Latest Scores

Started by Lecale2, February 25, 2007, 02:44:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TonesAbú

Quote from: Minder on November 22, 2009, 03:52:19 PM
Do St Galls play Connacht champions in AISF?
They have to play The Loup first Minder  ;)
And that will be no easy game I can tell you.

Minder

Quote from: TonesAbú on November 22, 2009, 03:55:21 PM

Formality.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Schkite

Fair play to Garrycastle, great win when they were written off by most. All the best to them in the final.

Definately think Galls will win the AI now though. Loup are rarely easily beat but I can't see them stopping Galls if they play like the last day.

Schkite

Awful goal conceded by Portlaoise, though there did seem to be a strong wind.

Minder

Quote from: Schkite on November 22, 2009, 04:13:05 PM

Was that game abandoned?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Schkite

Quote from: Minder on November 22, 2009, 04:14:18 PM
Quote from: Schkite on November 22, 2009, 04:13:05 PM

Was that game abandoned?

According to Aertel.

Maroon Heaven

Quote from: Schkite on November 22, 2009, 03:59:19 PM
Fair play to Garrycastle, great win when they were written off by most. All the best to them in the final.

God - I wouldn't have said that. Alot of the press this morning tipped Garrycastle.

Fair play to them. This might be what is needed to lift Westmeath Football again after a poor 2009 year for the county footballers.

imtommygunn

Garrycastle are not a bad side. The wee number 5, Dessie Dolan and James Dolan were very good. Midfield good too - the lesser known midfielder possibly outshining the former county one,(his name escapes me...)

Ballyboden badly missed Keaney. Their FB marked Gary Dolan well though (although he should have scored a goal) and they'd one or two other players who played well. All in all you'd expect a lot more for Dublin champions as they were poor.

shark

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 22, 2009, 05:29:02 PM
Garrycastle are not a bad side. The wee number 5, Dessie Dolan and James Dolan were very good. Midfield good too - the lesser known midfielder possibly outshining the former county one,(his name escapes me...)

Ballyboden badly missed Keaney. Their FB marked Gary Dolan well though (although he should have scored a goal) and they'd one or two other players who played well. All in all you'd expect a lot more for Dublin champions as they were poor.

David O'Shaughnessy your thinking of.  The lesser known midfielder is Seanie O'Donoghue, who despite his appearance is only 28.  Was on the Westmeath U-21 team that won Leinster in 2000, as an 19 yr old.  But a series of bad injuries slowed him down.
Garrycastle are a very experienced side, that alone can win games this time of year

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Minder on November 22, 2009, 03:58:17 PM
Quote from: TonesAbú on November 22, 2009, 03:55:21 PM

Formality.

Agreed.

They'll walk it by 8-12 points.
i usse an speelchekor

imtommygunn

Not a formality at all.

St Galls, Clontibret game aside, have been getting through games by the skin of their teeth.

Loup have beat them before and as someone said here experience alone can win games this time of year. No more experience about than Paul McFlynn and Johnny McBride.

I'd be surprised if St Galls won by 8 - 12(If weather continues as is conditions will probably dictate they don't even score that). Loup are a very good "outside" bet for this game. On paper they're not as good a side by a long way however on paper they're not the best side in Derry - hasn't stopped them yet.

heffo

Quote from: shark on November 22, 2009, 05:33:13 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on November 22, 2009, 05:29:02 PM

David O'Shaughnessy your thinking of.  The lesser known midfielder is Seanie O'Donoghue, who despite his appearance is only 28.  Was on the Westmeath U-21 team that won Leinster in 2000, as an 19 yr old.  But a series of bad injuries slowed him down.
Garrycastle are a very experienced side, that alone can win games this time of year

Is Stephen O'Reilly still playing Senior for Garrycastle.

Fair play to Garrycastle - not really a shock - Boden were out on their feet and missing Keaney, O'Mahoney & a couple of others

I'm glad from a Dublin point of view that they're out so we can have a proper look at some of the Boden lads in the O'Byrne/NFL..

INDIANA

bar mac auley heffo they have no-one else of county standard. Portlaoise or clara will win it out. St galls for the all-ireland

Schkite

Quote from: Maroon Heaven on November 22, 2009, 05:06:57 PM
Quote from: Schkite on November 22, 2009, 03:59:19 PM

God - I wouldn't have said that. Alot of the press this morning tipped Garrycastle.

Fair play to them. This might be what is needed to lift Westmeath Football again after a poor 2009 year for the county footballers.

Ah right, just seen a few places were tipping Ballyboden and talking up a Boden - Portlaoise final. Haven't seen them before but clearly they're a good side.

Heard earlier a Westmeath side has never won Leinster, would be great to see.

Lecale2

Where is the Loup v St Gall's Ulster final?