Christmas markets in Europe

Started by qwerty123, September 16, 2018, 10:45:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

qwerty123

Has anyone any experience of good Christmas markets in Europe? Thinking of going on a weekend break somewhere in Decemeber and would like to go one.

playwiththewind1st

Was in Vienna just before Christmas last year & the whole place was an Xmas market! Big one was at the City Hall....it was freezing, light snow falling, so all very festive.

ziggy90

Birmingham. Huge market, great atmosphere and great beer.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Rois

Salzburg was lovely. We did it and Munich in the same trip last December. Direct train between the two. If you're in the north, Ryanair starting flights to Salzburg soon and days of flights are  good for weekend breaks.

imtommygunn

I read copenhagan is regarded as the best about

lurganblue

Quote from: playwiththewind1st on September 16, 2018, 10:54:52 AM
Was in Vienna just before Christmas last year & the whole place was an Xmas market! Big one was at the City Hall....it was freezing, light snow falling, so all very festive.

I have been in Vienna and Prague for their Christmas market.  Much preferred Vienna.  The setting in front of the Rathaus is fantastic.

LooseCannon

omagh_gael

We did the Bruges one a few years back. Christmas market was ok but the city itself was beautiful. Some deadly beers, too.

trailer

Quote from: omagh_gael on September 17, 2018, 03:24:34 PM
We did the Bruges one a few years back. Christmas market was ok but the city itself was beautiful. Some deadly beers, too.

Always wanted to go to Bruges. Did you fly out of Belfast? Remember looking at flights a few years ago and don't think I could get their directly.

screenexile

Quote from: trailer on September 17, 2018, 03:49:24 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on September 17, 2018, 03:24:34 PM

Always wanted to go to Bruges. Did you fly out of Belfast? Remember looking at flights a few years ago and don't think I could get their directly.

Brussels then a train to Bruges it isn't that far but I've been a couple of times and it's a class spot!

Need to do something with herself so thinking Christmas Markets may be a good idea. So far logistically Prague is looking like the best option the first week in December.

JPGJOHNNYG

Manchester is good during the week but far too rammed at weekends.

bogball88

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: seafoid on September 17, 2018, 08:19:01 PM
Quote from: bogball88 on September 17, 2018, 07:10:46 PM
Vienna was class
It means nothing to me

I once had a dream about that back when I was younger. The song was playing and the news man announced the world was going to end and there was a white light and an explosion. Was surreal