Latest Scores

Started by Lecale2, February 25, 2007, 02:44:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bensars

Quote from: Applesisapples on November 03, 2014, 02:02:32 PM
Quote from: Orior on November 03, 2014, 01:19:50 PM
There are some boys on the Cross team that think they are county standard when clearly they are not. Yesterday's result should help that dawning.
I would agree there in part. David McKenna looked slow and ponderous when he came on. It would appear though that the Armagh SFC does Cross no favours.

Dont buy that at all. It has no consequence if Cross were winning All Irelands, Ulsters or even getting to Ulster finals. It could in fact be argued it was an advantage as they were arriving on the Ulster scene fresh with time to prepare. This in contrast to some teams from other counties who do not have the time to recover or prepare.   You cant have it both ways.

This is no way a dig at Crossmaglen, they are the model  for all other clubs to aspire to, however they can only beat whats in front of them.
The uncompetitiveness of the Armagh championship is being used as a crutch when its convenient

DERRYSFINEST

Quote from: SuperHo on November 03, 2014, 02:04:30 PM
i was at the game and watched it on sky+ when i got home (sad) .  It was like watching 2 different games cos the tv did not cover a fraction of the pulling dragging pure nonsense that went on.  young meyler in particular came in for a lot of stick.  ref was abysmally inconsistent throughout.  Have seen cross in the flesh on many occasions and that looked nothin like cross as we know them.

it kills me to say it but the achievement of that omagh team is unreal.  fair play to them.  if ye cant beat em dont cry about it try harder!!

Funny I was chatting to a mate today who was at the game and also watched it when he got home.  He also said the off the ball antics that Cross were at particularly their defenders in the first half was unreal. I know an umpire got Kernan sent off, but surely with 7 officials all with earpieces etc these things should be stamped out. I felt the ref had a poor game with cross benefiting from some poor decisions in the first half.

If Cross had of kept 15 on the field they would have won the game.  Competition wide open now, I reckon it will be an Omagh / Clontibret final

Applesisapples

Quote from: SuperHo on November 03, 2014, 02:04:30 PM
i was at the game and watched it on sky+ when i got home (sad) .  It was like watching 2 different games cos the tv did not cover a fraction of the pulling dragging pure nonsense that went on.  young meyler in particular came in for a lot of stick.  ref was abysmally inconsistent throughout.  Have seen cross in the flesh on many occasions and that looked nothin like cross as we know them.

it kills me to say it but the achievement of that omagh team is unreal.  fair play to them.  if ye cant beat em dont cry about it try harder!!
In fairness to Cross not one of them that I have seen or heard offered an excuse other than they didn't do enough to win it.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Schkite on November 03, 2014, 01:06:44 PM
Great stuff by our lads against Galls yesterday. Some heart in that team, never give up until the final whistle.

Ulster wide open now, every team left will fancy their chances.

Working in England at minute so never got to game. Did the sending off make the difference or would you'd have won anyways?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Schkite

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 03, 2014, 09:22:46 PM
Quote from: Schkite on November 03, 2014, 01:06:44 PM
Great stuff by our lads against Galls yesterday. Some heart in that team, never give up until the final whistle.

Ulster wide open now, every team left will fancy their chances.

Working in England at minute so never got to game. Did the sending off make the difference or would you'd have won anyways?

Hard to say for definite. By the time of the sending off we'd got back to within a point and yous hadn't scored for about half an hour, so we'd recovered well from the awful start.

Still, you'd imagine a man extra could've made a difference in such a tight game, fine margins and all that. There were a few chances missed near the end which could have swung it either way regardless.

Milltown Row2

Grand, totally inexcusable for us to give up a six point lead and for you's to go so far behind, but to not score for that length of time is ridiculous. Good luck in the next round
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Max Payne

There are some boys on the Cross team that think they are county standard when clearly they are not. Yesterday's result should help that dawning.
I would agree there in part. David McKenna looked slow and ponderous when he came on. It would appear though that the Armagh SFC does Cross no favours.

Was Mc Kenna not away travelling for a large part of the year? Thought someone mentioned that previously. Not sure

JoG2

Quote from: Max Payne on November 04, 2014, 04:34:23 PM

Was Mc Kenna not away travelling for a large part of the year? Thought someone mentioned that previously. Not sure

he must have treated himself to that blindingly bright red under armour top when on holidays...could someone in the changies not have had a quiet word?

drici

Donegal Intermediate Football Championship Final
Cloch Cheann Fhaola 0-03  Bun Cranncha 0-02

7 minutes gone

drici

Cloch Cheann Fhaola 0-03   Bun Cranncha 0-03

drici

Cloch Cheann Fhaola 0-03   Bun Cranncha 0-03

About 1500 watching

drici