Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jp2020

Quote from: longballin on September 10, 2017, 10:25:35 PM
Quote from: southtyronegael on September 10, 2017, 10:07:41 PM
heard today that only 4 clubs voted against harte. landslide victory for him. amazing really when u see the oppostion on internet forums. certain stipulations on his new contract though, tyrone have to send a delegate to speak to rte and his backroom team has to be reduced. i wonder who will get the chop?

That was expected before but players collectively decided not to speak...  if you're to believe that  ::)
Of course they did!! Then when the captain walks out of the changing rooms for last time he runs straight into the arms if RTE!!!

Sure just say Sean is the press Rep, he wont mind chatting to them!

BennyHarp

Quote from: longballin on September 10, 2017, 10:52:24 PM
Quote from: jp2020 on September 10, 2017, 10:48:21 PM
heard today that only 4 clubs voted against harte. landslide victory for him. amazing really when u see the oppostion on internet forums. certain stipulations on his new contract though, tyrone have to send a delegate to speak to rte and his backroom team has to be reduced. i wonder who will get the chop?

That was expected before but players collectively decided not to speak...  if you're to believe that  ::)
Of course they did!! Then when the captain walks out of the changing rooms for last time he runs straight into the arms if RTE!!!

his appearance now totally casts doubts on the point of this RTE ban...

I wonder is he still observing the alcohol ban and the ban on unhealthy food. I wonder is he still following the fitness programme he agreed to follow! Grow up ffs. As part of the team he observes the team etiquette, he's not part of that anymore and he clearly wants a career in the media so he'd be mad to turn down the opportunity. How long should he wait to satisfy the faceless (small) minority, who clearly have no influence in their clubs, who shout very loud on Internet forums?

That was never a square ball!!

Gaffer

STG, Do you know much about  the management sutuation of your own county?

Would you be happy with Rory Gallagher taking over from Pete McGrath?
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

tothetop03

If i was a betting man i would wager that Mark Harte will be in the Tyrone Management set up in the next 18 months for a smooth hand over when Mickey Retires...

Mikhailov

Quote from: tothetop03 on September 11, 2017, 10:32:25 AM
If i was a betting man i would wager that Mark Harte will be in the Tyrone Management set up in the next 18 months for a smooth hand over when Mickey Retires...

Too late - he already is involved. Bet null and void.

jp2020

Quote from: BennyHarp on September 10, 2017, 11:09:34 PM

I wonder is he still observing the alcohol ban and the ban on unhealthy food. I wonder is he still following the fitness programme he agreed to follow! Grow up ffs. As part of the team he observes the team etiquette, he's not part of that anymore and he clearly wants a career in the media so he'd be mad to turn down the opportunity. How long should he wait to satisfy the faceless (small) minority, who clearly have no influence in their clubs, who shout very loud on Internet forums?

Jesus wept! Drink bans etc are not optional to play inter-county football. Not chatting to a national broadcaster due to issues the manager has is due to the manager ruling with an iron-fist! How is not doing interviews part of a teams etiquette?!? Sean retired then walked out of the changing room and picked up the PR baton, if he had any real allegiances to the Fuhrer he wouldnt have spoken to Rte and defo not last night! It makes a mockery of this one-foe-all crap!

Yes MH is an allireland wining manager which we should be forever indebted to, but his time was up 3-4yrs ago! He is a hypocrite who takes "principled" stances on issues that some have nothing to do with football but he always brings it back to Tyrone football. Any issues he has personally (and that includes RTE) should not interfere with Tyrone football! There is no reason why a young lad who wins a MOTM award cant go out and receive his award, petty to say the least! I would say a few of these younger lads who cant/wont step out of line will regret it in a few years time not receiving their awards. If there are Allstars handed out to Tyrone and Sean gets 1 and a few others, so Sean can talk to Rte but the rest cant!?? Farcical!

3 more years of Groundhog Day! But at least we can enjoy another McKenna Cup! That's what memories are made of!

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: southtyronegael on September 06, 2017, 09:58:11 PM
happy retirement to justy mc mahon. another great tyrone servant leaves the stage. he didnt waste much time gettin to f**k outta there after he heard the bad news last night.

lol, that made me laugh

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: jp2020 on September 11, 2017, 11:39:13 AM

Jesus wept! Drink bans etc are not optional to play inter-county football. Not chatting to a national broadcaster due to issues the manager has is due to the manager ruling with an iron-fist! How is not doing interviews part of a teams etiquette?!? Sean retired then walked out of the changing room and picked up the PR baton, if he had any real allegiances to the Fuhrer he wouldnt have spoken to Rte and defo not last night! It makes a mockery of this one-foe-all crap!

Yes MH is an allireland wining manager which we should be forever indebted to, but his time was up 3-4yrs ago! He is a hypocrite who takes "principled" stances on issues that some have nothing to do with football but he always brings it back to Tyrone football. Any issues he has personally (and that includes RTE) should not interfere with Tyrone football! There is no reason why a young lad who wins a MOTM award cant go out and receive his award, petty to say the least! I would say a few of these younger lads who cant/wont step out of line will regret it in a few years time not receiving their awards. If there are Allstars handed out to Tyrone and Sean gets 1 and a few others, so Sean can talk to Rte but the rest cant!?? Farcical!

3 more years of Groundhog Day! But at least we can enjoy another McKenna Cup! That's what memories are made of!

Well said JP.  Couldnt agree more with you.

southtyronegael

great post jp and i also couldnt agree more. seen gavin devlin at the game in carrickmore last night but no mickey. usually dont see one without the other. any chance devlin gettin the chop as mickey 'freshens up' the backroom team?

PMG1

Micky was there yesterday with Mark and Michael!

Gaffer

Quote from: southtyronegael on September 11, 2017, 10:50:18 PM
great post jp and i also couldnt agree more. seen gavin devlin at the game in carrickmore last night but no mickey. usually dont see one without the other. any chance devlin gettin the chop as mickey 'freshens up' the backroom team?

What do you care?   
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Under Lights

If its anything like the time that McCann got the chop Gavin may keep an eye out in the papers as MH certainly won't tell him to his face.

tothetop03

Quote from: Under Lights on September 12, 2017, 08:07:50 AM
If its anything like the time that McCann got the chop Gavin may keep an eye out in the papers as MH certainly won't tell him to his face.

I this true that Mickey never told fergal mccann to his face....find that hard to believe...

southtyronegael

Yes its true. Tony Donnelly was sent to mc canns house on a Tuesday evening to tell him. Mickey rang him 4 days later.

WT4E

https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2017/0910/903692-cavanagh-dublin-win/

Interesting interview Big Sean did with RTE

If I am to believe the rumours I heard that Sean didn't like Mickey much come the end - looks like he is a relieved man that can have his say on things. Lavishing praise on Jim Gavin and below paragraph is interesting:

"What really impressed me was the way Jim Gavin was able to read us. We were beaten in almost every facet of the game. We didn't change our approach quick enough, they were so impressive in the way they closed us down. All told, it was Gavin at his meticulous best."

Compare this with Mickeys interview after the match - "no need to change"  ???