All Ireland U20 2019

Started by omagh_gael, July 14, 2019, 08:03:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blowitupref

All Ireland Final Dublin v Cork in O'Moore Park Portlaoise 4pm this Saturday. Game will be live on RTE.

Edit* Gaa.ie seem to have made a press error, game will be live on TG4 as those underage games tend to be.

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

ck

Quote from: Blowitupref on July 29, 2019, 10:01:20 AM
All Ireland Final Dublin v Cork in O'Moore Park Portlaoise 4pm this Saturday. Game will be live on RTE.

Edit* Gaa.ie seem to have made a press error, game will be live on TG4 as those underage games tend to be.

Dublins conveyor belt rolls on

Rossfan

But but but.... I thought it was just one special bunch who luckily all came along at the one time....
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: Rossfan on July 29, 2019, 11:58:02 AM
But but but.... I thought it was just one special bunch who luckily all came along at the one time....

Can you guys not just lay off the young lads at least and let them enjoy their day in the sun. There'll be no talk about conveyor belts if Cork win on Saturday - just as there was no talk about it at the weekend when Mayo beat the Dublin minors.

Miserable begrudgers.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

kerryforsam19

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on July 29, 2019, 12:36:06 PM

Can you guys not just lay off the young lads at least and let them enjoy their day in the sun. There'll be no talk about conveyor belts if Cork win on Saturday - just as there was no talk about it at the weekend when Mayo beat the Dublin minors.

Miserable begrudgers.

I say Rossfans dick gets hard talking about the jackeens. Is forever hijacking threads with Dublin stuff.  It a All Ireland 20 thread there is another 20 threads on the dubs

From the Bunker

Dublin won't win AI's once the likes of Alan Brogan, Bernard Brogan, Connolly, Paul Flynn, O'Gara, Bastick, Eamonn Fennell, Barry Cahill, Kevin Nolan, Bryan Cullen, Ger Brennan, Darren Daly, Nicky Devereux from the once off golden generation fade away.

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 29, 2019, 12:57:08 PM

Dublin won't win AI's once the likes of Alan Brogan, Bernard Brogan, Connolly, Paul Flynn, O'Gara, Bastick, Eamonn Fennell, Barry Cahill, Kevin Nolan, Bryan Cullen, Ger Brennan, Darren Daly, Nicky Devereux from the once off golden generation fade away.

Can you not save your boring rants for the many other threads that you and your types have polluted? Leave the underage threads to the young lads.

Miserable begrudgers.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

kerryforsam19

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 29, 2019, 12:57:08 PM

Get a bit of sun into you. It not healthy taken all that anger out on that keyboard

Rossfan

Some lads getting very cranky, meself and Bunker must have hit a paranoid nerve there ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Maroon Manc

Quote from: galwayman on July 27, 2019, 08:43:18 PM
Dublin full value for the win. Our lads only really played for 15 mins - essentially the third quarter of the game and that was it.
I did suspect that this team wasn't as good as some were making them out to be.
This particular group doesn't have too many stand out players.

Think a few of us on here mentioned it wasn't as strong a group as some were suggesting, last years panel was stronger.

There's certainly a noticeable gulf between the two sides in S & C. I'm not sure what they've done to Mulkerrins but he always looked very quick whenever I've seen him before but looked very slow on Sunday and no ways nears ready to play senior football next year based on that. I thought McFadden had a good game as did Liam Boyle although but apart from Tierney I wouldn't put any money on any of the midfielders and forwards making the step up. Tony Gill did very well and even more so given he has another 2 years at this level.

The kickout strategy was baffling, they did excellent on Dublins kickouts but it was appalling stuff on their own.

Dinny Breen

Why Portlaoise?

Surely Semple Stadium would be a better venue and more neutral.
#newbridgeornowhere

Hound

Gas how the morons think when Dublin do well at underage it's down to money! But if Kerry, Tyrone, Cork, Mayo, Kildare, Galway have success, it's down to having good players!

Dublin have a very good development system, which was zero to do with Games Development Funding. Although despite our huge playing numbers, we can't get a good run of success at minor.

At this stage, all out of our U20s would have plenty of games under their belt at senior club level. This is a huge advantage over most other counties, because the standard is so high, and in particular, so deep in Dublin. Every team littered with culchies to, which again helps increase the standard.

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 29, 2019, 01:34:16 PM
Why Portlaoise?

Portlaoise tends to get more of these football semis and finals than Semple for some reason?
There's a double header on this time. Don't know who with and whether that might explain or further confuse the decision.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Hound on July 29, 2019, 01:52:56 PM
Gas how the morons think when Dublin do well at underage it's down to money! But if Kerry, Tyrone, Cork, Mayo, Kildare, Galway have success, it's down to having good players!

Dublin have a very good development system, which was zero to do with Games Development Funding. Although despite our huge playing numbers, we can't get a good run of success at minor.

At this stage, all out of our U20s would have plenty of games under their belt at senior club level. This is a huge advantage over most other counties, because the standard is so high, and in particular, so deep in Dublin. Every team littered with culchies to, which again helps increase the standard.

Why Portlaoise?

Portlaoise tends to get more of these football semis and finals than Semple for some reason?
There's a double header on this time. Don't know who with and whether that might explain or further confuse the decision.
Nothing to do with money at all
Who does all the athletic development and S&C with these lads in clubs and county panels?
I'd love to get a few of these Dublin GAA volunteers down our way. They must be miracle workers

And yet, and yet almost no player from a minority background has come through onto the county panels in Dublin.
Where is all participation money being spunked?

kerryforsam19

Why Portlaoise?

+1 should be on in Gaelic Grounds

kerryforsam19

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on July 29, 2019, 01:59:01 PM
Quote from: Hound on July 29, 2019, 01:52:56 PM

Why Portlaoise?

Nothing to do with money at all
Who does all the athletic development and S&C with these lads in clubs and county panels?
I'd love to get a few of these Dublin GAA volunteers down our way. They must be miracle workers

And yet, and yet almost no player from a minority background has come through onto the county panels in Dublin.
Where is all participation money being spunked?

When don't your clubs spend money on GPO rather than 200 euro a session to outside manager on adult teams? In kerry we went back to basics and looked at plan for our elite young players. The Currans is excellent training facility. Look.at our minor teams in recent years