O'Se brothers

Started by the derg, August 27, 2007, 10:11:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the derg

The way all 3 of these boys have played all year will this be the first time 3 brothers have been on the same all star team.?Surley this family is gaelic footballs all time greatest.....

Dilly

Pure class, they can play anywhere on the pitch !

mannix

No doubt they are great players that do not showboat or get swelled heads when walking around town.A few of the dubs and mayo lads could talk a lesson from them about this and about staying calm when the pressure is on.Kerry have got to be handed the title of being the best team and by far the best county at gaelic football, dublin are not now or ever were apart from the late seventies at the races.Mayo have nothing to show for all our talk and wexford have as much right to brag about their football abilities as we do.
Dublin were shown up big time,only when kerry eased off did they try anything like playing.
Donaghy,cooper,osullivan,3 o,ses,galvin and murphy will get allstars and rightly so, no other county has players near them.Talk is cheap in the other strong counties but thats little good when the real questions are asked.
Would you prefer c mort, c mac and d brady or d o se,cooper and galvin in your team?Sorry lads but we are very ordainary when you see them play.

timmyot501

All 3 are class. Marc's run along the Hogan stand was sheer brilliance yesterday and it ended in a Galvin point.  But the point for Tomas was even better.  The control on the ball just oozes class.  One of many fine scores in croker yesterday

orangeman

They are class footballers who can give it, take it and give a bit more - they can give you "buckets of it " !

Shamrock Shore

3 great footballers and real class acts.

Does Paidi have any sons that look like cutting the mustard?

orangeman

Don't know but reading Paidi's piece in the Indo, he is very proud of them - I'd say this could be Darragh's lat year - what you think ?

Davitt Man

kerry nearly lost the game yesterday when they brought dara back on, wheelo ran riot on him for 15 mins, daragh is a legend all the same but i though scanlon had a great game yesterday he broke some amount of ball on wheelo

orangeman

Agree with you there -  I thought Griffin was doing well - it could have been a major mistake had Kerry lost - Darragh will pack it in after the final I'd say.

Maguire01

Quote from: Davitt Man on August 27, 2007, 12:08:25 PM
kerry nearly lost the game yesterday when they brought dara back on, wheelo ran riot on him for 15 mins, daragh is a legend all the same but i though scanlon had a great game yesterday he broke some amount of ball on wheelo

Maybe if scanlon had stuck to midfield and not tried to shoot it would have been a good game for him. Why he wasn't taken off when O'Se came back on i just don't understand.

Balboa

The thing i like about them is they just want to play & win, no oul shit........posing,crying to the ref, playing to the crowd etc The anti-dub if you like.

orangeman

I too thought that Scanlon sould have been taken off and Griffin kept on.

GalwaySham

QuoteMaybe if scanlon had stuck to midfield and not tried to shoot it would have been a good game for him. Why he wasn't taken off when O'Se came back on i just don't understand.

I always thought Marc was a top top player, from the first time I saw him and it really hasnt changed. He seems just as comfortable in the full-back line as the half-back line which is why I think he is more valuable than Tomas

orangeman

What about their display against Armagh last year in the 1/4 final in the second half - Was thee ever a better display by the 3 of them ?They literally beat Armagh on their own that day.

mouview

Good players they are but Marc and Tomas get away with a hell of a lot of fouling and constantly pulling their opponents. That maggot Tomas is well able to use the fist also, ask Mikey D in 2000. He wasn't mighty 2 years ago either v Tyrone (nor was Daragh if memory serves). Hope they get a comeuppance v Cork.