Barcelona - things to see and do?

Started by GalwayBayBoy, February 12, 2007, 10:57:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

passedit

I'm in Barcelona this weekend for a stag do and I see Barcelona are playing R Murcia on Saturday. Anybody any idea how hard or easy it would be to get tickets for this or how you'd go about it at this stage?
Don't Panic

Billys Boots

I made inquiries before P, and I'm led to believe you can buy tickets in kiosks on the streets surrounding the stadium in the days leading up to a match.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

passedit

Thanks for that Billy, one of the lads is out early on friday and that'll be his task for the day i'd say.
Don't Panic

ardal

Passedit, not sure about the kiosks, but you can definitely get tickets at the tourist information office in plaza catalunya (across the road from cort de Ingles). Go there first before you try anywhere else. they are also on sale at the stadium in the mornings I think. You shouldn't have any bother getting them one way or the other. You may pay a wee bit more, but try for seats in the "tribunal"; perhaps €80 or €90

passedit

Don't Panic

The Real Laoislad

Going to Barcelona myself on the 19th of this month..Having been there before i would recommend doing the bus tours it's really the best way to see the city..
Do a tour of the Nou Camp as well it's well worth it..
Ask at the Hotel reception about tickets they should be able arrange them for you i know people who have got them that way before.
Im going to see Barcelona v Racing Santander but we already have our tickets got thru the club,who are sending them to the hotel for collection on the morning of the match
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Hardy

I endorse the bus tour - there are two separate ones and both are excellent, taking in just about all the attractions (except restaurants, bars, tapas, etc. which you're well capable of sorting out for yourself!). The tours are hop-on, hop-off, so you can pick your stops and spend as long as you like at each one.

The Real Laoislad

Also watch out for the pickpockets around La Ramblas
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Hardy

Good advice, I'm sure. Ironically to report on this GAA forum, the only place I was ever pickpocketed was in Croke Park! (No dubs jokes now, or the lads will get upset - for the record, it was the langers we were playing).

imtommygunn

I was in Barcelona a few years ago with a few mates and we were out til late on night on La Ramblas. At this stage the street was filled with hookers and one of them approached my mate, very shy sensible guy, grabbed his hand and said "pay for sex". He looked appalled at this and said no at which she chased him down the street shouting "pay for sex pay for sex". Was very funny. There's are some good night clubs down 3/4 down la ramblas on the left hand side in a wee square. There's also a good irish bar in there. I can't remember names though.

The Nou Camp is great for a tour. I made it to a game in the olympic stadium as well. It's very impressive. It was two south american teams and there were mass riots in the crowd which was interesting/worrying. It's also worth seeing - more the walk up to it than the stadium - fountains etc. Send someone with a hangover up  that spiral staircase in the cathedral designed by Gaudy(can't mind the name) and see what that does to them too!

passedit

Was there during the summer with the missus and did the tourist bit then, very impressive it was too. This time it's just a crowd of oul fellas trying to be youngfellas (the stag is the longest run fox among us) so i'm looking forward to the game as a welcome break from non stop boozing.

As an aside i'm flying into Girona and out of reus, any ideas on the quickest way in from Girona? Is the train station anywhere near the airport?
Don't Panic

Rossie11

Passedit. You flying with Ryanair?
Buses after every arrival into city centre. Think its 16euro return. Very handy
You will have no problem with match tickets either.
Shouldnt be a full house for Murcia
Check out the link. Nose bleed seats for only 18euro!!

http://www.fcbarcelona.com/web/english/futbol/temporada_07-08/arxiu_partits/lliga/jornada19/Barcelona_Real_Murcia/entrades.html

girt_giggler

we found 3/4 wee irish bars in a wee side street just off La Ramblas. There was a Mcdonalds & KFC at the bottom of the street (La Ramblas sie). they were pretty decent.  We also noticed that when you are emptying out of bars at end of the night drunk, there were guys selling beer, & obviously at the end of the night when you cant get served anymore its obviously tempting to purchase......dont! your wallet/loose cash will disappear very quickly.

Barcelona is a superb city though

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Barcelona - things to see and do?

March the 4th Barca v Celtic!!  ;D
Tbc....

thejuice

Aye Barca is great, theres a good hotel that we stayed in, just of the Ramblas, If i can get the name of it ill post it later. The olympic area is great. We were over there to look at the regeneration of the city, where its worked and hasnt worked. They used the olympic money to pay for it all. Happened to bump into Ken Livingstone while we were there, doing the same thing as ourselves.

Check out Guadi's cathedral, its a feat of engineering genius. Park Guell is another masterpiece. Lots of great bars as well, must point you in the direction when i get the info. Theres one we went into which was tiny, but was real lively, very mediterrainean, staggered out of there at got knows when, but managed to get back to the hotel in one piece.

Dont let your valuables out of your sight or out of your pocket. beware of kids asking for money, they came into a resturaut we were in, two small kids, begging, and without anyone noticing lifted a wallet from one of our party.

The Ramblas is alright but but you have to be wary at night, lads just walk right up to ya, and offer you coke, heroin, E and whatever. As for the women......
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016