Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tothetop03

Quote from: GaelTheGael on October 06, 2016, 01:20:16 PM
Quote from: tothetop03 on October 06, 2016, 12:55:13 PM
Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on October 06, 2016, 12:27:37 PM
Quote from: Up The Middle on October 06, 2016, 11:31:38 AM
Quote from: EastTyrone on October 06, 2016, 09:10:05 AM
Not sure Island are paying all 3 members of the background team but I know collectively, it does not even get near the £15/20k mark. Would be surprised if it hit 10k.

In other news, heard from a Clonoe man yesterday evening saying, Cassidy is gone and Clonoe will not be fulfilling their fixtures.
This may be rubbish but I slept like a log last night dreaming that Fianna put the final nail in the coffin!

Killyclogher should be giving you sleepless nights at the minute, don't you worry about Clonoe, we will be back stronger next year as always no matter who is in charge. Only one thing worse than a sore loser and that's someone who cannot win be a bit of grace and dignity.

Yip we'll be back stronger for sure with Colm Doris fully recovered from his knee injury, Ryan T O Neill from his shoulder injury and a fully fit Stephen Mc Nulty (played about 2 full games this season) to compliment the development this year of so many of our younger players. That's some quality to add.

Rumour has it Colm Donnelly is returning next year to live in Ireland so a return for Clonoe is possible ...No group of players go on for ever,Connor Hughes Rhyss Quinn and Darrly Magee have made decent strides in championship football this year...So its  not all bad for Clonoe....Dwayne Quinn returning to top form may be another key to moving forward he has been of the boil for a while and seems to be struggling for fitness....

On to sundays game I can see a very tight affair Coalisland will have the luxury of possibly moving Hampey to mark T McCann prob McKernan to Mark Bradley and these 2 encounters may well decide the outcome of the O'Neill cup cant wait to see what happens...
Be surprised if McNally doesnt pick up McCann and Hampsey onto Bradley.

Hampsey marked McCann in the league game and done a job on him...You could be right though, leaving hampsey full back if Killycloghers full forward line is the same as the semi final would be a waste of a player of his ability in my opinion...They will have better use for him out the field in this game..

LeoMc

Quote from: The Trap on October 05, 2016, 11:30:11 AM
All clubs will vote for an early championship next year..........and the fixtures makers will put in a bit of effort. But for how long will club players (especially reserves) put up with it??????????? County Board only worried about getting big gates at championship matches to pay for the county teams!

Would early round of championship not suit reserves? IT would allow reserve championship to go ahead in the summer, like in the old days.
If they wanted the money would they not want it in earlier? An early start would let them spread the games out to milk them for all they are worth?

EastTyrone

Quote from: tothetop03 on October 06, 2016, 01:25:34 PM
Quote from: GaelTheGael on October 06, 2016, 01:20:16 PM
Quote from: tothetop03 on October 06, 2016, 12:55:13 PM
Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on October 06, 2016, 12:27:37 PM
Quote from: Up The Middle on October 06, 2016, 11:31:38 AM
Quote from: EastTyrone on October 06, 2016, 09:10:05 AM
Not sure Island are paying all 3 members of the background team but I know collectively, it does not even get near the £15/20k mark. Would be surprised if it hit 10k.

In other news, heard from a Clonoe man yesterday evening saying, Cassidy is gone and Clonoe will not be fulfilling their fixtures.
This may be rubbish but I slept like a log last night dreaming that Fianna put the final nail in the coffin!

Killyclogher should be giving you sleepless nights at the minute, don't you worry about Clonoe, we will be back stronger next year as always no matter who is in charge. Only one thing worse than a sore loser and that's someone who cannot win be a bit of grace and dignity.

Yip we'll be back stronger for sure with Colm Doris fully recovered from his knee injury, Ryan T O Neill from his shoulder injury and a fully fit Stephen Mc Nulty (played about 2 full games this season) to compliment the development this year of so many of our younger players. That's some quality to add.

Rumour has it Colm Donnelly is returning next year to live in Ireland so a return for Clonoe is possible ...No group of players go on for ever,Connor Hughes Rhyss Quinn and Darrly Magee have made decent strides in championship football this year...So its  not all bad for Clonoe....Dwayne Quinn returning to top form may be another key to moving forward he has been of the boil for a while and seems to be struggling for fitness....

On to sundays game I can see a very tight affair Coalisland will have the luxury of possibly moving Hampey to mark T McCann prob McKernan to Mark Bradley and these 2 encounters may well decide the outcome of the O'Neill cup cant wait to see what happens...
Be surprised if McNally doesnt pick up McCann and Hampsey onto Bradley.

Hampsey marked McCann in the league game and done a job on him...You could be right though, leaving hampsey full back if Killycloghers full forward line is the same as the semi final would be a waste of a player of his ability in my opinion...They will have better use for him out the field in this game..

