Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tothetop03

Quote from: Localexpert on October 06, 2016, 10:13:09 PM
On a side note I have noticed that all of Coalislands east tyrone neighbours have wished them all the best on social media for the game on Sunday so I was wondering will clonoe do the same   ::)

Hastag just asking....

your bashing of Clonoe is relentless...Should not be in bed on a school night you are behaving like a baby.....Would you wish them luck?

Localexpert

Quote from: tothetop03 on October 06, 2016, 10:24:42 PM
On a side note I have noticed that all of Coalislands east tyrone neighbours have wished them all the best on social media for the game on Sunday so I was wondering will clonoe do the same   ::)

Hastag just asking....

your bashing of Clonoe is relentless...Should not be in bed on a school night you are behaving like a baby.....Would you wish them luck?

Yea id rather have the o'neill cup in East tyrone every year.  Considering Coalisland and clonoe can see each others fields  they must be the closest rivals in tyrone and considering the championships between them is some going.  Whereas in the west there are miles between each club.

Anyhow did cassidy still get his diesel miles this week ?

Hashtag just asking?

In hiding

Quote from: Localexpert on October 06, 2016, 11:53:42 PM

Hastag just asking....

Yea id rather have the o'neill cup in East tyrone every year.  Considering Coalisland and clonoe can see each others fields  they must be the closest rivals in tyrone and considering the championships between them is some going.  Whereas in the west there are miles between each club.

Hashtag just asking?
The east is due an o neill cup. 3 in the 21st century isn't much of a return

Localexpert

Quote from: In hiding on October 07, 2016, 12:15:47 AM
Quote from: Localexpert on October 06, 2016, 11:53:42 PM

Hastag just asking....

Hashtag just asking?
The east is due an o neill cup. 3 in the 21st century isn't much of a return

I'm more interested in Coalisland being team of the decade in tyrone by being the first to win 2 championships;)

The Golden Years

Quote from: Localexpert on October 06, 2016, 07:12:23 PM
Coalisland team in 2007 most were u21 that year and ended up wining u21 championships in 07 & 08 playing aginst a seasoned dromore team who had been knocking on the door for a few years.  Obviously beating carrickmore in 2010 is a bigger indication of the team when nobody gave them a chance.  The experience of 2007 should ensure it won't happen them on Sunday.  So overall most of the fianna players know what it takes to win a championship and what it's like to lose one so the greater experience should stand to them. Add in the youngsters such as hampsey and mckernan (who roasted pj lavery over 2 games) who haven't won one, Coalisland shouldn't be too far away.

I could be wrong, but coalisland where the Bookies favourite going into this final.  A game i feel Carrickmore lost along the line.  But thats all history now.

Localexpert

Quote from: The Golden Years on October 07, 2016, 08:46:40 AM
Coalisland team in 2007 most were u21 that year and ended up wining u21 championships in 07 & 08 playing aginst a seasoned dromore team who had been knocking on the door for a few years.  Obviously beating carrickmore in 2010 is a bigger indication of the team when nobody gave them a chance.  The experience of 2007 should ensure it won't happen them on Sunday.  So overall most of the fianna players know what it takes to win a championship and what it's like to lose one so the greater experience should stand to them. Add in the youngsters such as hampsey and mckernan (who roasted pj lavery over 2 games) who haven't won one, Coalisland shouldn't be too far away.

I could be wrong, but coalisland where the Bookies favourite going into this final.  A game i feel Carrickmore lost along the line.  But thats all history now.

Better team definitely won that day.   What's you excuses for the last 10 years of failure ;)

WBF

Quote from: Localexpert on October 07, 2016, 09:36:13 AM

Better team definitely won that day.   What's you excuses for the last 10 years of failure ;)

Assuming you are from Coalisland? Since you want to point out failures... considering in the last 25 years Coalisland have won just the one championship? and only been in 4 finals counting this weekend! Compare that to Carrickmores 6 championships and 12 finals!

Although only reason im pointing this out is you like to talk about "Failures". Don't fully believe in calling it failure as in 9 out of 10 cases if a team is beat its just because they aren't good enough on the day!

