Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Onthe40 on October 05, 2016, 10:46:14 AM
Absolute shambles....I had thought the fixtures committee had started to get there act together this past few years but this is back to square one...have spoken to a few guys (reserve players) who have said they have absolutely no interest in playing reserver championship with most reserves not even training now...if Tyrone had have slipped into an AI final, it wouldve been a bigger mess. Mid October and clubs dont even know when their next 2-3 games are on.
exactly.
Its 6 weeks since our last league game (it might be 10 or more since our reserves have played) and we still have no indication of when the final two league games or the reserve championship will be played.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

The Bearded One

There was a county committee meeting last night. I wonder did any clubs bring the fixture situation up with the top table?
It is what it is. Presumably.

The Trap

All clubs will vote for an early championship next year..........and the fixtures makers will put in a bit of effort. But for how long will club players (especially reserves) put up with it??????????? County Board only worried about getting big gates at championship matches to pay for the county teams!

blewuporstuffed

I think we have to look at trying to get the league completely played before the championship like in other counties.
15 rounds of games, no semis or final.
with 5 stared games we should be able to play those quite regularly over the summer.

The reserve format need a complete revamp.
IMO it needs to be separated from the senior fixtures with reserve teams promoted and relegated on their own merit.
A more localised league format run off every week over the summer might help.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

The Trap

Totally agree with you blueuporstuffed. Not only is there a couple of rounds to go but then you have all of the play offs......

The Bearded One

It pretty much says it all when you have clubs looking to arrange challenge games in September/October time due to a complete lack of league activity.

An early championship would certainly help but that also has it's downside with teams pretty much out of the league after 6 or 7 rounds and little to play or train for if they have an early exit.

As for the reserves, as has been mentioned several times, make them standalone leagues and fixtures.
It is what it is. Presumably.

blackball

Its all well and good coming up with suggestions on how to fix the total disastrous fixture schedule and the joke that is reserve football, there has been some good ideas too, but the people with the power to change this will not take one blind bit of notice to any of it! Thats the problem! an unwillingness from the county board to do anything other than suit themselves.

Localexpert

Quote from: longballin on October 05, 2016, 05:52:23 PM
Quote from: Club boi on October 05, 2016, 05:36:02 PM
Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on October 05, 2016, 01:38:33 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on October 05, 2016, 01:22:32 PM
Where do Clubs get the money to pay 10 to 20 grand a year expenses?

The bigger clubs in the county can afford that sort amount thing from their membership base or big fundraisers.  That's why I hesitate to support a big ticket draw or fundraiser drive these clubs do (Most recent one springs to mind was Errigal and the sums they were reportedly paying McGuckin).  Credit to Errigal they have now moved in house but that might not be the case next season.  Sometimes there will be a business man or men help facilitate the payment of a manager to see the club progress.  I'm open to correction on this but Tyrone Gaa don't fund Micky Harte but Club Tyrone do? Is that right, I would like to get a look at his expenses.

Club money should stay in the club to improve facilities or for youth transport and day to day costs.  I'm not against expenses because nobody should be out of pocket for taking on a management role (including an in house club person), but not crazy amounts being banded about the country.

Since we're in the mist of "Rumours" plenty doing the rounds that Mc Aleer an Rushe aren't too happy at paying MH £80,000 a year for him to boycott RTÉ and get them advertising exposure

dont worry will be over when he reaches his goal of not speaking at the banquet  :o

Speaking of banquets .... will cassidy get an invite to clonoe's 100 year celebration without bringing home the bacon this year?
If so:
1) will he get a ticket for nothing?
2) will he get 'expenses' to attend?

Hashtag just asking.....

winghalfback

Quote from: Localexpert on October 05, 2016, 07:16:14 PM

The bigger clubs in the county can afford that sort amount thing from their membership base or big fundraisers.  That's why I hesitate to support a big ticket draw or fundraiser drive these clubs do (Most recent one springs to mind was Errigal and the sums they were reportedly paying McGuckin).  Credit to Errigal they have now moved in house but that might not be the case next season.  Sometimes there will be a business man or men help facilitate the payment of a manager to see the club progress.  I'm open to correction on this but Tyrone Gaa don't fund Micky Harte but Club Tyrone do? Is that right, I would like to get a look at his expenses.

