Hurling championship 2018

Started by seafoid, April 25, 2018, 07:46:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Richie Bennis  was on the last Limerick team to beat the cats in the championship in 1973. He lead Limerick to an All Ireland final against the hoors in 2007. Great day for Limerick hurling

https://youtu.be/_VdwA3MK4Dk
https://youtu.be/vggfWRrNHZQ
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

dec

Number of different Munster counties that have made the All Ireland semi-finals in the last 2 years : 5
Number of different Leinster counties that have made the All Ireland semi-finals in the last 2 years : 0

seafoid

Quote from: dec on July 16, 2018, 09:36:42 PM
Number of different Munster counties that have made the All Ireland semi-finals in the last 2 years : 5
Number of different Leinster counties that have made the All Ireland semi-finals in the last 2 years : 0
Number of different Leinster counties that have made the All Ireland semi-finals in the last 2 years : 1

dec

Quote from: seafoid on July 16, 2018, 09:58:19 PM
Quote from: dec on July 16, 2018, 09:36:42 PM
Number of different Leinster counties that have made the All Ireland semi-finals in the last 2 years : 1

I posted in the hurling board, did I really have to spell it out for you.

Mayo4Sam

I'd fancy Limerick to beat Cork, they looked a tired team against Clare in the last round robin but they really stood up in the last 15 against KK

Not that I think it will happen but a Clare v Waterford final would be fantastic
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

clonadmad

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on July 17, 2018, 09:52:19 AM
I'd fancy Limerick to beat Cork, they looked a tired team against Clare in the last round robin but they really stood up in the last 15 against KK

Not that I think it will happen but a Clare v Waterford final would be fantastic

You should put the house on it

Mayo4Sam

Limerick winning or a Limerick Clare final?
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

johnnycool

Quote from: hardstation on July 15, 2018, 03:16:39 PM
Kilkenny keeper has been superb but Limerick forwards shouldn't have given him a sniff with some of them.

Gillane's kick was heading right into the top corner. That's as majestic of a save as you're likely to see.

Big Hegarty did well to get a shot off, a good save but not a great save  ;D

Eoin Murphy is nailed on All star irrespective of what Nash does from now on in.

Limerick showed some cojones to come back from the Richie Hogan goal when in other years teams capitulated to the Kilkenny legendary status and whilst I think (Like Clare) Limerick go missing for long periods of time they've a very good set of forwards who were starved of ball due to fĂșcking about in the halfbacks and midfield on a wet, slippery day.
They'll not fear Cork and may just get another day out in the final. Cork won't miss those chances that Kilkenny put wide all the same.

Clare with Conlon reasonably well shackled (by fair means or foul) still got enough scores from elsewhere to win a game with Wexford being very disappointing. FFS die with your boots on rather than that ultra defensive nonsense when you're chasing a game. I just don't get it TBH.

Galway will have seen nothing to bother them and will be happy enough with Daithi Burke to go toe to toe with Conlon and stifle the ball coming in. Clare will need to up the stakes physically but they don't have the personnel to do it and I can see Galway win this one with 5 or 6 to spare.

seafoid

The big question is who is going to win a share of the next 4 or 5 all Irelands. KK still have work to do. Clare need to get organised. Limerick need more consistency. Are Waterford going to come back ? And Tipp?

NAG1

Quote from: seafoid on July 17, 2018, 12:39:19 PM
The big question is who is going to win a share of the next 4 or 5 all Irelands. KK still have work to do. Clare need to get organised. Limerick need more consistency. Are Waterford going to come back ? And Tipp?

Galway should be looking at the next 4/5 All Irelands and be licking their lips. The time is now with this team to make hay. Easily a cut above anything else that is out there at the minute, providing they play up to their form.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: clonadmad on July 17, 2018, 10:10:09 AM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on July 17, 2018, 09:52:19 AM
I’d fancy Limerick to beat Cork, they looked a tired team against Clare in the last round robin but they really stood up in the last 15 against KK

You should put the house on it

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on July 17, 2018, 10:19:19 AM
Limerick winning or a Limerick Clare final?
I think he's referring to you putting the house on a Clare v Waterford final.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: NAG1 on July 17, 2018, 12:45:45 PM

Galway should be looking at the next 4/5 All Irelands and be licking their lips. The time is now with this team to make hay. Easily a cut above anything else that is out there at the minute, providing they play up to their form.
No doubt. There isn't another county at present who you would say look like obvious consistent contenders. It's probably as likely that Kilkenny will return to the fore before any of the other counties organise themselves.

Farrandeelin

Cork might do it this year yet.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

mouview

Hope that it happens but this Galway team won't stay going forever, they've yet to prove they can do a 'KK' on it and win multiple times, and orchestra-conductor JC is not getting younger and has major miles on board now.

Future could definitely be Limericks with a proven underage supply line. By the same token maybe not KKs. Tipp' have great hurlers but mostly in attack and mightn't be the easiest bunch to manage. Cork maybe, but not yet there defensively or in midfield, and Meyler has yet to prove himself as manager. They have the flair though. Waterford's next manager is crucial because they definitely have nearly enough players; a new playing style might rejuvenate them. Clare, I expect to fall away soonish as they haven't enough squad-depth to compete strongly every year and not a lot coming through to bolster it. I think Dublin will make the top 3 next season in Leinster, maybe at WX's expense.

GalwayBayBoy

It rarely works out like that though (unless you're Kilkenny). If Galway could mine another All-Ireland or two out of this current side I'd be absolutely delighted. They are not going to win 4 or even 3 of the next 5. Too many good sides out there and not easy to come back at the same level or better year after year.

Thankfully we have lots of young talent coming through but Canning will be gone after another couple of years IMO and he's not easily replaceable.