Latest Scores

Started by Lecale2, February 25, 2007, 02:44:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Walter Cronc on March 06, 2013, 08:58:52 PM
Is this Leinster champ straight knock out or is there a back door??

No back door and no second chances in the U21 football championship.

Redhand Santa

Given how hot of favourites (11/10 I think) the Dubs were for the All Ireland that's some result. Dublin were extremely negative in last years All Ireland minor final and it was a very low scoring game tonight - maybe their tactics cost them.

Tyrone were second favourites for the U21s but don't seem very impressive in the Shamrock. Worrying considering they had a strong team out tonight.

The Insider

Well done to Eugene and all the lads for tonight's result. An example of what hard work does, only 3 clubs can with certainty field in a 15 a side championship here, about 11 will field 13 a side . Picking that panel from less than 200 players in total from 17 up. Dublin knew what was coming having just about got out of Pearse Park in the minor in 2012 , We felt so confident that year we even conceded home venue in a Leinster league final to play them in Parnell Park . Great to see Paddy Thompson finally play championship football, missed both 2010 and 2011 minor championships with cruciate injuries, would have taken Galway in the All Ireland q/final had himself and Mark Hughes been available  for that game and who knows what might have happened. Our small numbers are huge factor in creating a great team spirit that helps achieve results like this and should be an example to all small counties who find it easier to lie down and allow themselves to be hammered

ross4life

I got odds of 11/1 on Longford to win. cheers paddy power and thanks to our neighbours the larries.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Syferus

Special result by Longford. That still is an incredible Dublin u21 team and Longford held their nerve when everyone expected them to be little more than a speed bump. A lot those Longford players won a Leinster minor title in 2010 and they have to fancy their chances at adding an u21 Leinster to their Hasting Cup.

It's blown the entire AI race wide open and there will be a group of teams now looking at themselves and having no doubts that they can win a Celtic Cross this year. Some run of form for Hasting Cup teams recently.

Walter Cronc

Apologies for my ignorance lads but what is the Hastings cup??

The Insider

Hasting's cup is run by the Longford Co board with 6 counties this year from 3 provinces, Cavan Roscommon , Leitrim , Offaly , Wicklow and ourselves . Run every January , both Cavan and Roscommon have benifited from it it over the last few year's as they found a huge help in their quest for provincial honours . We won it this year beating both the Rossies and Cavan on the way, although we stole the final at the death from Cavan who were probably thinking where they would be celebrating win

Dinny Breen

Quote from: ross4life on March 06, 2013, 09:10:36 PM
I got odds of 11/1 on Longford to win. cheers paddy power and thanks to our neighbours the larries.

Were they not 6/1 - I follow Lone shark on twitter and in fairness he highlighted this value yesterday but quoted powers at 6s
#newbridgeornowhere

Denn Forever

The Hastings Cup is an U21 competion for teams in the BMW region.

This years runners and riders.

2013 U21 HASTINGS CUP TOURNAMENT

Rd. 1 - 5th January 2013

Group 1                                               Group 2
Roscommon V Longford                        Leitrim V Cavan                 
Wicklow a Bye                                      Offaly a Bye

Rd. 2 - 12th January 2013

Longford V Wicklow                              Cavan V Offaly
Roscommon a Bye                                Leitrim a Bye

Rd. 3 - 19th January 2013

Wicklow V Roscommon                        Offaly V Leitrim
Longford a Bye                                      Cavan a Bye

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

rodney trotter

Wickla were a new addition to the Hastings Cup this year, Westmeath played in the Hastings Cup in its time

ross4life

Quote from: Dinny Breen on March 06, 2013, 09:30:59 PM

Were they not 6/1 - I follow Lone shark on twitter and in fairness he highlighted this value yesterday but quoted powers at 6s

They were but when Dublin scored their goal against the run of play i popped 10 euro on Longford to win at 11/1
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Walter Cronc

randomtask

Could you give the link to that twitter account please.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: ross4life on March 06, 2013, 09:36:29 PM

They were but when Dublin scored their goal against the run of play i popped 10 euro on Longford to win at 11/1

Nice - I hadn't the conviction to take the 6/1
#newbridgeornowhere

Dinny Breen

Quote from: randomtask on March 06, 2013, 09:47:01 PM

Could you give the link to that twitter account please.

@lonesharkoy
#newbridgeornowhere