In regards to the final this weekend I think Coalisland will win it and thats who I will be supporting as well!

The Golden Years

I think we have won as many senior trophies as coalisland in the past 10 years. In fact we have been more successful than coalisland in winning trophies since 2010. Whats your excuse for failure on pushing on since 2010 considering most of that team is still playing? Drink, Drugs and gambling? Or maybe all 3?

In hiding

Quote from: The Golden Years on October 07, 2016, 10:11:43 AM

I think we have won as many senior trophies as coalisland in the past 10 years. In fact we have been more successful than coalisland in winning trophies since 2010. Whats your excuse for failure on pushing on since 2010 considering most of that time is still playing? Drink, Drugs and gambling? Or maybe all 3?
Whoa there horse !!!

EastTyrone

Quote from: In hiding on October 07, 2016, 10:52:57 AM

I think we have won as many senior trophies as coalisland in the past 10 years. In fact we have been more successful than coalisland in winning trophies since 2010. Whats your excuse for failure on pushing on since 2010 considering most of that time is still playing? Drink, Drugs and gambling? Or maybe all 3?
Whoa there horse !!!

Maybe a tad too far there. Considering no one has won it twice in them years or pushed on you could then consider every team a failure with that logic. Coalisland could and should have more championships with this team but it is not so easy.
Hopefully they can do the business on Sunday and if they decide to indulge in filling the cup with drink and drugs and gamble who can finish it the quickest, I won't be complaining!
p.s Red Ned the chairman 14/1 outsider on finishing it first.

driveherin

Just wondering has Cassidy actually got the road out of Clonoe yet?? Or are they going to pay him a couple of grand to hang about and see out the league with them???

In hiding

I heard cassidy was staying at clonoe for one more year

tothetop03

Quote from: In hiding on October 07, 2016, 11:58:39 AM
I heard cassidy was staying at clonoe for one more year

I also heard that he was asked to confirm that he is staying the week after the Omagh draw...and he indicated he was staying but it is not 100% confirmed yet... I would presume most outside managers have a figure for the year not per session...

Localexpert

Whoa there horse !!!

Jesus asking if coalisland hadn't won anything since 2010 because of drugs is the most ridiculous thing I've ever read.  If you're asking that about coalisland why haven't carrickmore won a championship since 2005? By More successful  I assume you are talking about league titles which although nice to win don't mean a lot.  But if you think it does coalisland won 15 out if 15 league games in 2012 which doesn't often happen.

So far it's all opinion but the one fact we can take away from this is that since the tyrone championship became ultra ultra competitive with numerous teams capable of winning it over the last 10 years carrickmore haven't had the cajones to bring home the bacon.  Thee golden years have reached its winter and there will be no spring again for a long time.  Paddy o'neill won a fortune betting on carmen not winning for 10 years.  I heard he went double or quits.... talk about printing money.....

The Golden Years

Quote from: Localexpert on October 07, 2016, 01:31:06 PM

Whoa there horse !!!

Jesus asking if coalisland hadn't won anything since 2010 because of drugs is the most ridiculous thing I've ever read.  If you're asking that about coalisland why haven't carrickmore won a championship since 2005? By More successful  I assume you are talking about league titles which although nice to win don't mean a lot.  But if you think it does coalisland won 15 out if 15 league games in 2012 which doesn't often happen.

So far it's all opinion but the one fact we can take away from this is that since the tyrone championship became ultra ultra competitive with numerous teams capable of winning it over the last 10 years carrickmore haven't had the cajones to bring home the bacon.  Thee golden years have reached its winter and there will be no spring again for a long time.  Paddy o'neill won a fortune betting on carmen not winning for 10 years.  I heard he went double or quits.... talk about printing money.....

Doubt I hit a nerve. 😂 The reason the Tyrone championship has got ultra ultra competitive is because the standard of football in Tyrone has dropped. Not because all the teams have come up to the same level. TBH I think and I hope coalisland win on Sunday and if they do paddy o Neil will be down a fortune as all his money is on killyclogher. He mustn't think much of coalisland either then.