Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

She's having more than a go. Absolutely deserves to be in there. She's being outclassed but causing KT plenty of problems.

Boycey

All the classy work is from Taylor but definitely no harm to see someone giving her a decent contest.

gallsman

Sanchez gave her plenty too when she won the title. Definitely good to see her not hey everything hey own way so early in her career. I know it's a small card on a Wednesday night but headlining in York Hall is a big deal

That "let's bang" attitude she was showing in the 10th slightly worrying! For such an intelligent boxer, she doesn't need to do it!

macdanger2

Quote from: gallsman on December 13, 2017, 11:32:05 PM
Sanchez gave her plenty too when she won the title. Definitely good to see her not hey everything hey own way so early in her career. I know it's a small card on a Wednesday night but headlining in York Hall is a big deal

That "let's bang" attitude she was showing in the 10th slightly worrying! For such an intelligent boxer, she doesn't need to do it!

I thought that too - is it just to make her a more "exciting" boxer and pull in more cash?

Boycey

I know little about the depth of talent in women's boxing but is there the possibility she runs out of opponents relatively quickly?

screenexile

Quote from: Boycey on December 13, 2017, 11:43:05 PM
I know little about the depth of talent in women's boxing but is there the possibility she runs out of opponents relatively quickly?

Sounds like there are 2 or 3 belts she doesn't have yet so hopefully she can get a few of those next year!!

That looked like an awkward horrible physical fight for Taylor it was great to see her get through it. Now she has that kind of experience against a brawler which she probably hasn't faced before.

Onwards and upwards!!

square_ball

That was a decent nights boxing for a Wednesday night 10 days before Christmas. The Conor Benn fight was superb and im a big fan of Josh Kelly he's a classy operator.

The Gs Man

Keep 'er lit

omaghjoe

I see betting is very split on Lemieux Saunders

Personally hope Saunders gets KOed but dislikeable as he is, he is a slick enough fighter.

Still going for Lemieux stoppage 7-10. Actually looking forward to it

lurganblue

Quote from: omaghjoe on December 15, 2017, 06:48:36 AM

Personally hope Saunders gets KOed but dislikeable as he is, he is a slick enough fighter.

Saunders on points is my thinking.

Watched the Benn fight. Great scrap but he was very lucky with the decision i think.

BennyHarp

Quote from: lurganblue on December 15, 2017, 09:19:25 AM

Watched the Benn fight. Great scrap but he was very lucky with the decision i think.

Saunders looked in his best shape for a long time at the weigh in but making a dick of himself as usual. I'm not a big fan and I'm never convinced by him but he always seems to find a way to win.
That was never a square ball!!

omaghjoe

Quote from: BennyHarp on December 15, 2017, 11:11:18 PM
Quote from: lurganblue on December 15, 2017, 09:19:25 AM

Saunders looked in his best shape for a long time at the weigh in but making a dick of himself as usual. I'm not a big fan and I'm never convinced by him but he always seems to find a way to win.

Him and Ingle both

Surprisingly Lemuiex was the one who didnt look great at the weigh in, a wee bit gaunt.
Saunders is headin for a hiding soon.. hopefully tomorrow but if not then when he faces GGG or Canelo but Id hate to see him get that payday.

Avondhu star

Quote from: macdanger2 on December 13, 2017, 11:35:36 PM
Quote from: gallsman on December 13, 2017, 11:32:05 PM

I thought that too - is it just to make her a more "exciting" boxer and pull in more cash?

Were you aroused watching the two sweaty women beating each other? Katy had a nice slutty outfit
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

BennyHarp

Just watched BJS fight. I was actually very impressed. Won every round bar maybe the last. Whatever about his style, he proved himself to be a talented boxer.
That was never a square ball!!

HiMucker

Just watched it there.  He was superb.  Practically flawless performance.  Never seen it being that easy.