Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daidso191

Mark Bradley is a joy to watch. Worth the tener admission to the terrace alone. His height may effect his inter county career which would be a shame. Pauric Hampsey was also outstanding he has it all as a defender a midfielder and can also score.
Killyclogher to run out winners in the last quarter of the replay I think.

I heard a Strabane past player has slated Tiernan McCann on Facebook as being an awful footballer (not the 1st time he has took to Social Media to discuss the McCann family)

square_ball

Quote from: Uncle Kev on October 10, 2016, 08:45:40 PM
The two Mc canns are a joy to watch ! I hear big Mattie has signed up with Cavan . What's he going to do diffrrrnt from terry hyland whom I dated as one of the top managers in Ireland ! Mattie don't last !

You dated Hyland? Fair play kev its a quare trek to cavan but anything for a bit of cutting.

Club boi

Quote from: square_ball on October 10, 2016, 09:23:23 PM
Quote from: Uncle Kev on October 10, 2016, 08:45:40 PM
The two Mc canns are a joy to watch ! I hear big Mattie has signed up with Cavan . What's he going to do diffrrrnt from terry hyland whom I dated as one of the top managers in Ireland ! Mattie don't last !

You dated Hyland? Fair play kev its a quare trek to cavan but anything for a bit of cutting.

Aye a good bita cutting

HalfBack7

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on October 10, 2016, 06:55:33 PM
Division 2 & 3 league games now brought forward to Saturday afternoon from Sunday due to SFC final replay.

Watched the game on TV yesterday, a good solid enough game. Coalisland made notes that Killyclogher's full back line is their weak spot but didn't push them enough on this I thought. Too close to call, hope to be there at the replay.

Big weekend for Tattyreagh then. Can they bounce back from their Championship Final loss to secure the League title or will Owen Roes stop them in their tracks?

Timber Time

What about castlederg do they not have a game in hand to replay which was called off?

jb81

A very exciting and great game to be at I thought.
the sending off crucial, and silly to get involved when already on a yellow ( which to be fair could have been a red ).
With Killyclogher down to 14, they had to give up the Coalisland kickouts and let coalisland go short and gain possesion and also they had to go long with their own, as Coalisland done the right thing and pushed up on them, making it a 50/50 possession battle in midfield.
Only for this I think Killyclogher would have seen the game out.
Both teams had chances to win it in the end.
Hopefully we will have Carlin back next week, which would be a great boost and see it out.
Best wishes to the lads that got the injuries, were massive loses to their respective teams..

bogball88

Quote from: Timber Time on October 11, 2016, 07:12:38 AM
What about castlederg do they not have a game in hand to replay which was called off?

This game in hand was the Clann na Gael game, which was abandoned in the final minutes of the match with Castlederg losing by a few points. County Board declared it null and void, Castlederg appealed it to the Ulster Council. Think they have also taken this appeal to Croke Park to get it replayed. Croke Park would be setting a dangerous precedent if this appeal was to be successful-surely would mean that any team losing by a couple of points in injury time could start a row in an attempt to get a game abandoned-knowing that it will be replayed??

Under Lights

Quote from: bogball88 on October 11, 2016, 09:39:14 AM
Quote from: Timber Time on October 11, 2016, 07:12:38 AM

This game in hand was the Clann na Gael game, which was abandoned in the final minutes of the match with Castlederg losing by a few points. County Board declared it null and void, Castlederg appealed it to the Ulster Council. Think they have also taken this appeal to Croke Park to get it replayed. Croke Park would be setting a dangerous precedent if this appeal was to be successful-surely would mean that any team losing by a couple of points in injury time could start a row in an attempt to get a game abandoned-knowing that it will be replayed??
Has there never been a game in Tyrone abandoned due to a row before? What happened previously? Obviously we are going to need a final decision this week.

Clogher and Brocagh play in the last league game to see who gets into the playoffs.

redhandefender

The derg wouldn't be better leaving as is. Seen the video and they were lucky few other boys aren't in bit more. 1 particularly for assault

EastTyrone

Quote from: Uncle Kev on October 11, 2016, 11:46:59 AM
I see the county board have sank to a new low in justifying another £12 for this weeks replay ! People going to Omagh on Sunday are going to see football so dromore and kileeshil in the u16 final was the obvious choice . Mickey Kerr is stamped all over this fixture . It's about time the people stood up and be counted and get rid if the large dose of brown tongues hanging around garvaghey . Thon **** cuthbert Donnelly would give you the skitter acting mr seeetheart and him and his cronies trying to oust Mickey harte . Time to set a drop of poison and get rid if this vermin once and for all . People could start by driving the gates in around them on Sunday cos none of the hoors would have the balls to stand up and be counted !

:-X :-X

Christ above, what did poor Custard do to you?

The Trap

You said you were going to Dungannon Uncle Kev?????? How much will Ulster Council charge in to that? You do have a fair point about the under 16 final though.............................

Knock Yer Mucker In

A serious question, isn't it awful that clubs getting nothing from the county board from championship income. Think of ourselves with five games (2 draws, are those two games  worth 60,000 - 70,000) and then Coalisland who will now play there sixth game, the county have made some cash from us this season, not one penny will we get from it.

Tyrone Gaa

Host clubs are the only clubs that benefit from championship. Omagh with their half time draw went above and beyond and offered 2 x £100 prizes for the thousands that attended the county final.  I wish the CB would force these host clubs to improve their facilities or lose the privilege.  I'm thinking Pomeroy and their ridiculous club rooms but there are others as well.

Rewarding clubs for big gates, I see the logic but I would rather it went into a pot and spread amongst clubs rather than the 2 competing clubs get a percentage if that's what your suggestion is.  There will obviously be a huge surplus this year on the championship budgets.  Next year I've no doubt the county treasurer will be looking to increase the price of season tickets like he has done year on year because they got better value than anticipated this year.
Living the dream!!!

Red Hand Man

Quote from: Uncle Kev on October 11, 2016, 12:04:34 PM
Custard the auld bollix should be at home caring for his wife . Leave the "welcoming" to thon eegit Jordan who seems to have elocution lessons in the past year as she can now string five words together without getting into a raspberry (ruffle)!

Caring for his wife? On reflection, do you really think that's an appropriate thing to post?

tothetop03

Quote from: Red Hand Man on October 11, 2016, 01:16:32 PM
Quote from: Uncle Kev on October 11, 2016, 12:04:34 PM
Custard the auld bollix should be at home caring for his wife . Leave the "welcoming" to thon eegit Jordan who seems to have elocution lessons in the past year as she can now string five words together without getting into a raspberry (ruffle)!

Caring for his wife? On reflection, do you really think that's an appropriate thing to post?

Not a fan of Custard either but he as a man has devoted a full life to Gaa...Them comments are a wee bit disrespectful IMO...

I see Clonoe honouring Joe McCabe in the next week or two by running a This is your Life night for him another man who has devoted his life to the Gaa..These type of men are the cornerstone of any Gaa club...