Author Topic: Tyrone Club Football and Hurling  (Read 5105138 times)

Club boi

• View Profile
Re: Tyrone Club Football and Hurling
« Reply #35715 on: September 11, 2017, 08:30:38 PM »
Neutral view - Clonoe never looked like winning that game until the goal so for 55 minutes it looked like Dromore was going to progress. Doris never done much for 55 minutes but left Carrickmore the Hero. He was actually at fault for Dromore winning several kickouts and wanted to blame others rather than get stuck in like he used to. I mind watching him 3 or 4 years ago bully many men around the field (few years back took P.Harte to the cleaners in Edendork) but he doesnt do it anymore - and yes his "tackle" on Mc Carron was horrible, red card material, but its what most big teams do to an opposition main man and espicially when trying to stop an attack with 2 minutes left. As posted previous Mc Carron should have been off anyway after a blatent black card. Man through on goals and he dragged him down, dont even think he got a yellow. Hursons only mistake as he handled the game well. Before the goal alot of Clonoe folk around us was blaming Cassidy for the "defeat", think he needed that result

Shane O'H always was a serious footballer. I dont know if its age/injuries but he doesnt seem to get much game time under Cassidy

S Mc Nulty done his knee early in the year I think

Goals_Will_Come

• View Profile
« Reply #35716 on: September 11, 2017, 09:35:58 PM »
Ricey is taking up the Assistant manager role with Rory Gallagher at Fermanagh next year.

Christmas Lights

• Credo Elvem Etiam Vivere
    • View Profile
« Reply #35717 on: September 12, 2017, 05:52:43 PM »
Ricey is taking up the Assistant manager role with Rory Gallagher at Fermanagh next year.

Ricey, sean red, mccarron, and mccoy not playing for dromore next year.   Big losses in and off the pitch.  Be a very different looking Dromore next season.  All good things come to an end.  Sunrise, sunset.

Legoman5

• View Profile
« Reply #35718 on: September 13, 2017, 11:02:23 AM »

Ricey, sean red, mccarron, and mccoy not playing for dromore next year.   Big losses in and off the pitch.  Be a very different looking Dromore next season.  All good things come to an end.  Sunrise, sunset.

Hmm where do you get your info?
McCarron and Ricey gone for sure aswel aswel as Fabian..
Sean Red maybe as he lives in Derry and opened an office up there and maybe Sean McDonnell depending on how his broken arm recovers.
Maybe McCusker as even this year he only returned in March/April time,
Why McCoy? no chance unless he's going travelling as he's only 29/30,

Time for the younger men to step up!

longballin

• View Profile
« Reply #35719 on: September 13, 2017, 11:45:24 AM »
Did well to win three championship but started every year as favourites could and should have been more since 2007 ...

tothetop03

• View Profile
« Reply #35720 on: September 13, 2017, 11:49:50 AM »
Has Edendork a wee chance v Carrickmore? Urney has no hope...Donaghmore on current form....and the Big one of Omagh and Ardboe should be good Crack.....

Onthe40

• View Profile
« Reply #35721 on: September 13, 2017, 12:41:44 PM »
Will Loughmacrory take 3 games on sat?
hardly likely considering the rain this week..hopefully the co board has the foresight to switch games in time to ensure players dont have to play in conditions such as last sun nite..

I see another game doesnt go ahead in Omagh tnite..switched to Garvaghey.

Tyrone95

• View Profile
« Reply #35722 on: September 13, 2017, 12:57:51 PM »
Has Edendork a wee chance v Carrickmore? Urney has no hope...Donaghmore on current form....and the Big one of Omagh and Ardboe should be good Crack.....
Edendork may fancy their chances with the form we are in going into championship and them having a few county players on their panel.  However I feel we should be overcoming them comfortably, anything after that is up for debate, With the teams that have already exited the championship and teams that are yet to exit it, who knows who will lift the O'neill cup this year...Heres hoping haha

omagh_gael

• '03, '05 + '08...not bad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35723 on: September 13, 2017, 01:03:32 PM »
hardly likely considering the rain this week..hopefully the co board has the foresight to switch games in time to ensure players dont have to play in conditions such as last sun nite..

