Started by gerry, September 29, 2008, 09:48:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Franko

The ardmhacaabu 'one stop shop' handbook of debating tactics;

1. Insult people with opposing opinions
2. State 'facts' and refuse to provide sources
3. Ignore anyone who asks an awkward question
4. If tactics 1-3 fail, pull out the lucky 8 ball and predict the future
5. Continue the debate in a different language in the hope of confusing your opponents

Have you any more masterstrokes up your sleeve?   ;D

Nally Stand

Just noticed the thread on Torrens Knight there. Not a post from ardmhaca abu on it. I take it it's only IRA attacks that really horrify him. Rest assured if Knight happened to have an 8th cousin who in turn had a second cousin who's brother-in-law once owned a dog sold to him by a nephew of an IRA man the thread would have been bombarded with posts about those "shinner cowardly murdering w**k£rs".
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Nally Stand

Yeah I thought I'd make it more ardmhaca sounding. Thanks for noticing there.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Myles Na G.

Quote from: Nally Stand on March 05, 2010, 10:57:20 PM
Just noticed the thread on Torrens Knight there. Not a post from ardmhaca abu on it. I take it it's only IRA attacks that really horrify him. Rest assured if Knight happened to have an 8th cousin who in turn had a second cousin who's brother-in-law once owned a dog sold to him by a nephew of an IRA man the thread would have been bombarded with posts about those "shinner cowardly murdering w**k£rs".
The difference is that there's noone on this board stating that Knight and his colleagues were / are heroes, patriots, justified in their actions, etc. Whereas there's a whole bunch of dicks saying exactly that type of thing about the cowardly murdering w**k£r of the IRA.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Myles Na G. on March 06, 2010, 01:18:05 PM
The difference is that there's noone on this board stating that Knight and his colleagues were / are heroes, patriots, justified in their actions, etc. Whereas there's a whole bunch of dicks saying exactly that type of thing about the cowardly murdering w**k£r of the IRA.
nothing cowardly in fighting back to save your family from violent terrorism from the people that were supposed tobe upholding he law and protecting all its citizens !

be glad and thankful it obv never darkened your door !

Myles Na G.

Quote from: lynchbhoy on March 06, 2010, 04:24:12 PM
nothing cowardly in fighting back to save your family from violent terrorism from the people that were supposed tobe upholding he law and protecting all its citizens !

the violence that used to frighen me when I was growing up in the dark days of the late 60's and early 70's came from two sources. I was frightened of loyalist extremists - tartan gangs, shankill butchers, that sort of thing -  and I was frightened of the bombs that used to explode around Belfast on a daily basis. The bombs which killed and maimed hundreds were planted mainly by the cowardly murdering w**k£r of the IRA. 'fighting back to save your family' my hole.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Myles Na G. on March 06, 2010, 04:51:11 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on March 06, 2010, 04:24:12 PM

the violence that used to frighen me when I was growing up in the dark days of the late 60's and early 70's came from two sources. I was frightened of loyalist extremists - tartan gangs, shankill butchers, that sort of thing -  and I was frightened of the bombs that used to explode around Belfast on a daily basis. The bombs which killed and maimed hundreds were planted mainly by the cowardly murdering w**k£r of the IRA. 'fighting back to save your family' my hole.
they did and I (and thousands if not hundreds of thousands more) are also thankful that they did.
you can twist it whatever way your wee mind likes, but thats the way it was, and thats how history will venerate these guys, just as the men of 1916 and 1921 were once 'villains' and are now 'heroes and patriots'.
Obv people like you will find it hard to take, but I suspect that there are other reasons why you whinge about the IRA etc - usually in these situations you will find that a family memeber was  kneecapped etc for drug dealing/theiving/anti social crimes or touting etc

there are a few who loswt family members because of the ira, but a lot more would have been lost and still being lost if the lads did not start the fightback. A lot of my own family wouldnt be here today if they didnt - so I can say from our own personal exp (and those from the area around us) that this was a thing that had to be done to fight back against the state run apartieid and physically violent persecution !

Myles Na G.

Gerry Bradley on why people joined the IRA:
'Like any big organisation, people joined for different reasons. Some guys joined to take advantage of being in the 'RA. 'RA men were celebrities, especially in the '70s. You were stuck in your own area...Women had nowhere else to go either. Some women threw themselves at local celebrities. Some guys joined the 'RA to get off with women and never did ops. ...Some guys joined for opportunistic reasons, to enjoy the protection of being in the 'RA. Yes, some paedophiles joined for that reason. Yes, the IRA didn't deal with all the chancers and criminals the way they should have, and over the years there were plenty of them, but what could you do? Kill them all? Kick them out of the country?'
(p270)
Heroes my hole.

pintsofguinness

The gospel according to Gerry Bradley  ::)
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

stew

Quote from: pintsofguinness on March 03, 2010, 05:07:46 PM
Quote from: Franko on March 03, 2010, 04:08:01 PM
Quote from: Puckoon on March 03, 2010, 03:53:16 PM
Look at all the little sc**bag provos.

Hope he gets what's coming to him. What's that franko, are you or your buddies gonna kill him?

Erm, not really sure where you got that from - but to answer your question;
I am absolutely certain that neither I, nor any of my circle of friends will ever murder Martin McGartland.

I would, however, be lying if I were to say that I would not raise a smile if someone else were to do it.

Is it OK for me to think this Puck?  ::)
Puck's a pacifist i.e. he's happy for others to do his fighting for him and he can stay in the ivory tower - apart from when it comes to the unborn or the sick and old - whatever's convenient really.

truer words were never spoke.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Nally Stand

Fcuk sake Myles are you that desperate to find something to attack the IRA on?lol You think an organisation the british army privately admitted it could not defeat and referred to as a "professional, dedicated, highly skilled, and resiliant" force, was made up of people looking for fame and who made no secret of their membership? If you are going to debate, don't make yourself look so dumb ffs

Myles Na G.

Quote from: pintsofguinness on March 06, 2010, 08:45:16 PM
As someone who was involved, he's entitled to his view and it carries more weight than the ramblings of the armchair generals, the wannabees and the sadly deluded who post on here on a regular basis.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Myles Na G. on March 06, 2010, 09:29:43 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on March 06, 2010, 08:45:16 PM
As someone who was involved, he's entitled to his view and it carries more weight than the ramblings of the armchair generals, the wannabees and the sadly deluded who post on here on a regular basis.
You're another one that likes to ram his views down other people's throats, easy knowing you're a unionist.  As I said to MW not so long ago, you have your opinions, no one will change them, others will have theirs so there's no point in you trying to ram your views down someone's neck.  Quoting nonsense out of books just makes you look like a tit. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Nally Stand

As someone with a vested interest in discrediting the IRA it carries absolutely no weight. You not suppose a private british army document which was leaked gives more insight? You think those who died or suffered in the H Blocks did so cos they just couldn't get a woman unless they were in the ra?! You think the approx one thousand people murdered by collusion had nothing to do with people joining? Bloody Sunday wasn't a motivation? RUC harassment? I'm debating with a moron.

Tony Baloney

Can we have a whipround for lynchbhoy not to use the word "apartheid" in every post about the troubles. Please.