Im expecting a very tight game. If Coalisland can reproduce the form of last week, I would be confident. Killyclogher will have the legs, so Coalisland will have to stop them high up the field.
Heart is saying Coalisland.
Coalisland last won the championship in 2010 with Derrylaughan winning the intermediate. Hoping this is a good omen for the weekend!!

blackball

I think Coalisland put everything they had into the 2 games against Clonoe, wont be easy getting the intensity back up to that level. I guess Killyclogher will have an easy day and run out winners by 4-5 points

Localexpert

Quote from: blackball on October 06, 2016, 02:01:59 PM
I think Coalisland put everything they had into the 2 games against Clonoe, wont be easy getting the intensity back up to that level. I guess Killyclogher will have an easy day and run out winners by 4-5 points

Would be very surprised if either team run out easy winners. Coalisland will be more tuned in than that.... was talking to a few of them after their players meeting in oul kieran donnellys shop at the top of the Hill and they sound ready to go..... young bear cub hampsey can quare put away a chicken burger .....

WT4E

Any chance of Carlin being fit for final?

Club boi

Ha, not too many championships I can mind were won as easy as your prediction

Coalisland for me, just think they have the extra power and when they match Killycloghers pace I think they will edge it. How Steven Mc Nally was let was go from the county panel is a mystery. Absolutely great player

I would fear your theory on Coalisland put everything into the win over Clonoe, at the whistle you would have thought they had won the Championship on their celebrations

To GaeltheGael - You mentioned Rhyss Quinn from Clonoe. If it's the same player I'm thinking of are you having a laugh?? I'm nearly sure he didn't play either Omagh game or v Carrickmore. Against Coalisland he looked seriously out of his depth and like a headless chicken, constantly fouling

tothetop03

Quote from: Club boi on October 06, 2016, 04:38:11 PM

Coalisland for me, just think they have the extra power and when they match Killycloghers pace I think they will edge it. How Steven Mc Nally was let was go from the county panel is a mystery. Absolutely great player

I would fear your theory on Coalisland put everything into the win over Clonoe, at the whistle you would have thought they had won the Championship on their celebrations

To GaeltheGael - You mentioned Rhyss Quinn from Clonoe. If it's the same player I'm thinking of are you having a laugh?? I'm nearly sure he didn't play either Omagh game or v Carrickmore. Against Coalisland he looked seriously out of his depth and like a headless chicken, constantly fouling

I think he played v Omagh 1st for how long I would guess 10minutes or so....I heard he picked up a knock in training then played last week where I thought he was ok... Still only 19 or so I would not write him off yet....but you are entitled to your opinion...

winghalfback

Rhys was county minor full back a couple of years ago he didn't have a great day v Coalisland granted but he did come on v omagh in the championship this year he will be serious player for Clonoe in the next few years he is getting bigger and stronger all the time and might just be the man to replace Brady in full back.

blackball

Just a prediction could be wrong, Not too many finals are won easily but I remember in 2007 Coalisland being beat by 10 points by dromore.

redzone

How many island players on Sunday started in 2007 final? Dromore blew them away that day but nearly same team now

tothetop03

Quote from: redzone on October 06, 2016, 06:38:17 PM
How many island players on Sunday started in 2007 final? Dromore blew them away that day but nearly same team now

I would guess J Curran,P Toner,Peter Donnelly,B Toner,P Kane, AND Possibly L O'Neill and McNally....The occasion beat Coalisland that day,that didn't happen in 2010 when they had to dig out a win v Carrickmore...

tothetop03

Quote from: tothetop03 on October 06, 2016, 06:44:42 PM
Quote from: redzone on October 06, 2016, 06:38:17 PM

I would guess J Curran,P Toner,Peter Donnelly,B Toner,P Kane, AND Possibly L O'Neill and McNally....The occasion beat Coalisland that day,that didn't happen in 2010 when they had to dig out a win v Carrickmore...

Add Niall Kerr Gerard Toner and Conor Bayne from what was used last sunday...

Localexpert

Coalisland team in 2007 most were u21 that year and ended up wining u21 championships in 07 & 08 playing aginst a seasoned dromore team who had been knocking on the door for a few years.  Obviously beating carrickmore in 2010 is a bigger indication of the team when nobody gave them a chance.  The experience of 2007 should ensure it won't happen them on Sunday.  So overall most of the fianna players know what it takes to win a championship and what it's like to lose one so the greater experience should stand to them. Add in the youngsters such as hampsey and mckernan (who roasted pj lavery over 2 games) who haven't won one, Coalisland shouldn't be too far away.

Localexpert

On a side note I have noticed that all of Coalislands east tyrone neighbours have wished them all the best on social media for the game on Sunday so I was wondering will clonoe do the same   ::)

Hastag just asking....