Never saw this before......

Started by Owen Brannigan, June 23, 2018, 12:12:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Owen Brannigan

Today I was travelling from Portadown towards Armagh and about two mile before Richill the DVA vans were parked at the side of the road and they had stopped a selection of vehicles.

The officials in their high viz jackets appeared to be questioning the drivers of these vehicles which had been pulled onto the hard shoulder while heading in both directions.

The strange thing was that virtually all of the approximately ten vehicles had their front driver side wheels  clamped with the drivers still sitting in them!

The vehicles included cars, vans, an articulated lorry and trailer and a motor bike.

No more vehicles were being stopped and they didn't seem to have any police with them as far as I could see there were no police vehicles. 

It wasn't the dippers.

Seemed to be similar to the way cars are clamped on the street in Belfast if found to to be taxed but these vehicles had been stopped and the drivers were still in them.

Strange.

Harold Disgracey

Road tax. I believe the DVA tax camera vans are out and about in Armagh at the moment.

Milltown Row2

Why are they in Armagh Portadown area?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

I drive that road 5 days a week and the tax camera is routinely there. Dippers are rare.

michaelg

Never seen this before, surely.

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 23, 2018, 12:46:34 AM
I drive that road 5 days a week and the tax camera is routinely there. Dippers are rare.

Have you ever seen vehicles pulled in and clamped with their drivers still in them?

Rossfan

That's the way to deal with Nordies who won't pay for anything ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

longballin

Sure we bailed youse wasters out a few years ago

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on June 23, 2018, 10:33:33 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 23, 2018, 12:46:34 AM

Have you ever seen vehicles pulled in and clamped with their drivers still in them?
Not with drivers in them, that is very strange. I have seen some clamped and sitting by the roadside.

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: longballin on June 23, 2018, 11:02:18 AM
[/quote

Think thats 1 0 to NI  ;D]

Rossfan

Ye lot wouldn't have contributed much to it anyway.
Loan from the Brits which has been paid back at 8 feckin per cent interest.
Who's bailing who?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

shark

Quote from: longballin on June 23, 2018, 11:02:18 AM

Bailed out a bank. To save a British bank from going under.

BennyCake

Quote from: Rossfan on June 23, 2018, 01:16:44 PM
Ye lot wouldn't have contributed much to it anyway.
Loan from the Brits which has been paid back at 8 feckin per cent interest.
Who's bailing who?

A shower of bastards bailed another shower of bastards. Nothing to do with any of us, except that we're all paying for it.