Started by Jinxy, September 17, 2018, 09:54:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

In your county, has it:

Significantly increased in recent years
Significantly decreased in recent years
It's about the same

Aaron Boone

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 08, 2018, 09:22:30 AM
What I don't understand is why the players needed to get involved with a few lads laying on a few slaps.

Fair play the No.20 from Downpatrick stayed on the pitch and didn't look to get involved.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Aaron Boone on October 08, 2018, 11:34:14 AM
What I don't understand is why the players needed to get involved with a few lads laying on a few slaps.

Fair play the No.20 from Downpatrick stayed on the pitch and didn't look to get involved.

It's an awful indictment that you have to commend someone for not getting involved in a fight.

Minder

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 08, 2018, 11:37:54 AM

It's an awful indictment that you have to commend someone for not getting involved in a fight.

No doubt his team mates probably have him down as a yella bastard
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Minder on October 08, 2018, 11:41:08 AM

No doubt his team mates probably have him down as a yella b**tard

Cowardly Cnut in my eyes....

Milltown Row2

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 08, 2018, 11:43:54 AM
Quote from: Minder on October 08, 2018, 11:41:08 AM

No doubt his team mates probably have him down as a yella b**tard

Cowardly Cnut in my eyes....

Probably couldn't climb the fence the fat f**ker
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Minder

I see bbc news NI have sent Colm Parkinson a DM asking to follow so it will be on the news/Nolan show soon I would say
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

OgraAnDun

Quote from: Minder on October 08, 2018, 11:53:59 AM
I see bbc news NI have sent Colm Parkinson a DM asking to follow so it will be on the news/Nolan show soon I would say

It's a pity they aren't so keen to show any (non-violent) action from the club championships across the 6Cs.

Ethan Tremblay

Every other weeks there's melees breaking out at the moment.  Surely Ulster GAA/ Croke Park have to get involved at some point.  As someone has mentioned here before, does it have to result in someone getting killed  before actions are taken?
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

shantygael

Quote from: OgraAnDun on October 08, 2018, 12:39:01 PM

It's a pity they aren't so keen to show any (non-violent) action from the club championships across the 6Cs.
A bit like Eddie Mahon from the Derry journal. Only reports  the negative news about the gaa.and pure anti dub. He must have milked it for a couple of months whenever Derry city didn't get the use of Celtic park.
you've only had enough to drink when you cant hold onto the ground

brokencrossbar1

https://www.midulstermail.co.uk/news/man-freed-after-footballer-s-death-1-1790182

A MAN who caused the death of a Cookstown solicitor during a football match more than two years ago walked free from court on Friday. At an earlier court, Seamus Seaton (19) from Norglen Parade, Belfast, had admitted the manslaughter of Brian Reid (25) from Drumgrass Road in the Churchtown area. Mr Reid died after he was punched on the head by Seaton during a football match in Belfast City Playing Fields at Mallusk on October 21, 2000.

Read more at: https://www.midulstermail.co.uk/news/man-freed-after-footballer-s-death-1-1790182

This is just the start of the article and you can read the rest if you want. Brian Reid was a friend of mine at university and we were in the same tutorial group doing our professional exams. A single punch to the head and he died. This could happen to anyone of these people in these mass brawls and one of these days it will. It sickens my hole when I hear about men saying you can't be a true Gael if you report it to the police. If someone blindsides you and breaks your jaw you've every god given right to do whatever is necessary for justice. Maybe it will take a high profile legal case to bring the matter to a head. It's not brave or manly or anything close to that to swing a Thump or a kick into a crowd or into some mans jaw when they are not watching as often happens in these rows. Time to f**king stop it and that's that.

Ethan Tremblay

Agreed, it wasn't that long ago that young fella from Fermanagh was assaulted in a game out in the States and that nearly ended in tragedy, I don't think he really recovered from that incident either and his life is forever changed.  There is feckall respect in GAA these days. 
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

JoG2

Quote from: shantygael on October 08, 2018, 02:44:50 PM
Quote from: OgraAnDun on October 08, 2018, 12:39:01 PM

A bit like Eddie Mahon from the Derry journal. Only reports  the negative news about the gaa. and pure anti dub. He must have milked it for a couple of months whenever Derry city didn't get the use of Celtic park.

Eddie is a right winge-bag alright, but is much better craic in person than in print. He was a handy footballer, used to play midfield for a very good Newbridge team back in the day

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: Ethan Tremblay on October 08, 2018, 03:18:05 PM
Agreed, it wasn't that long ago that young fella from Fermanagh was assaulted in a game out in the States and that nearly ended in tragedy, I don't think he really recovered from that incident either and his life is forever changed.  There is feckall respect in GAA these days.

He got a job with the GAA - he's working in Croke Park

mrdeeds

Lad hospitalised in Laois yesterday. Lost teeth too. Not an Ulster only problem.

yellowcard

I know of several county boards in Ulster who are dishing out fines to clubs of up to €500 for petty technical infringements such as players not wearing correct numbers, too many personnel inside the pitch, team changes not being notified to the announcer before a match.

The same county boards meanwhile will brush violent brawls and physical fights under the carpet. Until the county boards start taking these things seriously this will continue until someone gets seriously injured or worse.