Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: EastTyrone on October 06, 2016, 09:10:05 AM
Not sure Island are paying all 3 members of the background team but I know collectively, it does not even get near the £15/20k mark. Would be surprised if it hit 10k.

In other news, heard from a Clonoe man yesterday evening saying, Cassidy is gone and Clonoe will not be fulfilling their fixtures.
This may be rubbish but I slept like a log last night dreaming that Fianna put the final nail in the coffin!

I find that very hard to believe and would be poor form if true
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Oghams Law

The payment of managers is against what the gaa stands for but it was impossible to prevent and is going to continue. Best you can do is inform clubs trying  to sell tickets or fund raise that you won't be paying for their manager. Are there any clubs left in Tyrone who have never paid an outsider to manage their club?

tothetop03

Have seen some posts on here from Sunday taking unfair swipes at Clonoe....Damian Cassidy may well be away at the end of the season who knows he will be replaced by another outsider I presume...most clubs if not all have paid outside managers some have worked some have not...Clonoe I suppose have had one of their best spells ever from2008 wining 2 senior championships 2 senior leagues 3 reserve championships an under 21 tyrone and Ulster double...So maybe a bit of jealously creeping in with some posters on here...for the allegation that they wont field in their last 2 league games is absolutely not correct!! They will play of course and honour the fixtures....

Up The Middle

Not sure Island are paying all 3 members of the background team but I know collectively, it does not even get near the £15/20k mark. Would be surprised if it hit 10k.

In other news, heard from a Clonoe man yesterday evening saying, Cassidy is gone and Clonoe will not be fulfilling their fixtures.
This may be rubbish but I slept like a log last night dreaming that Fianna put the final nail in the coffin!

Killyclogher should be giving you sleepless nights at the minute, don't you worry about Clonoe, we will be back stronger next year as always no matter who is in charge. Only one thing worse than a sore loser and that's someone who cannot win be a bit of grace and dignity.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

EastTyrone

Quote from: Up The Middle on October 06, 2016, 11:31:38 AM

Killyclogher should be giving you sleepless nights at the minute, don't you worry about Clonoe, we will be back stronger next year as always no matter who is in charge. Only one thing worse than a sore loser and that's someone who cannot win be a bit of grace and dignity.

You would make a good politician.
I'm sure you will be front runner for the job next year anyway ;)

ThreeStones

Quote from: Oghams Law on October 06, 2016, 11:03:18 AM
The payment of managers is against what the gaa stands for but it was impossible to prevent and is going to continue. Best you can do is inform clubs trying  to sell tickets or fund raise that you won't be paying for their manager. Are there any clubs left in Tyrone who have never paid an outsider to manage their club?

Trillick I know have never had (nor paid) an outside manager. I'm sure there are other clubs also.

Up The Middle

Quote from: EastTyrone on October 06, 2016, 11:33:52 AM

You would make a good politician.
I'm sure you will be front runner for the job next year anyway ;)

All the best on Sunday     
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

tothetop03

Quote from: ThreeStones on October 06, 2016, 11:49:06 AM

Trillick I know have never had (nor paid) an outside manager. I'm sure there are other clubs also.

Is Nigel Seaney not from Irvinstown??

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: tothetop03 on October 06, 2016, 12:00:27 PM

I thought the same
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

ThreeStones

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on October 06, 2016, 12:02:27 PM
Quote from: tothetop03 on October 06, 2016, 12:00:27 PM

I thought the same

Originally from Irvinestown but living in Trillick for last 15 years or so. Had a few years managing Trillick under 8s and 10s before taking the senior job... so he's Trillick now :)

Knock Yer Mucker In

Yip we'll be back stronger for sure with Colm Doris fully recovered from his knee injury, Ryan T O Neill from his shoulder injury and a fully fit Stephen Mc Nulty (played about 2 full games this season) to compliment the development this year of so many of our younger players. That's some quality to add.

FermGael

Like most Trillick managers who have won anything Seaney is a Fermanagh Man.
John Donnelly who managed Trillick in the 70 and 80s was also a Fermanagh man.

And let's not Forget Trillick had another man on the line over the past 2 years who wasn't coming to Trillick for the scenery
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

tothetop03

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on October 06, 2016, 12:27:37 PM

Yip we'll be back stronger for sure with Colm Doris fully recovered from his knee injury, Ryan T O Neill from his shoulder injury and a fully fit Stephen Mc Nulty (played about 2 full games this season) to compliment the development this year of so many of our younger players. That's some quality to add.

Rumour has it Colm Donnelly is returning next year to live in Ireland so a return for Clonoe is possible ...No group of players go on for ever,Connor Hughes Rhyss Quinn and Darrly Magee have made decent strides in championship football this year...So its  not all bad for Clonoe....Dwayne Quinn returning to top form may be another key to moving forward he has been of the boil for a while and seems to be struggling for fitness....

On to sundays game I can see a very tight affair Coalisland will have the luxury of possibly moving Hampey to mark T McCann prob McKernan to Mark Bradley and these 2 encounters may well decide the outcome of the O'Neill cup cant wait to see what happens...

GaelTheGael

Quote from: tothetop03 on October 06, 2016, 12:55:13 PM
Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on October 06, 2016, 12:27:37 PM

Rumour has it Colm Donnelly is returning next year to live in Ireland so a return for Clonoe is possible ...No group of players go on for ever,Connor Hughes Rhyss Quinn and Darrly Magee have made decent strides in championship football this year...So its  not all bad for Clonoe....Dwayne Quinn returning to top form may be another key to moving forward he has been of the boil for a while and seems to be struggling for fitness....

On to sundays game I can see a very tight affair Coalisland will have the luxury of possibly moving Hampey to mark T McCann prob McKernan to Mark Bradley and these 2 encounters may well decide the outcome of the O'Neill cup cant wait to see what happens...
Be surprised if McNally doesnt pick up McCann and Hampsey onto Bradley.

Onthe40

McCanns i thought were very quiet v Dromore...it was lesser lights like young mcfadden, meenagh as well as Bradley  who drove them home..for KC its all about system, their highly defensive and break at pace..fianna will see loads of possession but can they be patient and create holes...