Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Brendan

The man reffed the senior final last year how bad could it have been?

Mario

Quote from: Link on October 16, 2023, 11:16:48 AMref set the tone for his performance after 10 seconds. cost glen a point and gave a free to slaughtneil. Glass got his foot to the ball and was upended. 2hour 45 into stream.

Another moment in the 2nd half stood out to me, advantage played for a pull on a glen runner by slaughtneil number 4 - obvious yellow. Glen kicked into block 4 seconds later with no real advantange, slaughtneil regain possession and play not brought back. Yellow card not given due and no benefit to glen when possession was so crucial at that stage. 3hour 52 into steam. 52 mins played.

mcfauls yellow card is worth a watch back, not a whole pile in it.
Liverpool fans still overanalysing replays. Give it a rest Link.

ck

Quote from: InnocentByStander on October 16, 2023, 11:38:23 AMNo mention of the obvious square ball on here yet...

100% a square ball. I called it as freetaker kicked the ball as no Glen player should have been in the square. Commentators on stream were generally clueless on what was going on so no surprise they didnt know the rules either.
Square ball all day long - referee was very poor.

Link

Quote from: Mario on October 16, 2023, 12:33:50 PMLiverpool fans still overanalysing replays. Give it a rest Link.

do you want to hear about the black card changed to yellow in the minor semi yesterday after a spectating referee reminded the ref of the rule?

Derry Optimist

Now that we have reached the finals of  the Derry Senior,Intermediate and Junior championships,it would nice for posters who saw many games  to get the opportunity to nominate their  five best players that they saw during the separate championship campaigns. For those supporters, like myself, who were unable to view few, if any games, it would be an ideal chance to learn how Derry football is progressing at club level.

Brendan

Quote from: Derry Optimist on October 17, 2023, 07:00:07 PMNow that we have reached the finals of  the Derry Senior,Intermediate and Junior championships,it would nice for posters who saw many games  to get the opportunity to nominate their  five best players that they saw during the separate championship campaigns. For those supporters, like myself, who were unable to view few, if any games, it would be an ideal chance to learn how Derry football is progressing at club level.

Mostly been watching intermediate myself and the standout players I've seen unsurprisingly are from the 2 finalists, Peter Hagan, Tiernan Moore and Gavin O'Neill for Banagher, Neil mcnicholl for Glenullin, special mentions for the evergreen Mark Lynch and Skinner of course to still putting in top performances

themania1

Quote from: Derry Optimist on October 17, 2023, 07:00:07 PMNow that we have reached the finals of  the Derry Senior,Intermediate and Junior championships,it would nice for posters who saw many games  to get the opportunity to nominate their  five best players that they saw during the separate championship campaigns. For those supporters, like myself, who were unable to view few, if any games, it would be an ideal chance to learn how Derry football is progressing at club level.

Have watched a brave few Senior and Intermediate games throughout the Championship. Could be missing an obvious name or two but here goes these are my five picks for each:

Senior- Padraig Mcgrogan, Danny Tallon, Conor McCluskey, Kevin Johnston,  Emmett Bradley.
Honourable mention to Peter Stuart Bellaghy Goalkeeper

Intermediate- Gavin O'Neill, Tiarnan Moore, Neil McNicholl, Ryan McNicholl, and the young Banagher goalkeeper Callum Armstrong.

statto

Quote from: themania1 on October 18, 2023, 11:11:31 AM

Have watched a brave few Senior and Intermediate games throughout the Championship. Could be missing an obvious name or two but here goes these are my five picks for each:

Senior- Padraig Mcgrogan, Danny Tallon, Conor McCluskey, Kevin Johnston,  Emmett Bradley.

Intermediate- Gavin O'Neill, Tiarnan Moore, Neil McNicholl, Ryan McNicholl, and the young Banagher goalkeeper Callum Armstrong.

What age is Stuart would he be healthy competition for Lynch?

jmcgdoire

Quote from: statto on October 18, 2023, 01:36:57 PM

He would be 26. Absolutely healthy competition. I seen him a few times this year and reminds me of Ethan Rafferty. Dont think he would have the distance of Lynch yet but he looks a lot more agile and great on the dead ball.

left peg

Quote from: statto on October 18, 2023, 01:36:57 PM

Emmet Bradley couldn't make the team two years ago and hasn't exactly gotten into any better physical condition so I'd forget about him.Danny Tallon could be worth looking at if he commits.

Tiarnan Moore and Ryan McNicholl definitely worth looking at.

Is our county captain and vice captain two of the most over rated players on the evidence of club form? Both shocking campaigns!

Rumours also rife that O'rouke is looking out of glen due to bust ups with certain players with big egos...I'd imagine he'll see out this campaign anyway.

North Man

Tiernan Moore is a fine footballer and Banagher are a very good Intermediate team.
I think he may have been asked before and word is he and his brother are heading to Australia in the new year to meet up with half of North Derry.
Ryan Mc Nicholl is just a class footballer, Derry could easily have won the minor title in 2022 if he had been available.

Wildweasel74

Bradley would  been on if he wasn't injured, badly needed him again this year, I be looking to play him in the half forwards. What club are you left peg? McGuigan, Rodgers, McKeigue proved it multi times when it counts, Slaughtneil are on the slide, to what they were 7/8yrs ago, but still stronger than most in Derry. The style of play from Derry club managers seriously needs looked at, it's a hinderence to the county team. Defensive crap that still ends in the same result, minus the decent fball match.

DearyMe

Quote from: OakLeaf on October 16, 2023, 09:25:11 AMGlen 1-0 up after 23 minutes! At least it picked up a bit after that and there was interest until the end, but it was a hard watch football wise.

Bang on Oak Leaf - the streaming services around Ulster has allowed for great audiences.  Nothing like streaming these games to the clubhouse on Sunday evenings...particularly when not from the county nor close enough to 'nip'over.  And its more of a reason for the style to change and players to have greater autonomy, to showcase skill and brilliance, but I think not for the foreseeable!

But it was not pretty - screaming at the TV to push on - watched this after the earlier Down final.

Its ALL very hard to watch!  But watch it we will...

Good luck!
Do not wait to strike until the iron is hot, but make it hot by striking!

restorepride

Very sorry to hear about the death of Liam Peoples, Claudy.  A great GAA man, played goals for Derry in All Ireland Minor football final of 1981 (I think, or 1980?).  Another member of that team who has died too young.

Link

Minor final a brutal watch.

Magherafelt brought on a young sub with a bit of flair who wanted to attack and it won them the game.

Decent football being coached out of young lads now. Very few forward passes with foot.