Latest Scores

Started by Lecale2, February 25, 2007, 02:44:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kickham csc

UCC can play in Munster, but if any of their players  have a club team in the Munster championship, they have to declare for their club

DuffleKing

Fair play to ucc, they're a good team. The ref gave them feck all today and if they have faced that sort of opposition from officialdom consistently they have done extraordinarily well to come out of cork. Am I right in saying this would be last year's sigerson team and that some of them would be ineligible for colleges football this coming year?

fitzroyalty

???

I could never imagine UUJ or QUB playing in the Ulster Club.

Milltown Row2

I'm not for college teams playing in Senior club Championships. And if they can't play in the Munster club then what's the point? The team changes every 3 years FFS no real sense of loyalty, but they seem a very good team, full of running and could take a score
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Blowitupref

Quote from: 3000 miles away on October 16, 2011, 05:29:21 PM
Armagh final, cross 2.22 ballymacnab 0.3
We all know how good cross are however could the 2nd best team in Armagh not give a better fight?

So can UCC play in Munster championship? mixed replies here.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

gander

Quote from: Blowitupref on October 16, 2011, 07:28:40 PM
We all know how good cross are however could the 2nd best team in Armagh not give a better fight?

Not sure, I know combined or divisional sides cant go on to provincial, Dr Crokes are already Kerrys representative and they're only at the semi final stage.

glens73

I wouldn't say that Ballymacnab are the second best team in Armagh, Pearse Og would be a lot better not to mention some others

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: gander on October 16, 2011, 07:45:09 PM

Not sure, I know combined or divisional sides cant go on to provincial, Dr Crokes are already Kerrys representative and they're only at the semi final stage.

Not necessarily. If Crokes lose to Mid-Kerry then Kerry's representatives will be either Rathmore or Laune Rangers who play in the Club Championship Final next weekend.

UCC can play in Munster AFAIK. UCD played in the Leinster Hurling championship a few years ago and UCC got to the All-Ireland semi-final about ten years ago when they had Alan Quirke, Paul Galvin, Éamonn Fitzmaurice and Billy Sheehan playing for them.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Glensman

Anyone got a report on the London final today?

passedit

Quote from: Glensman on October 16, 2011, 08:23:18 PM
Anyone got a report on the London final today?

Fulham Irish won by 5.
Don't Panic

AZOffaly

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on October 16, 2011, 07:58:42 PM

Not necessarily. If Crokes lose to Mid-Kerry then Kerry's representatives will be either Rathmore or Laune Rangers who play in the Club Championship Final next weekend.

UCC can play in Munster AFAIK. UCD played in the Leinster Hurling championship a few years ago and UCC got to the All-Ireland semi-final about ten years ago when they had Alan Quirke, Paul Galvin, Éamonn Fitzmaurice and Billy Sheehan playing for them.

DH, are you sure about that? I thought that rule was changed about 5 years ago. I tried to look it up and found this article on Kerry's Hogan Stand Page.

QuoteIn the semi-finals, which are scheduled to take place next Saturday, Dr Crokes will meet West Kerry, while Mid Kerry will face East Kerry. If Dr Crokes are beaten, they will still be Kerry's representatives in the Munster club championship as the other three semi-finalists are all divisional sides.

Also, UCD played in Leinster Club a few years ago. Niall McNamee had to decide who to play with, as Rhode were Offaly Champions.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 17, 2011, 12:42:26 PM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on October 16, 2011, 07:58:42 PM

DH, are you sure about that? I thought that rule was changed about 5 years ago. I tried to look it up and found this article on Kerry's Hogan Stand Page.

Fairly certain. I think it used to be the last club side left in the County Championship but now the winners of the Club Championship represent Kerry if a divisional side win the County Championship. Academic if Crokes win but I'm sure either Rathmore/Laune Rangers will be hoping Mid-Kerry can beat them.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

AZOffaly

I thought it changed recently enough, as in the last few years. Maybe Ciarrai Thuaidh can sort us out :D

AZOffaly

Looks like you are right, this is on kerry.gaa.ie

Semi Final Two:
Dr Crokes v West Kerry at 4pm

The second semi final sees a repeat of last years semi final, which saw the Crokes emerge victorious despite losing Kieran O'Leary early on, with a serious leg injury.
In fact, it was their second meeting of the Championship and West Kerry will not want to be reminded of that opening round clash.
Again very much like East Kerry, West Kerry are surprise packets to have reached the last four, but now that there are in the semi final, they might well remove the last Club side left in the Championship. As well as all from West Kerry , it is safe to assume that Laune Rangers and Rathmore will not be shedding any tears, if they manage to beat the Crokes, as it will mean the winner of their Club Final will be heading into the Munster Club. So this is a big game for more than one reason and the stakes are high.

Mind you that Hogan Stand article also appears on Dr. Crokes own website :D

GAA_Punter

Dublin Senior Hurling championship semi-final
O'Tooles 0-04 0-05 St Brigids,Parnell Park, 6:45pm
21minutes played

http://www.sportsnewsireland.com/gaa/58078/