Football bets!!!! How to get a bet in!!!

Started by Leg End, January 06, 2008, 01:45:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

corn02

Why not? It is a certainty and surely if it brings it up by even a pound or two it helps?

Rossie11

Would be careful of Madrid based on this..

From bettingzone.co.uk

Real Madrid v Malaga Saturday 7pm Sky Sports Xtra

Paddy Power are taking their life in their own hands by offering Malaga up at even money to win this one with a +2 goals head start - bite their hand off.

All is not well in the home camp, and it's a big mistake to assume Real Madrid will walk this encounter with their plucky visitors.

After all, Los Merengues lost their first home game since last March when Juventus won 2-0 at the Bernabeu in the Champions League earlier this week, franking a dismal period of form for Bernd Schuster's crew overall.

Madrid have won just one of their last five games across all competitions, and can't keep a clean sheet for love nor money - every opponent has netted against them in La Liga in their last six games, including Sporting Gijon, Real Betis and Athletic Bilbao.

To put the icing on the cake, Arjen Robben injured himself in the warm-up against Juve, so he's out too, which means regardless of who you think will come out on top here in the end, evens about Malaga winning + 2 goals is simply too big.

Before their heavy defeat against Barcelona recently, the visitors had won four on the spin, including a 1-0 triumph at Sevilla, so get to Paddy Power before the Irish firm realise the error of their ways.

corn02

Have seen a fair bit of Madrid this season. There going through a score one more than the opposition phase. Incredibly Haiguin actually looks like a player now. I expect a backlash after Juve and 3-0 is my prediction.

fred the red

Take utd -1 tomorrow at 7/2, thats my nap of the weekend.

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: fred the red on November 07, 2008, 05:50:47 PM
Take utd -1 tomorrow at 7/2, thats my nap of the weekend.

Talk sense son

Arsenal ALWAYS up their game against the other big three

Draw written all over it, hoover up the 9/4 widely available...

Thank me later

Our Nail Loney

Scottish teams always do me well...

Queen of the South 8/13
Livingston 7/5
Brechin 10/11
Cowdenbeath 4/7

Our Nail Loney

Also gonna do that bet with United and Arsenal to draw for a smaler amount... If that match dicks it I can always reinvest on the good things...

Minder

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on November 07, 2008, 08:00:39 PM

Queen of the South 8/13
Livingston 7/5
Brechin 10/11
Cowdenbeath 4/7

ONL, on Ladbrokes coupon Cowdenbeath are 4/5. Fella in work was saying Liverpool are 1/5 with Hills but are 4/9 on Ladbrokes, big difference.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ExiledGael

Ladbrokes seem to offer by far the best odds out there on pretty much all sports. Boylesports maybe not too far behind but Hills are among the worst.

Minder

Quote from: ExiledGael on November 07, 2008, 10:11:45 PM
Ladbrokes seem to offer by far the best odds out there on pretty much all sports. Boylesports maybe not too far behind but Hills are among the worst.

Big difference in 4/9 and 1/5 though, you dont usually see such a difference.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

winsamsoon

For a small stake and an interest the old halftime full time bets are not a bad option. I lifted 1400 at the start of the season for a £5 four timer. You can always cover the fiver bet if you want by selecting one team at around evens.

Another good idea if you have the patience is to select two teams every week out of all the football (around evs) Get a friend and yourself to go a fiver each every week, pick a team each and put the £10 double on it. If the first one comes up all you just keep doing this and it means you are always playing with the bookies money (you can increase stakes if you like). But as i say it is a long slow process. I did it a few years back with a guy out of work and from £5 each we got it up to around £200 but we decided to get greedy and we put it all on AC Milan to win the champions league @ 5/2 (quarter final stage) This was the year they were beating Liverpool 3-0 in Istanbul (final) and they lost. Hence we retired at that  :D ;)
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Our Nail Loney

Queen of the South  :o

Stuck Ayr in with my bet as well... Livi drew also...

DoYerJob Linesman

17/03/02 - Semple Stadium Thurles - Heaven On Earth

Our Nail Loney

Today I am betting big with small risk (hopefully)

Have put a sizeable chunk (for me anyway) on Rangers, Chelski, Nemo Rangers and Pandorama (won the first race at Navan at 4/9)

Hope this doesnt blink me

I need a bit of luck.

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: Minder on November 07, 2008, 09:38:00 PM
Quote from: Our Nail Loney on November 07, 2008, 08:00:39 PM

Queen of the South 8/13
Livingston 7/5
Brechin 10/11
Cowdenbeath 4/7

ONL, on Ladbrokes coupon Cowdenbeath are 4/5. Fella in work was saying Liverpool are 1/5 with Hills but are 4/9 on Ladbrokes, big difference.

2/9 they were with laddies, got a coupon and saw it...