Joe Brolly

Started by randomtask, July 31, 2011, 05:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

currychip

How many of them came to see how he was after the bomb attack?

TabClear

Quote from: BennyHarp on November 04, 2017, 05:34:40 PM
I'd say this whole affair is pretty standard Joe Brolly. Pick a target, publicly criticise, humiliate, run down or embarrass said target. Forcefully suggest he is doing it for the good of the game, grass roots, community, or some other cause. Leave a load of shit in his wake for others to deal with. Move on to a new target. Repeat. All to the benefit of only one agenda - Joe's own need for notoriety, fame, attention or whatever psychological need that he needs fulfilled.

Agree with all of the above.  Brolly is a self serving, vindictive bollix. He's an intelligent man who is only interested in creating controversy and furthering his own agenda and no doubt his bank balance.

T Fearon

Brolly and Mc Nulty are wrong.The GAA has no case to answer here.Many a Gael has fallen out with their clubs (by that I mean a majority of its members) over a whole range of issues.As long as the association or club didn't discriminate or ostracise him officially then they have no case to answer.

Brolly and Mc Nulty's rantings are dangerous, many unionists and All loyalists have regarded the GAA as the IRA at play for decades.They do not need further excuses to attack GAA members

BennyCake

I agree, T. Especially the second bit.

Jim Bob

Gross exaggeration there. If  loyalists want to attack GAA members they don't need a speech from Brolly or McNulty to encourage them.

ONeill

The most astonishing thing for me is the amount of high profile journalists coming out and stating that this is outstanding journalism.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Jim Bob

Quote from: hardstation on November 04, 2017, 10:46:47 PM
Quote from: Jim Bob on November 04, 2017, 10:41:36 PM
Gross exaggeration there. If  loyalists want to attack GAA members they don't need a speech from Brolly or McNulty to encourage them.
Nonsense. The loose and unfounded claim that Mr Heffron would be nearly certain that people he played with passed on his details to others gives loyalists all the reason they need to connect Creggan GAC with dissident republicanism. That is a dangerous thing to say.

Loyalists have long regarded GAA members as legimste targets and have carried out attacks and even murder eg Sean Brown from Bellaghey. They don't need quotes from any newspaper article in 2017 to justify another one. They would do it anyway

Tony Baloney

Quote from: hardstation on November 05, 2017, 12:14:52 AM
Quote from: Jim Bob on November 04, 2017, 11:59:35 PM
Nonsense. The loose and unfounded claim that Mr Heffron would be nearly certain that people he played with passed on his details to others gives loyalists all the reason they need to connect Creggan GAC with dissident republicanism. That is a dangerous thing to say.

Loyalists have long regarded GAA members as legimste targets and have carried out attacks and even murder eg Sean Brown from Bellaghey. They don't need quotes from any newspaper article in 2017 to justify another one. They would do it anyway
You are deluded. Every now and again, there are tit for tat attacks on GAA clubs & Orange Halls. By your logic, one has no effect on the other. While loyalism has a hatred for GAA, which has been shown in many forms over the  years, during more peaceful times  we have largely fallen off their radar. Splashing this horseshit across the front pages of our media paints the picture of GAA - IRA at play. A tag that our association had lost, by and large. You tell me, Creggan Kickhams GAC is as safe tonight as it was this time last week?
Good spake. Definitely hasn't helped.

longballin

Quote from: ONeill on November 04, 2017, 11:19:42 PM
The most astonishing thing for me is the amount of high profile journalists coming out and stating that this is outstanding journalism.

such as?....

tonto1888

Quote from: T Fearon on November 04, 2017, 10:14:54 PM
Brolly and Mc Nulty are wrong.The GAA has no case to answer here.Many a Gael has fallen out with their clubs (by that I mean a majority of its members) over a whole range of issues.As long as the association or club didn't discriminate or ostracise him officially then they have no case to answer.

Brolly and Mc Nulty's rantings are dangerous, many unionists and All loyalists have regarded the GAA as the IRA at play for decades.They do not need further excuses to attack GAA members

What has that prat McNulty said?

imtommygunn

Also clubs looking funding, particularly creggan, may struggle with all this.

Kickham csc has provided valuable insight here. Shows you there are two sides to every story and brolly continually lowers himself to get attention.

Jim Bob

You are deluded. Every now and again, there are tit for tat attacks on GAA clubs & Orange Halls. By your logic, one has no effect on the other. While loyalism has a hatred for GAA, which has been shown in many forms over the  years, during more peaceful times  we have largely fallen off their radar. Splashing this horseshit across the front pages of our media paints the picture of GAA - IRA at play. A tag that our association had lost, by and large. You tell me, Creggan Kickhams GAC is as safe tonight as it was this time last week?

Loyalists will attack's any GAA club at any time be it Creggan or anywhere else. No GAA club is safe at any time though we just have to get on with things. Nothing deluded about that.

Rawhide

Quote from: Jim Bob on November 05, 2017, 10:04:40 AM

Loyalists will attack's any GAA club at any time be it Creggan or anywhere else. No GAA club is safe at any time though we just have to get on with things. Nothing deluded about that.

Naive at worst, foolish at best. This non balanced reporting will only help fuel those types thinking, it certainly will have helped reinforce their philosophies.
cccc is a true supporter lol

yellowcard

Brolly sets the news/sports agenda for the week and now a few other opportunists have rowed in with their tuppence worth to try and make political capital out of it. This was an incident that happened over 7 years ago and the climate has changed since then. This doesn't appear to be a black and white issue as Brolly and others are trying to portray it. A GAA club can't be held reposnsible for individual actions of their members, any club will have a diverse range of opinions so I think its a bit unfair on the Creggan club to take this on the chin. Would many otehr clubs have had a dissimilar reaction. I can understand the anger of Heffron though and it's a sad situation when he felt the betrayal of his own people. It was a powerful interview and definitely made you think of how you might have reacted in the same situation or would you have just sat it out. I'd say there plenty of guilty consciences after reading that interview so if there is any positive to take out of the interview maybe it is just that.     

T Fearon

Oisin Mc Conville also jumping on the bandwagon in Sunday Life today