Holidays

Started by Oakleafer93, June 03, 2009, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taylor

Surely it will be ok to get away for a week in the sun in August?

Don Johnson

I was pricing up Centre Parcs for three nights in May / June time and the cheapest was nearly 700E (two adults two children), and then on top of that you would have to pay for your food, drink, any activities booked (you only get the pool included and even then you only get limited visits now with COVID).

By the time it all added up it would be cheaper for us to get away for a week in the sun all inclusive. And sure it could piss down all weekend in Longford if you are unlucky enough.

NAG1

Quote from: Don Johnson on January 18, 2021, 09:35:24 AM
I was pricing up Centre Parcs for three nights in May / June time and the cheapest was nearly 700E (two adults two children), and then on top of that you would have to pay for your food, drink, any activities booked (you only get the pool included and even then you only get limited visits now with COVID).

By the time it all added up it would be cheaper for us to get away for a week in the sun all inclusive. And sure it could piss down all weekend in Longford if you are unlucky enough.

Centre Parcs are a complete rip off.

I guess they can get away with it because they are always booked and busy.

Easily get away for a week in the sun and be home with change for what they are chargning.

Smurfy123

Taylor it looks increasingly unlikely that we will have any fun in the sun this year
Take it that the UK has all adults vaccinated by June but take for example Spain don't?
I'm not so sure they would want us
Maybe a covid text 72 hours before take off at the cost of say £100 per person that's the only way
A family of 4 that's an extra £400 per family
Thoughts??

Taylor

I cant see the likes of Spain not wanting tourists back.

Their economy depends so much on tourists I think it will be the opposite and they will be actively encouraging tourists

Smurfy123

Agree Taylor that the absolutely need a big tourism hit this year but realistically is it goin to happen?
Maybe the covid tests before flying is the only way?
Although the vaccines are a game changer but don't expect the European countries to be anywhere near the uk.
I would expect everyone in the uk to be vaccinated by June. Everyone above 20

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Smurfy123 on January 18, 2021, 09:55:18 AM
Taylor it looks increasingly unlikely that we will have any fun in the sun this year
Take it that the UK has all adults vaccinated by June but take for example Spain don't?
I'm not so sure they would want us
Maybe a covid text 72 hours before take off at the cost of say £100 per person that's the only way
A family of 4 that's an extra £400 per family
Thoughts??

Very West British of you there

thewobbler

I find it odd that people are even considering destinations at this point. Right now, you couldn't be any less in control of your summer holidays, if you tried. You might as well throw darts at an atlas.

mackers

Quote from: thewobbler on January 18, 2021, 10:36:35 AM
I find it odd that people are even considering destinations at this point. Right now, you couldn't be any less in control of your summer holidays, if you tried. You might as well through darts at an atlas.
I've rolled a booking that I had with Ryanair and Canvas for a holiday booked for last July to this July coming.  I don't imagine I'm on my own.  I wouldn't have booked a "new" holiday as such.  It's for the south of France and the way that the French have started the vaccination campaign it's looking dodgy.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Jeepers Creepers

No chance of summer holidays abroad this year unless you have access to a private jet.

armaghniac

I think travel will be possible in the autumn, all developed countries will have vaccinated everyone by the end of August or so. But if you are aiming for the July fortnight then it will be a bit dodgy.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

JimStynes

The virus will surely calm down over the summer again and then start up again during the winter. Hopefully get away somewhere over the summer but I hate the thought of paying way over the odds by those places in Ireland that are ripping the ass out of the prices.

armaghniac

Quote from: JimStynes on January 18, 2021, 11:26:08 AM
The virus will surely calm down over the summer again and then start up again during the winter. Hopefully get away somewhere over the summer but I hate the thought of paying way over the odds by those places in Ireland that are ripping the ass out of the prices.

The problem is Ireland is a short season, if everyone is going to pile in during the same 4 or 5 weeks then of course prices will rise at that time.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

dublin7

I've transferred a booking for Rome from March this year to October. The aim in Ireland is to have everyone vaccinated by September so hopefully by then some sort of re-opening is taking place around Europe.

restorepride

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 17, 2021, 09:51:18 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on January 17, 2021, 09:47:00 PM
After today's Zoom we decided to look for a few house down the Whest... Mayo / Galway direction. Sweet christ, we've had 6 of us in Italy for a week cheaper. Gougin' hooers

That bad?

Was looking also to head down, was also looking at Cornwall!
Imigh thusa leat go Sasan agus fan ann.