Started by Fuzzman, August 05, 2017, 08:46:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoG2

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 27, 2017, 06:21:13 PM
Quote from: lenny on August 27, 2017, 06:15:19 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on August 27, 2017, 06:08:21 PM
Quote from: seafoid on August 27, 2017, 06:02:43 PM
Indo

A Con O'Callaghan goal in the fifth minute set the tone for a totally dominant first-half performance by Dublin which surely spells the end of the blanket defence and possibly the managerial career of Tyrone boss Mickey Harte.

The end of the nihilism of the blanket would be welcome.

The blanket was what won it today for Dublin. 15 behind the 45 every time Tyrone went forward. Literally 15!

Complete rubbish, when dublin attacked they had plenty of options for a long kick pass ahead of them because they kept players up the pitch. Tyrone never had that luxury and their counter attacks lacked any pace and they looked clueless against an organised defence.

Watch the game back. When tyrone went on the attack Dublin retreated all 15 back. Honestly. Not complaining about it, it's a legitimate tactic. But it's what Dublin did. They out blanketed tyrone. Broke forward far faster than tyrone when the turned over.

But seriously, 15 man dublin blanket. It happened.

They didn't out blanket the blanket you clampet! The very very odd occasion Tyrone threw men forward, Dublin screened them. How often in that game did Dublin not have a long foot pass option or 2 well inside the Tyrone half??

charlieTully

Total football. Arrogance has a way of biting you on the bum. The nouveau rich are back in the bog where they belong. Auf Wiedersehen to falling Sean fairwell to Carrickmore, we have seen enough of puke football and we won't be back for more.

Wildweasel74

Dublin played more defensive back in 2014 we could been seeing the first 5 in a row team here. learned their lesson the hard way

trileacman

Had worse defeats to take. What's disappointing me more is that we're hammering the remainder of the sides around us so despite being a gulf behind Dublin there's twice the gulf between the dubs and the rest of the country.

Alot being made of how we played but it's brought us more success than the when we played without this game plan. There's no living with the dubs as I think mayo will find out in a few weeks.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Wildweasel74

What happened to Tyrone hyped up bench, we see a real bench in action there today

Syferus

Quote from: trileacman on August 27, 2017, 06:30:39 PM
Had worse defeats to take. What's disappointing me more is that we're hammering the remainder of the sides around us so despite being a gulf behind Dublin there's twice the gulf between the dubs and the rest of the country.

Alot being made of how we played but it's brought us more success than the when we played without this game plan. There's no living with the dubs as I think mayo will find out in a few weeks.

You only played Ulster sides outside of Dublin - the best side you played of them were absolutely annihilated by a totally heartless Galway side.

The Trap

A serious question to Dublin supporters. Have you had an enjoyable season so far beating every team out the gate? I got the feeling even the dubs were hoping to get a serious game......

JoG2

The gulf between the Dubs and the vast majority of other counties is off the charts

greatpoint

Quote from: charlieTully on August 27, 2017, 06:24:45 PM
Total football. Arrogance has a way of biting you on the bum. The nouveau rich are back in the bog where they belong. Auf Wiedersehen to falling Sean fairwell to Carrickmore, we have seen enough of puke football and we won't be back for more.

Fairly cringey post Charles

INDIANA

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 27, 2017, 06:21:13 PM
Quote from: lenny on August 27, 2017, 06:15:19 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on August 27, 2017, 06:08:21 PM
Quote from: seafoid on August 27, 2017, 06:02:43 PM
Indo

A Con O'Callaghan goal in the fifth minute set the tone for a totally dominant first-half performance by Dublin which surely spells the end of the blanket defence and possibly the managerial career of Tyrone boss Mickey Harte.

The end of the nihilism of the blanket would be welcome.

The blanket was what won it today for Dublin. 15 behind the 45 every time Tyrone went forward. Literally 15!

Complete rubbish, when dublin attacked they had plenty of options for a long kick pass ahead of them because they kept players up the pitch. Tyrone never had that luxury and their counter attacks lacked any pace and they looked clueless against an organised defence.

Watch the game back. When tyrone went on the attack Dublin retreated all 15 back. Honestly. Not complaining about it, it's a legitimate tactic. But it's what Dublin did. They out blanketed tyrone. Broke forward far faster than tyrone when the turned over.

But seriously, 15 man dublin blanket. It happened.

Go back to bed . You are an embarrassment to Gaelic football . A laughing stock regardless of whether Dublin win the final . You were seven points down and had 13 still behind the ball. It's pathetic . Plan A and nothing else
Back to the drawing board mate and at least next year play with some conviction

Zulu

But you beat nobody. Tyrone have talent and some decent forwards so go out and play football. I said it here months ago but you can't win an All Ireland with 14 behind the ball and running it the length of the field when you turnover an opponent.

INDIANA

Quote from: Syferus on August 27, 2017, 06:22:12 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 27, 2017, 06:17:50 PM
Hats off Syferus, you were absolutely right. ;)

I don't take any glee in a proper GAA county being out-classed by a corporation with every advantage imaginable. In most other eras Tyrone would indeed be AI challengers with their current team.

Just because Roscommon aren't up to it don't blame the rest of us why you can't win a match in Croke Park

cornerback

Quote from: ziggysego on August 23, 2017, 03:22:02 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on August 23, 2017, 03:17:10 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on August 23, 2017, 02:59:07 PM
Quote from: screenexile on August 23, 2017, 02:54:21 PMTyrone to get beat well and a new manager for next year!!

Well - it would be a shame if someone quoted this for 5pm on Sunday evening

Ive it screenshotted incase it ahem goes missing in around half 5 on Sunday.

We should all make a copy and post back on Sunday. ;)

I haven't seen anyone quoting this yet  ;D ;D

trileacman

Quote from: Syferus on August 27, 2017, 06:33:00 PM

You only played Ulster sides outside of Dublin - the best side you played of them were absolutely annihilated by a totally heartless Galway side.

Show me the sides putting it up to Dublin then so?
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014