The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trileacman

I don't get the hate for dolan, I hate canning more. Donegal won a free on the wide right and he says "Murphy will have a chance to add to his score". Then he said it's "smart play" allowing McBearty to hit it. Aye f**king genius letting your left footed free taker hit a left footed free.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

BennyHarp

Quote from: Main Street on July 21, 2019, 05:38:51 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on July 21, 2019, 05:04:04 PM
I don't know if it's psychological or not but i genuinely feel like I get more stupid the longer I listen to Dessie Dolan.
You have been listening to Dessie way too long.

Touché 😂
That was never a square ball!!

BennyCake

Quote from: trileacman on July 21, 2019, 06:04:41 PM
I don't get the hate for dolan, I hate canning more. Donegal won a free on the wide right and he says "Murphy will have a chance to add to his score". Then he said it's "smart play" allowing McBearty to hit it. Aye f**king genius letting your left footed free taker hit a left footed free.

I had Radio 6 counties on instead while watching the TV, even though the radio was about 5 seconds ahead.

Later, I switched to RTE News Now and watched on SD and the Irish language commentary. Hadn't a baldy of most that was being said, and poorer quality, but it's better than listening to Ger Canning!

From the Bunker

Quote from: trileacman on July 21, 2019, 06:04:41 PM

Nobody hates Dolan. Just his co-commentary is terrible.

yellowcard

Canning and Dolan is a woeful combination. You wonder if those RTÉ producers can't hear what we hear or why they continue to get gigs, Dessie seems like a decent skin but he is not a very good co commentator. Oisin is excellent if it wasn't for his monotone voice he would probably be considered the best there is.

twohands!!!

Quote from: hardstation on July 21, 2019, 06:20:06 PM
For someone who was among the best footballers in Ireland in his day, Dolan appears not to have the first clue about what is going on in any game of football. It's not just that his analysis is mundane or predictable (it mostly is) but he is so often completely inaccurate. I find it very odd.

Yup - his understanding of the game is woeful - going by what he says as co-commentator you'd swear blind he never kicked a ball. Odd is the exact word for it.

square_ball

Quote from: twohands!!! on July 21, 2019, 09:05:16 PM
Quote from: hardstation on July 21, 2019, 06:20:06 PM
For someone who was among the best footballers in Ireland in his day, Dolan appears not to have the first clue about what is going on in any game of football. It's not just that his analysis is mundane or predictable (it mostly is) but he is so often completely inaccurate. I find it very odd.

Yup - his understanding of the game is woeful - going by what he says as co-commentator you'd swear blind he never kicked a ball. Odd is the exact word for it.

He'll be disappointed with that one Ger.

Also loves the experience line. A young player misses and he says he shows his inexperience. An older player misses and he says he should have used his experience whatever the hell that means.

From the Bunker

Plámás O'Se does his item on players taking too many steps with the ball. He proceeds to single out Mayo and Donegal players. No Kerry players are singled out! He proceeds to say he is not picking on individual teams.....Right! He could have waited for the Dublin game. Con O'Callaghan and Kilkenny are masters of taking steps!

BennyCake

Hmmm, two Kerry men analysing the Kerry Donegal game, and no Donegal men there.

Reminded me of the time when there was a studio full of unionists on Nolan while debating the fleg protests.

From the Bunker

Quote from: BennyCake on July 21, 2019, 10:55:07 PM
Hmmm, two Kerry men analysing the Kerry Donegal game, and no Donegal men there.

Reminded me of the time when there was a studio full of unionists on Nolan while debating the fleg protests.

And the other two are Dubs!

Classic stuff!

From the Bunker

Camogie highlights in the middle of the show as well! WTF

macdanger2

Tbf, boland got away with an awful load of steps. There was a meath player who got away with a nice few shortly after that as well

From the Bunker

Quote from: macdanger2 on July 21, 2019, 11:32:05 PM
Tbf, boland got away with an awful load of steps. There was a meath player who got away with a nice few shortly after that as well

I have no issue with that! Just give a spread of examples!

moysider

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 21, 2019, 10:48:51 PM
Plámás O'Se does his item on players taking too many steps with the ball. He proceeds to single out Mayo and Donegal players. No Kerry players are singled out! He proceeds to say he is not picking on individual teams.....Right! He could have waited for the Dublin game. Con O'Callaghan and Kilkenny are masters of taking steps!

Erm...... Stephen O Brien

Aaron Boone

The Dubs fans had to wait for the camogie slot.