Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blackball

the league started at the beginning of April and they havent managed to play 15 games in nearly 8 months. crazy when you think about it

tothetop03

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on October 18, 2016, 11:43:24 AM
Jesus that's a farce all together.  Micky Kerr and Petsey Kennedy have made a complete balls of the whole show thing yet again. Will be the end of November before the whole thing is wrapped up. The good thing is that clubs have the power to un elect these clowns at county convention.  But club delegates and even clubs stick together and these men will be in post yet again. WHY??? It completely baffles me?  Is there nobody running against these men for election to these posts?  Obviously it can be a thankless task with forums like this going but some people need taken to task.

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results".

And mark my works Tyrone GAA will have R.Jordan as County Chair.  Mickey Kerr at the head of  CCC and Petesy knocking about there calling the shots with Micky Harvey

Pestey Kennedy is not elected in any committee to sort fixtures out is he... he denies that he is anyway!!

Tyrone Gaa

Is Petesy not some kind of fixtures co-ordinator / planner?  I'm near sure he is.  I don't know that he is elected onto any committee, probably self appointed because that's the way things work in Garvaghy.  CB look out for themselves to ensure they get the board they want to work with, wouldn't want any loose cannons running about questioning how things could be done differently.
Living the dream!!!

Club boi

Quote from: blackball on October 18, 2016, 02:25:24 PM
the league started at the beginning of April and they havent managed to play 15 games in nearly 8 months. crazy when you think about it

That Stat is Unbelievable

Aaron Boone

Quote from: Club boi on October 18, 2016, 06:05:29 PM

At least we aren't in Kerry where divisional championships would be starting now.

scout

In the consideration of playoffs,If 2 teams finish level,and their head to head was a draw. Does score difference come into it as a factor of separation or a playoff to reach the playoffs?lol

tiempo

Criminal.

Man Marker

Club players' union is a must after Tyrone county final replay mess

By Declan Bogue
Published

Washout: Healy Park in Omagh was unplayable on Sunday

Imagine you are, to use as an example, Dermot Carlin this Friday. The former Tyrone player is a Killyclogher clubman. He is not long into a new job, which is based in Belfast and, as a result, faces a long daily commute. Killyclogher are in the Tyrone county final replay this Friday night. It throws in at 7.30pm. The Killyclogher players will need to have eaten something around 5pm ahead of a final meeting, and then their warm-up.

Or say you are another former Tyrone player, Johnny Curran of Coalisland.
A barber by trade, his busiest and most lucrative time of the week is Friday evenings. He will have to set down his scissors from lunchtime at the latest.
Both men are pursuing their hobby of Gaelic football. An amateur sport. There will be a crowd of anything up to 10,000 there to watch them play and they will not get a penny of the gate receipts.
In fact, it is going to cost them to partake in the showpiece day of Tyrone club football.

They are being fed the constant baffling untruth from the very highest ranks of GAA officialdom, that the club is the bedrock of the Association. Attempts by the GAA to condense the county season have failed. And their county board re-arrange a final for a Friday night.
Not only is it not good enough, but it is a grave insult to both panels that they will be forced to take a day off work to play on a Friday night.
Which is why the announcement that the formation of a club players' association, headed up by former Monaghan selector Declan Brennan, has not come a moment too soon.

Belfast Telegraph

wee scully

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on October 18, 2016, 02:37:17 PM
Is Petesy not some kind of fixtures co-ordinator / planner?  I'm near sure he is.  I don't know that he is elected onto any committee, probably self appointed because that's the way things work in Garvaghy.  CB look out for themselves to ensure they get the board they want to work with, wouldn't want any loose cannons running about questioning how things could be done differently.

Petsey is just another nodding dog

tiempo

Emotional abuse.

Localexpert

Few men from the kray kray gang in the island questioning who the identity of the expert is.

Great news however is that Niall Kerrs PT - LS wa waa waaa results is running a winter GAA training camp which after the improvement he has made this year is making me want sign up. 

Niall put in a big effort this year but will unfortunately transfer to the orange lough shore club next year due to marriage and moving down there and has since become great mates with big John and brian.  Told me last week that he wants to take a step down in level over the next few years so feels the Orange and blue would be perfect for him at this stage of his career. 

Hopefully he will lift old big ears aloft in Healy park first though.....

jb81

Any news from any locals on here re: the state of Omagh pitch for tomorrow night, does it look likely to go ahead.
Has the weather been dry?

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: jb81 on October 20, 2016, 08:30:16 AM
Any news from any locals on here re: the state of Omagh pitch for tomorrow night, does it look likely to go ahead.

According to Barra Best the next 2 days are meant to be good so I would fully expect the pitch to be playable.  I don't know its current state but we haven't had any biblical rain this week or over and above the norm.
Living the dream!!!

tiempo

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on October 20, 2016, 09:38:36 AM
Quote from: jb81 on October 20, 2016, 08:30:16 AM

According to Barra Best the next 2 days are meant to be good so I would fully expect the pitch to be playable.  I don't know its current state but we haven't had any biblical rain this week or over and above the norm.

The decision on venue should be made today so the players can be informed.

If Omagh is in bad nick at the minute and there is a hint it will be unplayable then it should be moved.

The Bearded One

Is every game fixed for Healy Park from now on going to be fixed with a disclaimer: *Weather Permitting
It is what it is. Presumably.