Thank God it was not a draw!

Started by From the Bunker, September 18, 2017, 12:23:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

straightred

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 18, 2017, 12:23:26 AM
Gas, as we (the poor downtrodden Mayo fans) left Croke Park. The overwhelming feeling was 'Thank God it wasn't a draw'. The Financial as well as the emotional cost was just to much and most were happy it was done and dusted. Who wants to spend more money on Petrol, Food and €80 (cos the GAA of the people don't reduce the price for replays in Football). If there was one small thing that made me happy it was that them greedy corporational whores missed out on screwing us one last time. Small mercies!   ;D

Adult prices were reduced to 60 from 80 and kids (on season tickets) were reduced to 10 from 80 last year for the replay.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on September 18, 2017, 08:05:40 AM
Gas, as we (the poor downtrodden Mayo fans) left Croke Park. The overwhelming feeling was 'Thank God it wasn't a draw'. The Financial as well as the emotional cost was just to much and most were happy it was done and dusted. Who wants to spend more money on Petrol, Food and €80 (cos the GAA of the people don't reduce the price for replays in Football).
You mustn't have been there last year so, when the price was reduced.

PRICE OF €80 for the replay last year - No reduction and I was there! Check your facts!

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 18, 2017, 10:43:40 AM
Gas, as we (the poor downtrodden Mayo fans) left Croke Park. The overwhelming feeling was 'Thank God it wasn't a draw'. The Financial as well as the emotional cost was just to much and most were happy it was done and dusted. Who wants to spend more money on Petrol, Food and €80 (cos the GAA of the people don't reduce the price for replays in Football).

PRICE OF €80 for the replay last year - No reduction and I was there! Check your facts!
You were had so...
http://www.gaa.ie/football/news/ticket-price-reduction-for-all-ireland-final-replay/

longballin

Was there too - the price was reduced as it was for hurling replays
http://www.gaa.ie/football/news/ticket-price-reduction-for-all-ireland-final-replay/

magpie seanie

Quote from: Rossfan on September 18, 2017, 12:35:11 AM
When ye have a panel of Mayo men only (no Ballaghaderreen Co Roscommon players) ye'll win Sam.
And no Sligo men don't forget.

weareros

Quote from: Thy Kingdom Come on September 18, 2017, 12:38:23 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on September 18, 2017, 12:35:11 AM
When ye have a panel of Mayo men only (no Ballaghaderreen Co Roscommon players) ye'll win Sam.
We won before with Ballaghaderreen Co Roscommon players, what different now?

Sean Flanagan was actually from Aughamore. I think the only Ballaghaderreen man to ever win a senior football All-Ireland was Jack Shouldice with Dublin in 1907.

Orchard park

Have you checked your facts ???????

Redhand Santa

Some people would rather they weren't reduced so they have something to complain about. I'd say they'd have no problem getting people to pay 60 Euro for another game like yesterday. Fantastic entertainment, pity there wasn't a replay.

sligoman2

Talk about kicking a man when he's down.  Have ye Rossies lost all decency?

Amazing how's ye continously turn threads into a moaning session.

Up Mayo
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

Syferus

Quote from: sligoman2 on September 19, 2017, 12:15:32 AM

Up Mayo

Weird post, Larryin.

sligoman2

Quote from: Syferus on September 19, 2017, 01:02:36 AM

Up Mayo

Weird post, Larryin.
Sorry jackeen...  why do I waste my time

Avondhu star

Gas, as we (the poor downtrodden Mayo fans) left Croke Park. The overwhelming feeling was 'Thank God it wasn't a draw'. The Financial as well as the emotional cost was just to much and most were happy it was done and dusted. Who wants to spend more money on Petrol, Food and €80 (cos the GAA of the people don't reduce the price for replays in Football). If there was one small thing that made me happy it was that them greedy corporational whores missed out on screwing us one last time. Small mercies!   ;D
Get a look at the financial accounts for Mayo county board and any club there that has done development and you will see significant funds were given from Croke Park
And then take their ignorant chip off your shoulder
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

magpie seanie

Up Mayo

Tom Parsons played well didn't he.

Rossfan

What part of Co. Mayo is Tom from?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

sligoman2

Tom Parsons won't play for Sligo, we need to accept that and move on.  Ballaghdreen play in Mayo. 

Time to move on.  My point is this is not the time to throw this in Mayo's face. 
Were you rooting for Dublin Seanie?  How about the Rossies?
I was rooting for Mayo and most of the country was...