Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paddyjohn

Quote from: bannside on October 28, 2020, 07:07:32 PM
No PaddyJohn. Its two weeks to our championship and Lenny will be in charge as normal.

Thought he had packed it in going by the board.

Gold

Quote from: asaffgael on October 28, 2020, 01:50:56 PM
Won't happen. CB won't loosen the purse strings for that one. Did Aidan O'Rourke not have a master plan a few years back right down to development squads that was shot down and the CB went for a cheap option?

On the county team, I think Lenny done right going back to get them seasoned players as they are the best we have in quality. If Mick and Paddy C are still performing at a top level why should a younger person automatically deserve the right to play. Perform in training and when you get your chance and earn your place.

If Lenny goes, is there any other in county options?

Agree re the older players....they're the best we have  so who cares if they're 32 or 22, play them.

We need them next year if we've any chance of getting out of a Division 4 with Louth, Wexford, Carlow, Sligo and Leitrim.....all of whom are capable of causing us problems on any given day.

I Fear we could remain in Div 4 for the foreseeable
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

antrimman667

Can I ask a question here maybe DK may know, In our County training ground Dunsilly, is there any proposal for floodlights being put into place? It would be great for winter training for development squads. Great facilities up there, but not enough pitches in the county are floodlit. This is where Tyrone and Derry/Armagh could also have an advantage, as a good number of clubs particularly in Tyrone are floodlit.

Calm Down

Quote from: antrimman667 on October 29, 2020, 09:06:49 AM
Can I ask a question here maybe DK may know, In our County training ground Dunsilly, is there any proposal for floodlights being put into place? It would be great for winter training for development squads. Great facilities up there, but not enough pitches in the county are floodlit. This is where Tyrone and Derry/Armagh could also have an advantage, as a good number of clubs particularly in Tyrone are floodlit.

I think you might be a bit mislead by his name, he is not actually the incumbent Regal Leader of Dunsilly, I am not actually sure if he is Cargin, Creggan, Whitehill or even St Enda's, alas this is the digital world we live in

Na Glinntí Glasa

Are the columns not there for the flood lights?

I cant see the original planning application on line as it only goes back to 2010 so i dont know what was approved but Id assume that when it was done that was on the plans.
hurl like f**k boi!

BrendanAntrim

Quote from: EOC1923 on October 28, 2020, 07:25:21 PM
Brendan I can tell you are loyal to the cause and I wont fault you for that, but why would would we look ahead to a likely championship meeting with Div1 team Monaghan with confidence?

Well they are now a Div 2 team and I didn't actually say that.

antrimman667

Quote from: Dunloy realist on October 29, 2020, 10:00:37 AM
Are the columns not there for the flood lights?

I cant see the original planning application on line as it only goes back to 2010 so i dont know what was approved but Id assume that when it was done that was on the plans.
Yeah I thought that the last time I was up there, was there not enough funding at the time to input the floodlights?

Hoof Hearted

Was there not some issue about be too close to the M2 for lighting ?
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

asaffgael

Quote from: BrendanAntrim on October 29, 2020, 11:00:57 AM
Brendan I can tell you are loyal to the cause and I wont fault you for that, but why would would we look ahead to a likely championship meeting with Div1 team Monaghan with confidence?

They are still Division 1..

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on October 29, 2020, 01:37:29 PM
Was there not some issue about be too close to the M2 for lighting ?

I know that when your wanting flood lights in any sports area you need to get a light pollution drawing done that shows the full spread of the light and if it will affect local housing etc. I cant see the lights being a problem for the M2 as its far enough away from it.

Id say its just down to the cash at the moment. Would be a great asset to the County going forth if we could get them in place.

That and another set of toilets on the pitch side of the set up would be a good help. Enjoyed watching the games at Dunsilly this year and its good viewing on that hill.
hurl like f**k boi!

BrendanAntrim

Quote from: asaffgael on October 29, 2020, 01:41:20 PM
Quote from: BrendanAntrim on October 29, 2020, 11:00:57 AM

They are still Division 1..

🤦‍♂️ My mistake

bannside

Cavan it is. 70 minutes football. Anything is possible.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bannside on October 31, 2020, 03:42:35 PM
Cavan it is. 70 minutes football. Anything is possible.
Youd have been happier with Cavan before today!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

themac_23

prob end up regretting this, but I think we've a shout against Cavan, that was their big performance, over 100 mins in the legs and a week turn around, we've a punchers chance alright

Calm Down

Two words: Physical conditioning, if nothing else will be enough to beat Us