Latest Scores

Started by Lecale2, February 25, 2007, 02:44:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: A Quinn Martin Production on January 16, 2008, 09:42:10 PM
Quote from: ardmhachaabu on January 16, 2008, 09:39:43 PM
I always said Edwin looked as if he could handle an oul shoulder charge

Being a Lisburn St Pat's man, he really should have been at Casement ;)
I am sure they would have loved to have had him too
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

aontroim

Any news on Antrim v QUB?

ardmhachaabu

Was Down 5-14 Donegal 0-13 the final score?
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Fear ón Srath Bán

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

whyarerefssobad

always look on the bright side

ardmhachaabu

whyarerefssobad

must have been armagh in disguise :P
always look on the bright side

Fear ón Srath Bán

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Pangurban

And a shudder ran through the other Ulster counties

corn02

You are not serious Pangur are you?

Pangurban

bennydorano

Was at the Queens v Antrim game last night, entertaining game.  Queens, although I wouldn't say a lot fitter than Antrim, were certainly more organised and had a well thought out gameplan, whereas Antrim seemed to fly by the seat of their pants.  Antrim dominated MF with McGourty & Joe Quinn in good form, although I thought that Queens tried to intentionally bypass MF for most of the game.  The game's best player was Antrims #11 (McCann?), who looks to be an ideal CHF, but maybe a bit too similar in style to MCGourty, he gave Joe OKane a torrid time in the first half, but to be fair to O'Kane he turned it around a bit in the second half.  Best for Queens, probably Courtney & McComiskey, with hounourable mentions to Aodan Gallgher and Kevin Kelly (who were both strangely/tactically substituted).  I though the AOR/Bernie Murray management combo definitely delivered tactically on the night.

Imposerous

Benny, was Vernon playing last night.  if so where did he line out and who was he marking?

bennydorano

Played MF, seemed to be marking big Joe Quinn for most of the game, Quinn had the better of the aerial exhcanges, but Charlie left him for dust going forward.  He's certainly had better games, but he never gave up, never stopped looking for the ball.

Imposerous

Thanks, Benny.  The reason I was asking was because while I think Vernon will be indispensable to a changing A\rmagh side, I don't think he is tall enough to be a primary ball winner in the midfield position.  He could a massive asset given a a roaming half back or half forward role  As a Harpsman, what do you think?