The Minister, the Commissioner and the whistleblower

Started by Hardy, February 20, 2014, 03:09:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Subbie

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on September 11, 2017, 09:25:44 PM
So what's to be done with the force now? Scrap it and start over like they did with the RUC?
Sounds too sensible, the Gardaì will be given more power after this.

manfromdelmonte

So what's to be done with the force now? Scrap it and start over like they did with the RUC?
would cost too much

The Subbie

It's noticeable that ALL the stories re the different scandals have mostly disappeared from the main stream media sites that has them plastered all over the place yesterday , there is most definitely the sound of the wagons being circled.

All the chat about the dept of finance raising the upper level pay scale to attract an overseas candidate will be just that , chat.

There will be no overseas commissioner, there will be a few token overseas candidates interviewed , there will be rumours of lots of interest from law enforcement professionals the world over BUT
when push comes to shove it will go to one of the Lads ( or lassies) that know the crack and will toe the line. Full stop.
There will be no reform. Anyone that thinks there will is deluded.

Even the upcoming "selection " process is laughable, the annointed one has most likely already been told "it's you"

I might be a cynical **** but we have been here before and with a rabid right winger like Leo the lovely in charge I very much doubt anything will be done different.

T Fearon

I see Judith Gillespie,ex RUC Deputy Chief Constable,is a hotly tipped contender! I recall her learning Irish under the LIOFA scheme up here a few years ago.Well if Northerners can be Freestate Presidents and managers of the Free State Football team....

Rossfan

There were no managers in the pre 1938 days of the Irish Free State SOCCER team ;)
And Mary McAleese was a displaced Rossie who has now returned to her roots.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Fat Angry Motorist

Quote from: T Fearon on September 12, 2017, 10:33:36 AM
I see Judith Gillespie,ex RUC Deputy Chief Constable,is a hotly tipped contender! I recall her learning Irish under the LIOFA scheme up here a few years ago.Well if Northerners can be Freestate Presidents and managers of the Free State Football team....

Reports say the salary will go up to €300k.  O'Sullivan was paid €180k
Give cyclists plenty of room.  It's the rules I tells ya!

Eamonnca1

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on September 12, 2017, 08:14:38 AM
would cost too much

Might end up cheaper than a string of tribunals.

johnneycool

Quote from: Hardy on September 15, 2017, 09:16:51 AM
Quote from: gallsman on September 15, 2017, 08:41:51 AM
https://www.rte.ie/news/2017/0914/904751-gra-breath-tests/

The guards are saying they didn't falsify nuttin'

Comical Ali lives.

What they are saying is that they were told to beef up the figures to make their senior management look good;

"He said that gardaí were under duress from middle and senior management within An Garda Síochána to elevate figures, with the threat being that if they did not, there would be implications for their future in the force."

hardly a culture you'd want in your policing service.

Shamrock Shore

manfromdelmonte

definitely not an organisation I'd encourage young people into
I've a cousin in it and he hates the drinking culture and bullying in many stations
he got out of Dublin mainly due to that.

manfromdelmonte

about to lose another minister due to this scandal

and possibly a government

Avondhu star

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on September 15, 2017, 11:13:26 PM
definitely not an organisation I'd encourage young people into
I've a cousin in it and he hates the drinking culture and bullying in many stations
he got out of Dublin mainly due to that.
Did he go home to Mammy?
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you