Oraisteach

Armagh 1-11  Meath 0-13

Oraisteach

Armagh 1-12  Meath 0-13

Oraisteach

Armagh 1-13  Meath 0-13

Oraisteach

Armagh 1-13  Meath 0-13  FT

Great second half by Armagh.  Moved the ball well and seemed to have a lot of intensity, especially without Clarke and having McKeever injured towards the end.

Skiddybadoo

Brian Mallon seemed anonynmous.

jodyb

That commenatator on Five FM is a wild eejit of a man.  ;D Who is he??

Oraisteach

His name is McCullough.  He gets excited, but at least it's better than the flat commentary I heard in last week's Down game.  The only problem is you'd think Armagh were playing against a team of giants. Every Meath player's Christian name was "the big." 

You're right, Brian Mallon seemed to disappear for long periods to time.

Anyone know the Louth score.  gaa.ie has a Tipp win, but I'm not sure if that's true.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Oraisteach on March 29, 2009, 06:06:45 PM
Anyone know the Louth score.  gaa.ie has a Tipp win, but I'm not sure if that's true.

Tipp win indeed Oraisteach, though not sure of the final score.

Good win for your lads.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Zulu

18 to 1-11 as far as I know which means Tipp are promoted, congratulations to all involved. This is a great boost to football in the county and indeed Munster in general, and will make the probable clash of Limerick and Tipp in teh Munster semi final very interesting.

Onlooker

Tipp and Limerick definitely meet in this year's Munster Championship.  This game is a Quarter Final and the winners will play Clare in the Semi Final.  Great turnaround in Tipp's fortunes, with promotion from Div. 4 to Div.2 in 2 years.  Some consolation for the heart breaking defeat of the Under 21's in yesterday's Munster Final against Cork.  Probable Final between Tipp and Down is a nice game to look forward to, with the pressure off both teams with promotion in the bag.  An ideal game for both counties to prepare for the Provincial Championships.

Gold

Quote from: Onlooker on March 29, 2009, 06:55:14 PM
Tipp and Limerick definitely meet in this year's Munster Championship.  This game is a Quarter Final and the winners will play Clare in the Semi Final.  Great turnaround in Tipp's fortunes, with promotion from Div. 4 to Div.2 in 2 years.  Some consolation for the heart breaking defeat of the Under 21's in yesterday's Munster Final against Cork.  Probable Final between Tipp and Down is a nice game to look forward to, with the pressure off both teams with promotion in the bag.  An ideal game for both counties to prepare for the Provincial Championships.

to think that Tipp only stole promotion from Antrim in Div 4 last year--Antrim only needed a point from our last 2 games away to Tipp then at home to Waterford yet we blew it--gives us great hope that we may do  the same in Div 3 nxt year
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Onlooker

It is still hard to believe that Tipp got promotion ahead of Antrim last year.  Antrim were actually 5 points ahed of Tipp last year, with 2 games left to play for Antrim and 3 for Tipp.  Tipp then beat Antrim by 3 points in Ardfinnan.  We won our game in hand with a last minute goal against Waterford in Dungarvan.  Then in the final round of games Tipp beat Wicjklow by 2 points and Antrim lost to Waterford in Casement Park.  Antrim certainly deserve promotion this year and only for Waterford lost to London, they would have a great chance of going up with them.  They might still go up ahead of Sligo.

Gold

Quote from: Onlooker on March 29, 2009, 11:28:02 PM
It is still hard to believe that Tipp got promotion ahead of Antrim last year.  Antrim were actually 5 points ahed of Tipp last year, with 2 games left to play for Antrim and 3 for Tipp.  Tipp then beat Antrim by 3 points in Ardfinnan.  We won our game in hand with a last minute goal against Waterford in Dungarvan.  Then in the final round of games Tipp beat Wicjklow by 2 points and Antrim lost to Waterford in Casement Park.  Antrim certainly deserve promotion this year and only for Waterford lost to London, they would have a great chance of going up with them.  They might still go up ahead of Sligo.

it still makes me physically sick to my core
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."