Club money should stay in the club to improve facilities or for youth transport and day to day costs.  I'm not against expenses because nobody should be out of pocket for taking on a management role (including an in house club person), but not crazy amounts being banded about the country.

Since we're in the mist of "Rumours" plenty doing the rounds that Mc Aleer an Rushe aren't too happy at paying MH £80,000 a year for him to boycott RTÉ and get them advertising exposure

dont worry will be over when he reaches his goal of not speaking at the banquet  :o

Speaking of banquets .... will cassidy get an invite to clonoe's 100 year celebration without bringing home the bacon this year?
If so:

Hashtag just asking.....

Probably get a free ticket like he does to the club dinner every year. That a side Cassidy has been paid we all know that but it's an undisclosed figure I'd say Killyclogher and Coalisland are paying what Clonoe are paying this year, kildress carrickmore aghyaran errigal ardboe dromore omagh brackaville derrylaghan derrytresk brocagh tattyreagh cookstown to name a few all pay or have paid a manager in recent years its the norm agree with it or not, how many of them have bought success with these managers I know Clonoe certainly have 2 championships 2 leagues reserve championship u21 Tyrone and Ulster all while he has been involved in the club. So I guess the question being asked is would your club pay out £15/20 thousand if it increased their chances of success? I know most would. Coalisland was split last year when their Agm voted to pay a manager now they have 3 and are in the final, if they win next Sunday will the ones against payment be any happier after the success gained?

Localexpert

Quote from: winghalfback on October 05, 2016, 07:40:41 PM
Quote from: Localexpert on October 05, 2016, 07:16:14 PM

If so:

Hashtag just asking.....

Probably get a free ticket like he does to the club dinner every year. That a side Cassidy has been paid we all know that but it's an undisclosed figure I'd say Killyclogher and Coalisland are paying what Clonoe are paying this year, kildress carrickmore aghyaran errigal ardboe dromore omagh brackaville derrylaghan derrytresk brocagh tattyreagh cookstown to name a few all pay or have paid a manager in recent years its the norm agree with it or not, how many of them have bought success with these managers I know Clonoe certainly have 2 championships 2 leagues reserve championship u21 Tyrone and Ulster all while he has been involved in the club. So I guess the question being asked is would your club pay out £15/20 thousand if it increased their chances of success? I know most would. Coalisland was split last year when their Agm voted to pay a manager now they have 3 and are in the final, if they win next Sunday will the ones against payment be any happier after the success gained?

Jesus you'd think he'd pay for the ticket after all his expenses no? I'm guessing he gives his time free at least that night?

£15-20k just to increase your chances of winning is a bit steep don't you think?  Setting aside the stupidity within clubs if they pay a manager 15-20k I think it says a lot about the man if he's willing to accept that kind of money off a GAA club.

Nobody should be out of pocket but there are men wringing clubs dry and it's crazy.

skeog

Whats stupid about getting 15 or 20 grand for doing something that you enjoy doing.

redzone

People actually believe this rubbish as well. 50-75 a session max. That's no more than £9000 a year top line. Corrigan is 10g for the year, with killyclogher that's fact. Tommy Devlin must be the first ever water boy to be getting paid

Club boi

Quote from: redzone on October 05, 2016, 10:12:08 PM
People actually believe this rubbish as well. 50-75 a session max. That's no more than £9000 a year top line. Corrigan is 10g for the year, with killyclogher that's fact. Tommy Devlin must be the first ever water boy to be getting paid

Alot of "Facts" be thrown around this board

Localexpert

Quote from: skeog on October 05, 2016, 09:25:17 PM
Whats stupid about getting 15 or 20 grand for doing something that you enjoy doing.

I wouldn't say the person getting it is stupid but I would say the men paying it are.  I think it goes against the whole ethos of the gaa which is why I'm against it....

EastTyrone

Not sure Island are paying all 3 members of the background team but I know collectively, it does not even get near the £15/20k mark. Would be surprised if it hit 10k.

In other news, heard from a Clonoe man yesterday evening saying, Cassidy is gone and Clonoe will not be fulfilling their fixtures.
This may be rubbish but I slept like a log last night dreaming that Fianna put the final nail in the coffin!