Ulster Club SFC 2017

Started by general_lee, October 05, 2017, 10:55:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHEEDY

Quote from: BennyCake on October 29, 2017, 04:32:57 PM
So, that's semis of...

Kilcar v Slaughtneil
Cavan Gaels v Derrygonnelly
slaughtneils to lose then. cant see any of the remaining teams beating them.
nil satis nisi optimum

inthrough

Quote from: SHEEDY on October 29, 2017, 06:51:57 PM
So, that's semis of...

Kilcar v Slaughtneil

If you saw what I saw today in Clones you wouldn't say that.

Kilcar absolutely dismantled Scotstown, in their own backyard, who managed only 0-3 in the last 45 minutes. Slaughtneil will be favourites & rightly so but Kilcar are not to be lightly dismissed.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: SHEEDY on October 29, 2017, 06:51:57 PM
So, that's semis of...

Kilcar v Slaughtneil

Can't write off any team with Paddy McBrearty in it.

BennyCake

I'm eager to see how Kilcar goes. Seen highlights of their game v St Michael's and their running game destroyed them. McHughs are fliers and McBreaertys to kick the scores. Slaughtneil have yet to face a team like them. Should be an interesting game.

imtommygunn

Ryan mchugh is one of the best players in the game too.

Wildweasel74

I'm eager to see how Kilcar goes. Seen highlights of their game v St Michael's and their running game destroyed them. McHughs are fliers and McBreaertys to kick the scores. Slaughtneil have yet to face a team like them. Should be an interesting game.

Let me fix that for you, Kilcar have yet to face a team like Slaughtneil!!!

MK

Quote from: BennyCake on October 29, 2017, 07:38:06 PM

Kilcar were indeed very impressive in their semi-final win over St. Michaels and then showed in the county final they could play defensively -"This shows people what sort of football we can play. We were criticised in the Donegal final but we just had a job to do that day, and we did it."-as Mark mc Hugh  stated after today's win.

As Kilcoo and Omagh can verify-Kilcar have yet to face a TEAM like Slaughtneil

Wildweasel74

inthrough

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on October 29, 2017, 08:27:40 PM
Slaughtneil will eat them

Mystic Meg is in the house!!

Seriously though, Slaughtneil are a great team & will rightly be favourites against Kilcar, but as for eating them, I wouldn't put the house on it.

In their last four games Kilcar conceded 0-7 in the county S/F, 0-4 in the county final, 0-1 in their last league game which gave them a league & championship double & 1-6 today.

They are no mugs either in defence or attack & have 6 players in the Donegal senior panel. Like Slaughtneil they are a small club, the smallest population wise in Donegal, with only 900 people in the parish & like Slaughtneil they eat sleep & drink football & bring a big vocal support with them wherever they go.

The semi final between them promises to be a great occasion & which ever way it goes there won't be a lot in it. I see Boylesports have Slaughtneill @ 5/4 to win Ulster with Kilcar @ 11/8.

Mikhailov

Hopefully Slaughtneil game v kilcar is in Omagh
Other semi should be in Clones

MK

Quote from: inthrough on October 29, 2017, 08:50:19 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on October 29, 2017, 08:27:40 PM
Slaughtneil will eat them

Mystic Meg is in the house!!

Seriously though, Slaughtneil are a great team & will rightly be favourites against Kilcar, but as for eating them, I wouldn't put the house on it.

In their last four games Kilcar conceded 0-7 in the county S/F, 0-4 in the county final, 0-1 in their last league game which gave them a league & championship double & 1-6 today.

They are no mugs either in defence or attack & have 6 players in the Donegal senior panel. Like Slaughtneil they are a small club, the smallest population wise in Donegal, with only 900 people in the parish & like Slaughtneil they eat sleep & drink football & bring a big vocal support with them wherever they go.

The semi final between them promises to be a great occasion & which ever way it goes there won't be a lot in it. I see Boylesports have Slaughtneill @ 5/4 to win Ulster with Kilcar @ 11/8.
Kilcar 2/1 with PP-Slaughtneil 5/6

Agreed there won't be a lot in it-thats the way slaughtneil progress at this stage of the season

inthrough

Quote from: Mikhailov on October 29, 2017, 09:07:56 PM

It would want to stay dry if any game is going to be played in Omagh. I would favour Enniskillen for the Sat evening game.

BennyCake

Yes Kilcar haven't met a team like Slaughtneil. But Slaughtneil don't tend to be heavy scorers. Awesome team no doubt, but there's goals in that Kilcar team.

imtommygunn

I don't think they are heavy enough scorers to ever win the ai to be honest especially in croke park. Still think kilcar will struggle against them.

Dire Ear

Quote from: Mikhailov on October 29, 2017, 09:07:56 PM
Saturday 11 November

Ulster club SFC semi-final
Slaughtneil (Derry) v Kilcar (Donegal), Healy Park, 6.30pm

Sunday 12 November

Ulster club SFC semi-final
Derrygonnelly (Fermanagh) v Cavan Gaels (Cavan), Clones, 2pm