Kerry v Galway, All-Ireland Senior Football Final. 24 July, 2022

Started by IolarCoisCuain, July 11, 2022, 10:56:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tubberman

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

blanketattack

Jell 0 Biafra

I hope I'm wrong, of course, but I can't see anything other than a handy 5 point or more win for Kerry.

seafoid

Only 5 of the Galway team that beat Kerry in the 2018 super 8s still involved, per RTE,  versus 12 for Kerry.

Gmac

Thought brolly was spot on with his assessment that Kerry would try blitz Galway early and establish a 5/6 point margin and try cruise home from there , but also said if it's tight the pressure is more on Kerry than Galway. Like Kerry to win by 7/8 thought derry made Galway look deplorable in semi .

inroundthesquare

Quote from: blanketattack on July 23, 2022, 12:58:43 AM
Quote from: Tubberman on July 22, 2022, 10:17:51 PM
Quote from: blanketattack on July 22, 2022, 10:14:11 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 22, 2022, 10:00:58 PM
What age is Shane Walsh?

Still "one to watch"
Yeah, strange to think that in next year's cship Fenton, Kilkenny and Walsh will be on the wrong side of 30.

Fenton will be 29 in next year's championship

seafoid

It might come down to who gets the goals in the first 15 mins

Gael85

From the Bunker

Quote from: seafoid on July 23, 2022, 02:14:20 PM

It might come down to who gets the goals in the Last 15 mins

It might come down to who gets the goals

yellowcard

The stock and trade answer of most pundits seems to be that Kerry will win but that it will be a lot closer than people think. As much as I'd like to see Galway win, I think Kerry may win this quite comfortably. If Galway can stay in the game long enough, they will just hope that they can bring it down to the last 10/15 minutes and that Kerry get nervous. You could see them getting nervy in the last 15/20 minutes against Dublin despite having the better players and it took a monster free to see them home. And that was a Dublin team running on fumes. Galway will bring more energy and freshness than Dublin but I just don't think that they have as much quality individually as Kerry up front. Kerry by 8 points.   

GaillimhIarthair

Safe travels to everyone heading to Croke Park this weekend. 

Christ, it's great to be back on the big stage and hopefully we put in a performance and see where it takes us.

Gaillimh Abu

seafoid

Kerry have more quality says the seanbhean bocht. They processed a lot of loss under the usual Kingdom pressure since 2018 . I think the pressure will be a factor  . Splits families in 2. Puts people on streets. Sends Frees wide.
https://youtu.be/YoDh_gHDvkk

Blowitupref

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 23, 2022, 02:25:44 PM
Quote from: seafoid on July 23, 2022, 02:14:20 PM

It might come down to who gets the goals in the Last 15 mins

It might come down to who gets the goals

Or it might not come down to goals at all

Goals have been in very short supply in Galway-Kerry All-Ireland finals. Declan Meehan's goal for Galway in the 2000 replay was the only one scored in the last four finals involving the counties (2000 draw and replay, 1965-1964). It leaves Garry McMahon as the last Kerryman to score a goal in an All-Ireland final against Galway in the 1959 decider which they won by 3-7 to 1-4

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose