Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tothetop03

Quote from: redhandefender on September 14, 2017, 05:00:11 PM
well I was chatting to an omagh man who said the pitch was just the right shape for them to win this match.

We will see on Saturday who is right then...

Under Lights

Still no word of the junior championship I see, the clubs involved must be getting annoyed.

blackball

Quote from: Mikhailov on September 14, 2017, 05:52:38 PM
Quote from: WT4E on September 14, 2017, 05:04:34 PM
Quote from: redhandofgod on September 14, 2017, 03:41:26 PM
id say moy v cookstown and pomeroy v clonoe will be on together probably in edendork.

I have to say I find Edendork a terrible venue for a match - too open to the elements and there is little atmosphere created during games due to the vastness of the terrace.

Surely Senior championship games should be played at venues with a bit a shelter for the patrons - I can think of 10 better venues:

Pomeroy
Omagh
Carmen
Dungannon
Dumoyle
Killyclogher
Galbally
Augher
Loughmacrory
Coalisland

To that list you could add the following who have covered terracing;

Moy
Donaghmore
Greencastle
Kildress
Ardboe
Kileeshil
Trillick
Beragh
Fintona

Admittedly a few of them are not located centrally to accommodate games but I would travel the extra distance if it meant I was going to be sheltered...

At least the surface is good in Edendork which in my opinion is more important than having a covered stand, you mentioned the Moy here it is one of the worst surfaces in the county a lot of others you mentioned would hardly be suitable for championship football. Edendork has been a championship venue for a long time and will continue to be.

LeoMc

Quote from: tothetop03 on September 14, 2017, 09:25:20 PM
Quote from: redhandefender on September 14, 2017, 05:00:11 PM
well I was chatting to an omagh man who said the pitch was just the right shape for them to win this match.

We will see on Saturday who is right then...
Plenty more rain to come. It could ne a different shape by the time they play 3 matches on it on Saturday.

WT4E

Quote from: blackball on September 15, 2017, 08:36:43 AM
id say moy v cookstown and pomeroy v clonoe will be on together probably in edendork.

I have to say I find Edendork a terrible venue for a match - too open to the elements and there is little atmosphere created during games due to the vastness of the terrace.

Surely Senior championship games should be played at venues with a bit a shelter for the patrons - I can think of 10 better venues:

Pomeroy
Omagh
Carmen
Dungannon
Dumoyle
Killyclogher
Galbally
Augher
Loughmacrory
Coalisland

Moy
Donaghmore
Greencastle
Kildress
Ardboe
Kileeshil
Trillick
Beragh
Fintona

Admittedly a few of them are not located centrally to accommodate games but I would travel the extra distance if it meant I was going to be sheltered...

At least the surface is good in Edendork which in my opinion is more important than having a covered stand, you mentioned the Moy here it is one of the worst surfaces in the county a lot of others you mentioned would hardly be suitable for championship football. Edendork has been a championship venue for a long time and will continue to be.

Could Edendork not pull itself into the 21st century and get themselves a bit of shelter?

tothetop03

Quote from: WT4E on September 15, 2017, 10:27:43 AM

Pomeroy
Omagh
Carmen
Dungannon
Dumoyle
Killyclogher
Galbally
Augher
Loughmacrory
Coalisland

Moy
Donaghmore
Greencastle
Kildress
Ardboe
Kileeshil
Trillick
Beragh
Fintona

Could Edendork not pull itself into the 21st century and get themselves a bit of shelter?

Is the bingo still going??? if not they could raffle a house!!

Ty4Sam

Much you talking roughly to build a half decent small stand to accommodate 400-500 people? Just a ball park figure?

Legoman5

Pomeroy
Omagh
Carmen
Dungannon
Dumoyle
Killyclogher
Galbally
Augher
Loughmacrory
Coalisland

Moy
Donaghmore
Greencastle
Kildress
Ardboe
Kileeshil
Trillick
Beragh
Fintona

Pomeroy shouldnt be used for Championship games, changing facility's are not up to scratch, you can barely fit 15 players in them!!
I dont see why they even use Pomeroy when there are better options!

an léirmheastóir

Quote from: Legoman5 on September 15, 2017, 11:10:03 AM

Pomeroy
Omagh
Carmen
Dungannon
Dumoyle
Killyclogher
Galbally
Augher
Loughmacrory
Coalisland

Moy
Donaghmore
Greencastle
Kildress
Ardboe
Kileeshil
Trillick
Beragh
Fintona

Pomeroy shouldnt be used for Championship games, changing facility's are not up to scratch, you can barely fit 15 players in them!!

Two words Mickey Harvey

Tyrone Gaa

Pomeroy
Omagh
Carmen
Dungannon
Dumoyle
Killyclogher
Galbally
Augher
Loughmacrory
Coalisland

Moy
Donaghmore
Greencastle
Kildress
Ardboe
Kileeshil
Trillick
Beragh
Fintona

When was the last time you played in the Moy?  I think their pitch and facilities looked in good shape on my last visit.  I don't know its current condition because it would tend to flood.  What would make them inadequate and some of the other named above is the lack of turnstiles (even though garvaghy is the same).  CB would fear some people would get access without paying cash.
Living the dream!!!

Degrassi Hi

Quote from: Under Lights on September 15, 2017, 08:35:31 AM
Still no word of the junior championship I see, the clubs involved must be getting annoyed.

On the subject of championship fixtures - will next Sunday 24th be out as the Tyrone ladies are in the Intermediate final in Dublin leaving only Friday and Saturday as options for 12 quarter finals to be played?

driveherin

Thursday, Friday, Saturday....yu heard it here first.... ;)

Under Lights

Quote from: driveherin on September 15, 2017, 12:36:21 PM
Thursday, Friday, Saturday....yu heard it here first.... ;)

Teams might find out Thursday morning.

Tyroneforsam

Quote from: Legoman5 on September 15, 2017, 11:10:03 AM

Pomeroy
Omagh
Carmen
Dungannon
Dumoyle
Killyclogher
Galbally
Augher
Loughmacrory
Coalisland

Moy
Donaghmore
Greencastle
Kildress
Ardboe
Kileeshil
Trillick
Beragh
Fintona

Probably because it can hold in the region of 12000 people and has a covered stand that can accommodate 4000. Work will commence within the next few weeks on new state of the art changing facilities costing 1.2 million. Maybe then you'll be satisfied.

giveherlong

Big result for Greencastle beating Donaghmore tonight