Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lecale2

Better get this started before the Armagh lads get here and flood the site with threads about Armagh ground, Armagh u12 champioship, Armagh club toilets & Armagh long kick competition.

Can you fill in the rest as we go on or correct any mistakes?

DOWN ROLL OF HONOUR 2006

SFC:

Winners:  Mayobridge
Runners-Up: Burren

IFC:

Winners: Drumgath
Runners-Up: Atticall

JFC:

Winners: Bredagh
Runners-Up: Teconnaught

ACFL Division 1:

Winners:  Burren
Runners-Up:   Longstone

Relegated: 
Relegated: Shamrocks

ACFL Division 2:

Winners: 
Runners-Up: 

Relegated:  Saul
Relegated: Glenn

ACFL Division 3:

Winners: 
Runners-Up: 

Relegated: Aghaderg
Relegated: Drumaness

ACFL Division 4:

Runners-Up: St Paul's

ACPRL Division 1:
Winners:
Runners-Up:

Relegated: 
Relegated:

ACPRL Division 2:
Winners: 
Runners-Up:

PRFC:
Winners: Kilcoo
Runners-Up: Burren

RFC:
Winners: Burren
Runners-Up: Liatroim

MFC:

'A' Competition:

Winners: Castlewellan
Runners-Up: An Ríocht

'B' Competition:
Winners: Clonduff
Runners-Up: Longstone

U16  FC
'A' Competition

Winners
Runners Up

'B' Competition
Winners
Runners Up

U14  FC
'A' Competition

Winners:  Glenn
Runners Up;  Kilcoo

'B' Competition
Winners: Warrenpoint
Runners Up: Liatroim

SHC
Winners: Portaferry
Runners Up: Ballycran

IHC
Winners: Liatroim

JHC
Winners: Ballyvarley
Runners Up: Bredagh

ACHL Division 1
Winners: Ballycran
Runners Up: Portaferry

ACHL Division 2
Winners: Newry Shamrocks
Runners Up: Ballygalget

MHC
'A' Competition

Winners
Runners Up

'B' Competition
Winners
Runners Up

U16  HC
'A' Competition

Winners: Ballygalget
Runners Up: Portaferry

'B' Competition
Winners
Runners Up

U14  HC
'A' Competition

Winners: Portaferry

'B' Competition
Runners Up: Kilclief

Pangurban

Have just checked the members register,too see if all the Down men made it over. We seem to have left The Gael behind. Could some-one go back and get him, before the inner circle seize control of this board.

5 Sams

ACFL Div 2

Winners:  An Ríocht
Runners-Up:  Attical
The Aristocrat Years

downredblack

Sams , how did you get the crest on your posts ?

5 Sams

Go into your profile, go through all the options and where it gives you the option to insert a picture check the "I have my own pic" option and copy the url of the crest from a site on the internet...I got this from wikipedia...http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b8/Downnewcrest.jpg
The Aristocrat Years

Fear Boirche

Lads,
What chance have the 'Bridge of finally cracking Ulster this year? Hear that Muldoon's a doubt for B'derry, but that could just be crap. They certainly have the forwards, but weren't tested in Down this year. What do they need to do differently this year (besides go off the drink ::)?

thewobbler

The Sky Blues couldn't have got a tougher opener than against the Derry champions, but they can make it a whole lot easier on themselves if they play their own game.

Mayobridge's biggest problem on Sunday could, unusually, be discipline. Ballinderry are one of the few teams that have really really rattled their cage over the past decade, and there's a fair amount of bad blood between the players. If the 'Bridge can forget that it's Ballinderry they're playing, don't look for personal battles, don't turn the game into a war, and instead enter the game with the arrogance with which they play in the Down Championship, I reckon they'll get through with a couple to spare.

Lecale2

5 Sams - i think An Riocht & Attical are playing off tomorrow for Div 2 title. Daft, I know, but that's what's happening.

5 Sams

You could be right Lecale...I lost all interest after last week :-\
The Aristocrat Years

amallon

Welcome to the new board lads.  Lecale cheers for starting the thread, you can take the heat from the Co. Board for everything thats written here!  :)

The Muldoon injury is a complete hoax started by some fella Muguckan in the Poly. 
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

AnDunYeGo

AnRiocht and Attical are playin in Ballymartin on sunday, sure they're both up anyway

still no sign of thegael (apparently he takes no prisoners) :o

amallon

Quote from: thewobbler on November 10, 2006, 12:29:06 PM
Mayobridge's biggest problem on Sunday could, unusually, be discipline. Ballinderry are one of the few teams that have really really rattled their cage over the past decade, and there's a fair amount of bad blood between the players. If the 'Bridge can forget that it's Ballinderry they're playing, don't look for personal battles, don't turn the game into a war, and instead enter the game with the arrogance with which they play in the Down Championship, I reckon they'll get through with a couple to spare.

I don't think discipline will be a problem as long as the Bridge are in the game.  Mickey is death on discipline and has been driving it home to the players all year about how important it is.  There have been lapses but its been generally better this year.   This could be third time lucky against Ballinderry for us.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

bridgegael

hopefully it is third time lucky mallon.  hope the maghera pitch isn't too soft on sunday.  are you gettin bus to match or driving?
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

ITOB

Good luck to Mayobridge, Drumgath and Bredagh on Sunday representing the county in Ulster.