Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HiMucker

Quote from: Over the Bar on December 19, 2018, 11:53:18 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 19, 2018, 11:20:26 PM
Over the Bar falling foul of Rule 1 of the board. Wee fella has anger issues.

Ok I've toned it down a bit but a poster who defends Munich chants by LFC fans will never be welcome on the United thread.
Catch a grip of yourself  ;D I can imagine LL now "The boys arent making me feel welcome on the thread :'(;D

magpie seanie

Quote from: Boycey on December 19, 2018, 04:31:07 PM
Seanies only right if we're not back in the same boat in 2/3 years otherwise we're all losers :D

Here's hoping hes right..

Ah come on!

Keyser soze

At least we won't hafta put up with the incessant 'sack the manager' crap from him for a while at least.

He is a lot quieter the last couple of days on who is the man to replace him though.

laoislad

Quote from: Over the Bar on December 19, 2018, 11:53:18 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 19, 2018, 11:20:26 PM
Over the Bar falling foul of Rule 1 of the board. Wee fella has anger issues.

Ok I've toned it down a bit but a poster who defends Munich chants by LFC fans will never be welcome on the United thread.
We both know that's not true. Though coming from the guy who used the unfortunate Sean Cox incident as a dig at all Liverpool fans I'm not surprised by anything you say.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Maroon Manc

United keep getting linked with a Brazilian centre half at Porto who's aged 20, would have thought the main priority is a ball playing experienced centre half. Alderweireld ticks a lot of boxes, he can be bought for £25m next summer; Thats nothing for a player of his calibre. 

Boycey

I reckon it's not a given they'll spend anything in the Jan window unless they have a clear strategy for what happens at the end of the season which I'm not convinced they have.

There is little or no point in buying a player that a new manager mightnt want? A director of football makes that less relevent but will they get one in place before that?

magpie seanie

Good point and maybe that's why a more developmental player like the one MM is hearing about is the target as opposed to a "play now" guy.

Maroon Manc

All paper talk anyway and will probably amount to nothing, I know they have very high hopes for Tuanzebe so would be surprised if they go after another defender of the same age unless he was something very special. We've got 10 defenders, we need a proper clearout in that department; Could easily make a strong case for getting rid of 6 of them.

Just hoping OGS makes Rashford his centre forward; Martial, Pogba & Mata will reap the benefits of him.

Therealdonald

Quote from: Maroon Manc on December 20, 2018, 03:08:34 PM
All paper talk anyway and will probably amount to nothing, I know they have very high hopes for Tuanzebe so would be surprised if they go after another defender of the same age unless he was something very special. We've got 10 defenders, we need a proper clearout in that department; Could easily make a strong case for getting rid of 6 of them.

Just hoping OGS makes Rashford his centre forward; Martial, Pogba & Mata will reap the benefits of him.

You can't be serious?? Persevere with Lukaku, get him into shape and get his confidence back.  Rashford is the new Danny Wellbeck.

trailer

I hope he sells Lukaku. If he won't leave, he should employ good old championship manager tactics. Stick him in the reserves and fine him until he does

snoopdog

Likaku is as far from a utd player as ive ever seen. Get rid.

BennyCake

Lukaku never was or will be good enough.

thewobbler

While we should never place our trust in stats alone, a quick look at career stats by age 21 and a bit would suggest that Rashford is a very unlikely upgrade at no.9

snoopdog

Rashford was flying early on. Scoring goals against the top teams. Jose didnt have faith in him but hopefully ole will give him a chance. He may not turn out to be prolific but he will create a hell of a lot for other players. Lukaku stands waiting on the ball and creates little to nothing.  Rashford is defo no wellbeck thats for sure.

Bord na Mona man

For all his faults, Lukaku is a player capable of 20+ league goals in a season if the tactics suit him. Rashford might eventually break into double figures with a run of games and getting played centrally, but is still quite a bit away from assuming the scoring burden. Martial would fare a bit better, but you simply can't bin players like Lukaku unless you're certain the other optiosn will deliver.