Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leenie

Quote from: Red Hand Man on October 11, 2016, 01:16:32 PM
Quote from: Uncle Kev on October 11, 2016, 12:04:34 PM
Custard the auld bollix should be at home caring for his wife . Leave the "welcoming" to thon eegit Jordan who seems to have elocution lessons in the past year as she can now string five words together without getting into a raspberry (ruffle)!

Caring for his wife? On reflection, do you really think that's an appropriate thing to post?

Uncle kev , the majority of your posts I do enjoy but you do cross the line from time to time , and I feel uncomfortable with your personable comments and also how you speak of the chairwoman .. It's quite derogatory .. But when your not on personal attacks your post are good
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

TabClear

Quote from: Under Lights on October 11, 2016, 10:03:24 AM
Quote from: bogball88 on October 11, 2016, 09:39:14 AM
Quote from: Timber Time on October 11, 2016, 07:12:38 AM
What about castlederg do they not have a game in hand to replay which was called off?

This game in hand was the Clann na Gael game, which was abandoned in the final minutes of the match with Castlederg losing by a few points. County Board declared it null and void, Castlederg appealed it to the Ulster Council. Think they have also taken this appeal to Croke Park to get it replayed. Croke Park would be setting a dangerous precedent if this appeal was to be successful-surely would mean that any team losing by a couple of points in injury time could start a row in an attempt to get a game abandoned-knowing that it will be replayed??
Has there never been a game in Tyrone abandoned due to a row before? What happened previously? Obviously we are going to need a final decision this week.

Clogher and Brocagh play in the last league game to see who gets into the playoffs

A draw would bring Drumragh into a three way tie assuming they win their last game? How would that be sorted?

skeog

Cuthbert Donnelly is a gentleman dont think sly jibes about his Family are appropriate.

HalfBack7

Quote from: TabClear on October 11, 2016, 03:16:08 PM
Quote from: Under Lights on October 11, 2016, 10:03:24 AM
Quote from: bogball88 on October 11, 2016, 09:39:14 AM
Quote from: Timber Time on October 11, 2016, 07:12:38 AM
What about castlederg do they not have a game in hand to replay which was called off?

This game in hand was the Clann na Gael game, which was abandoned in the final minutes of the match with Castlederg losing by a few points. County Board declared it null and void, Castlederg appealed it to the Ulster Council. Think they have also taken this appeal to Croke Park to get it replayed. Croke Park would be setting a dangerous precedent if this appeal was to be successful-surely would mean that any team losing by a couple of points in injury time could start a row in an attempt to get a game abandoned-knowing that it will be replayed??
Has there never been a game in Tyrone abandoned due to a row before? What happened previously? Obviously we are going to need a final decision this week.

Clogher and Brocagh play in the last league game to see who gets into the playoffs

A draw would bring Drumragh into a three way tie assuming they win their last game? How would that be sorted?

Score difference to separate them. Provided there were no conceded fixtures involving any of the three.

omagh_gael

Jesus christ, Kev. Edit that post or take it down. No need for that..

twenty one yard free

If there were any brains in Tyrone they would a fixed the replay for Saturday evening and charged £7-£8 in,

They would have made more money with the xtra neutrals that I'm sure who would a been at it, instead they will be in Celtic Park,Athletic grounds or Clones

Club boi

Quote from: twenty one yard free on October 11, 2016, 05:53:56 PM
If there were any brains in Tyrone they would a fixed the replay for Saturday evening and charged £7-£8 in,

They would have made more money with the xtra neutrals that I'm sure who would a been at it, instead they will be in Celtic Park,Athletic grounds or Clones

100% Correct

I know quite a few men who aren't going to Omagh this week as neutrals as they are heading to each of the 3 venues you mentioned

All Ireland on a Saturday, why not County Final. County Board serious greedy *****

Mikhailov

Quote from: Club boi on October 11, 2016, 06:16:41 PM
Quote from: twenty one yard free on October 11, 2016, 05:53:56 PM

100% Correct

I know quite a few men who aren't going to Omagh this week as neutrals as they are heading to each of the 3 venues you mentioned

All Ireland on a Saturday, why not County Final. County Board serious greedy *****

Agree totally - should have Sat or Fri night and would have gave the winners an extra 24/48 hours to prepare for Ulster Club. Plenty of east tyronies/loughshore people will go to AG to see Maghery or CP to see Loup. Plus there is a potential classic in Clones as well. Greed is the appropriate word to describe our ccc.

square_ball

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on October 11, 2016, 12:08:34 PM
A serious question, isn't it awful that clubs getting nothing from the county board from championship income. Think of ourselves with five games (2 draws, are those two games  worth 60,000 - 70,000) and then Coalisland who will now play there sixth game, the county have made some cash from us this season, not one penny will we get from it.

Excellent point and something I'd never even thought about. Surely there could and should be some kind of financial reward for clubs considering the revenue they are bringing the county board. The further you go the bills soon rack up between physio, food etc. There's only so much big breakfasts can raise.

Redhand Santa

I'm confused about the argument. If people are saying more people would have went on Friday or Saturday evening how are the county board being greedy by playing it on Sunday? If it had been Friday or Saturday the same people would have complained that it was unfair on boys having to get off work or the lack of recovery time from last weeks final.

Throw ball

Not one to support a county board but I think the prices charged into championship matches are reasonably standard throughout Ulster. The Armagh final this weekend is £13. Add to that is that the more money counties gather from their club championship the less they ask from clubs down the line.

Redhand Santa

I'm certainly not in favour of getting rid of mickey Harte. Tyrone championship has been cheaper than Armagh for most games. I think they should have dropped the price to 10 pound but can see why it had to be played on Sunday.

Localexpert

only getting to post my thoughts on the weekend now was offline for a few days..... will hopefully be offline longer after sunday when the fianna finish the job.

i knew it would be a close game unlike some of the jokers on here.  glad at least the fianna showed they are most certainly up there with the best of the teams in the county ... something that seems lost on a lot of people.  one joker thought the fianna squad wasnt strong which is mental and shows they nothing sweet f$%k all.

pity we couldnt do it on sunday infront of the the rahilly guests of honor ..... sporting beautiful new shiny jackets may i add.  took it from the cashidy fund i heard after he left for good last week.... ah well 100 years and all that maybe they can get young doris to lead them for 125 years ..... he'll be well warmed up by then ;)

redcard

Quote from: Redhand Santa on October 11, 2016, 10:17:28 PM
I'm certainly not in favour of getting rid of mickey Harte. Tyrone championship has been cheaper than Armagh for most games. I think they should have dropped the price to 10 pound but can see why it had to be played on Sunday.

You could've got into the ground last Sunday for £10 and I'm sure it will be the same this Sunday

Redhand Santa

Quote from: redcard on October 11, 2016, 11:05:46 PM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on October 11, 2016, 10:17:28 PM

You could've got into the ground last Sunday for £10 and I'm sure it will be the same this Sunday

I meant for the stand. I don't think the prices are too bad, especially last Sunday when there was two very good games on offer.