Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

More time?? Ffs has this pantomime went on long enough? It's the worst c**k up in the history of modern politics, the quicker it gets sorted then the quicker the place can be back on its feet.

This will end in a new election
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 17, 2018, 02:54:10 PM
More time?? Ffs has this pantomime went on long enough? It's the worst c**k up in the history of modern politics, the quicker it gets sorted then the quicker the place can be back on its feet.

would you prefer an income cut of 10% ?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on July 17, 2018, 02:59:39 PM

would you prefer an income cut of 10% ?

Are we not for the past whatever years now been dropping in income? The uncertainty will continue to drop sterling even further... brexit is a basket case, but something needs done, either run another referendum (won't happen and maybe if it did it would probably end up with more voting to leave!) or just accept the deal (as shit as it is) and try and build back..

This fiasco has set British politics back 70 years I'd say, on a personal level I'm lucky enough, good growth in my work and wife has a life time job, but can see big differences in the day to day stuff.. but surely it has to hit bottom before it gets better. At the minute the slow spiral is causing (in the long run) more problems.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/jul/17/may-faces-brexit-defeat-as-labour-backs-customs-union-amendment

Theresa May faces a damaging Commons defeat, as Labour confirmed it would back an amendment tabled by rebel Tory MPs seeking to ensure Britain remains in a customs union after Brexit.

Senior Tory calls for Brexit referendum to be re-run given Vote Leave's 'cheating' - Politics live

Read more

The prime minister's Brexit plans could be thrown into further disarray with two more pro-EU government ministers understood to be considering quitting their roles in order to back the move on Tuesday.

Tory remainers Nicky Morgan and Stephen Hammond have tabled an amendment to the trade bill under which Britain would be forced to join a customs union with the EU if no agreement were reached on frictionless trade by 21 January 2019.

The pro-European group believes it has at least 10 Tory MPs prepared to support its plans in the vote on Tuesday night, and possibly more, with the ministers among those considering joining the rebels.

Labour also confirmed it would vote against the plan to bring forward the summer recess to Thursday this week, putting Tory MPs in the invidious position of having to defend voting for an early break to their constituents.

It would also mean that there would be almost no time for Tory MPs to hold a confidence vote in the prime minister if one was called.

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: mouview on July 17, 2018, 02:18:44 PM
UK politics is almost literally deadlocked. No majority in the Commons for any sort of Brexit. Calls for May to resign or be ousted, but it's likely she'd just about win a no-confidence motion, buying her a year's grace. Brexiteers can be clever and just stall everything until the deadline passes and a no-deal crash out becomes de facto  Voices of reason like Grieve, Soubry and Justine Greening are gaining little traction. A General Election might clear the sultry air around Westminster but it would surely see Corbyn in no. 10 , which would be worse, so there's no appetite for it. Sinn Fein are too spineless to take their seats and upset the status quo, hopefully this is rammed home to the electorate here by all parties at our next election. Big business in Britain really needs to become more strident and show the politicians the folly of their ways.

Jacob Rees Mogg looks like Teacher from the Bash Street Kids.

I think I likened him to Cuthberg Cringleworthy, the Bash Street teachers pet, about 12months ago
Careful now

seafoid

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on July 17, 2018, 03:46:39 PM
Quote from: mouview on July 17, 2018, 02:18:44 PM
UK politics is almost literally deadlocked. No majority in the Commons for any sort of Brexit. Calls for May to resign or be ousted, but it's likely she'd just about win a no-confidence motion, buying her a year's grace. Brexiteers can be clever and just stall everything until the deadline passes and a no-deal crash out becomes de facto  Voices of reason like Grieve, Soubry and Justine Greening are gaining little traction. A General Election might clear the sultry air around Westminster but it would surely see Corbyn in no. 10 , which would be worse, so there's no appetite for it. Sinn Fein are too spineless to take their seats and upset the status quo, hopefully this is rammed home to the electorate here by all parties at our next election. Big business in Britain really needs to become more strident and show the politicians the folly of their ways.

Jacob Rees Mogg looks like Teacher from the Bash Street Kids.

I think I likened him to Cuthberg Cringleworthy, the Bash Street teachers pet, about 12months ago

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-3-5IYfL7Xus/U-STsk177aI/AAAAAAAABmQ/prDKugLhRRE/s1600/CUTHBERT.jpg

Franko

You've fair changed your tune!  I knew the penny would drop eventually.

sid waddell

Quote from: Franko on July 17, 2018, 05:22:35 PM

He said it'd be grand.

Still, what would you expect from somebody who's so full of shit.

heganboy

interesting vote in commons today- keep the UK in the customs union if no deal is agreed. Seems as if Tories may pull the vote as there is a real fear of defeat
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

OgraAnDun

Quote from: heganboy on July 17, 2018, 06:05:56 PM
interesting vote in commons today- keep the UK in the customs union if no deal is agreed. Seems as if Tories may pull the vote as there is a real fear of defeat

They've just scraped past that one

Milltown Row2

I never did , nor did I vote leave... but the constant deal no deal soft brexit hard brexit bollox is too much, either do it and start over or don't and deal with the economic f**k up that's hanging around as bad as Sid's stupid posts

Franko

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 17, 2018, 07:03:52 PM

I never did , nor did I vote leave... but the constant deal no deal soft brexit hard brexit bollox is too much, either do it and start over or don't and deal with the economic f**k up that's hanging around as bad as Sid's stupid posts

Yeah yeah.  I hoped you'd eventually catch on.  It just took you a little longer than most.

How much is a bottle of Lambrini these days?

balladmaker

All very close votes , and to think how 7 Sinn Fein MP's could have thrown the cat among the pigeons, and all in favour of Ireland  :-\

Minder

Quote from: balladmaker on July 17, 2018, 07:46:24 PM
All very close votes , and to think how 7 Sinn Fein MP's could have thrown the cat among the pigeons, and all in favour of Ireland  :-\

Sure nothing of any importance ever happens in Westminster, votes from NI parties don't matter,  why would they go? Or something
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

OgraAnDun

SF were elected on a policy of abstention, anyone who voted for them knew what they were getting.