The lough will be 100% for Saturday. I was on the pitch last night and there wasn't one area of lying water even though it was pissing all day. I'd say there aren't many better surfaces throughout the county. Furthermore, it's going to be dry Thurday, Friday and most of Saturday.

bogball88

• View Profile
« Reply #35724 on: September 13, 2017, 01:14:25 PM »

The lough will be 100% for Saturday. I was on the pitch last night and there wasn't one area of lying water even though it was pissing all day. I'd say there aren't many better surfaces throughout the county. Furthermore, it's going to be dry Thurday, Friday and most of Saturday.
Will the bar be open?

vallankumous

• View Profile
« Reply #35725 on: September 13, 2017, 01:54:44 PM »
a very enjoyable victory last evening, Dromore had one wide in the game, and in those conditions that is an impressive stat. We had 6/7 wides, so we had the lions share of chances. first half was very even, the first 15 of the second half belonged to Dromore as we struggled to get ball and they made great use of possession. Then there changes made by the line and you could see the game turning as we pressed, we took over the last ten, only one winner at that point. One poster earlier said Dromore will be kicking themselves for not finishing the job, does that mean he thought Dromore would have the ball the entire second half against a team like Clonoe, I don't think so.It not like Dromore missed chances, they didn't. So Clonoe were always going get a run of possession, it was up to them to create scores in that period. The benches of both teams impacted, Clonoe had a bench, Dromore  didn't. It boiled down when the game was in the melting pot who would you put your money on.

Ye had more than that. A free kick with 10 to go was awarded as a point when it went a foot wide.

omagh_gael

• '03, '05 + '08...not bad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35726 on: September 13, 2017, 02:24:33 PM »

Will the bar be open?

Haha I'd imagine it would, they wouldn't want to miss all those thirsty gobs!

Knock Yer Mucker In

• View Profile
« Reply #35727 on: September 13, 2017, 03:28:14 PM »
a very enjoyable victory last evening, Dromore had one wide in the game, and in those conditions that is an impressive stat. We had 6/7 wides, so we had the lions share of chances. first half was very even, the first 15 of the second half belonged to Dromore as we struggled to get ball and they made great use of possession. Then there changes made by the line and you could see the game turning as we pressed, we took over the last ten, only one winner at that point. One poster earlier said Dromore will be kicking themselves for not finishing the job, does that mean he thought Dromore would have the ball the entire second half against a team like Clonoe, I don't think so.It not like Dromore missed chances, they didn't. So Clonoe were always going get a run of possession, it was up to them to create scores in that period. The benches of both teams impacted, Clonoe had a bench, Dromore  didn't. It boiled down when the game was in the melting pot who would you put your money on.

Ye had more than that. A free kick with 10 to go was awarded as a point when it went a foot wide.

you couldn't depend on those stupid umpires who stand directly under the post to give the right decision. Of course I could cry about the point that won Dromore the championship final in 11 when the ball was lifted clean off the ground in the move that lead to the winning score, but what the point, sorry pardon the pun!

Knock Yer Mucker In

• View Profile
« Reply #35728 on: September 13, 2017, 03:29:40 PM »
Edendork may fancy their chances with the form we are in going into championship and them having a few county players on their panel.  However I feel we should be overcoming them comfortably, anything after that is up for debate, With the teams that have already exited the championship and teams that are yet to exit it, who knows who will lift the O'neill cup this year...Heres hoping haha

Jez, Cargin gave you a serious tanking last week, was it 7 goals they put past you. Good grief what was that all about

vallankumous

• View Profile
« Reply #35729 on: September 14, 2017, 08:02:13 AM »

you couldn't depend on those stupid umpires who stand directly under the post to give the right decision. Of course I could cry about the point that won Dromore the championship final in 11 when the ball was lifted clean off the ground in the move that lead to the winning score, but what the point, sorry pardon the pun!

I've no issue with it just thought I'd mention it. It's fault of the umpires and no on else. It happens all the time.