Best Armagh Player over the last decade?

Started by High Catch, November 22, 2006, 04:41:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Best Armagh Player over the last decade?

D Marsden
17 (19.5%)
O Mc Conville
12 (13.8%)
S Mc Donnell
5 (5.7%)
Geezer
33 (37.9%)
P Mc Grane
12 (13.8%)
F Bellew
8 (9.2%)

Total Members Voted: 80

Spiritof98

This one is hard, I have went with Marsden, boy have we missed him. Remember 99, struggling with injury he destroyed Donegal and Derry. (the buzz when he entered the pitch was unreal). And of course the point just before HT in the 2002 final, what a vital score. Still think we would have won the 2003 final if he hadn't been wrongly sent off.
I'll go back if Marsdens back

Hank Everlast

tight one between mcgrane and geezer but il give it to paul as i just feel that his presence in the middle of the park will be the hardest to replace.

Armagh ABÚ

1. Geezer  ;)
2. J Burns
3. McGrane
4. McConville
5. McDonnell
6. Mardsen
7. Bellew  ???
8. J McEntee  ???
9. T McEntee  ???
10. Clarke  ???

Uladh

2 - jarleth?

credability gone.

the number of full championship games tony mcentee has played for armagh in this period hardly makes it into double figures due to injury

magpie seanie

QuoteStill think we would have won the 2003 final if he hadn't been wrongly sent off.

Such a crowd of whingers.

hows she cutting

Quote from: Spiritof98 on November 23, 2006, 09:42:19 AM
Still think we would have won the 2003 final if he hadn't been wrongly sent off.

As Eamonn Coleman once said
"if ye strake, ye must walk"

Tyrones own

Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: magpie seanie on November 23, 2006, 05:17:22 PM
QuoteStill think we would have won the 2003 final if he hadn't been wrongly sent off.

Such a crowd of whingers.

:D :D :D

Uladh

or "navan" as its known in sligo

stew

Marsden is the best player for Armagh by a Country mile with flappy sitting in second, dont confuse the best player with the most influencial player because for me that would have to be Geezer with McConville a close second.

Geezer is nowhere near as talented football wise and marsden or flappy but he drove us to sam in 02 and his legacy will say that he was one of the most important players of the current era no matter what county team you play for.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

ROCKY BALBOA

Quote from: Spiritof98 on November 23, 2006, 09:42:19 AM
This one is hard, I have went with Marsden, boy have we missed him. Remember 99, struggling with injury he destroyed Donegal and Derry. (the buzz when he entered the pitch was unreal). And of course the point just before HT in the 2002 final, what a vital score. Still think we would have won the 2003 final if he hadn't been wrongly sent off.
[/quot

Have to agree with you there, marsden was a fantastic footballer for the county, and that point as was mentioned before was crucial to the outcome of Armagh winning the all ireland! McConville second!

realredhandfan

1) PTG is renowned as one if not the greatest Gaelic Footballer ever.
2) for years the cathedral quarters have touted Steve o as being as good as Mr C.  He even won the Player of the year in 2003.
3) Surely then this cant even be a close vote...
4) How can anyone vote for Francie with a straight face.
5) Armaghs done!

Goats Do Shave

Hast to be Paul McGrane! How are we going to cope with out him when he eventially leaves!???

We've coped without Marsden, we'll cope without the Geezer. Stevie can take Oisin's free kicks...but Floppy? Who is to replace him?

lynchbhoy

I voted McDonnell

shows how much I know

then again ,if this was titled 'most influential Armagh player'...maybe I'd have had someone different