The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FermGael

What was that do you reckon?
A full 3 minutes tops on division 2, 3 and 4.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

twohands!!!

Quote from: FermGael on January 26, 2020, 10:29:18 PM

The worst thing is spending so much time on the Dublin Kerry game again, when the full game was broadcast on the same channel barely 24 hours ago.
Never mind the fact that the full game is up on the RTE player.

Harold Disgracey

I'm actually surprised the gave them any coverage!

From the Bunker

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on January 26, 2020, 10:50:41 PM

I'm actually surprised the gave them any coverage!

Ah, the 2nd tier teams don't matter.

square_ball

I'm not sure Andy McEntee was the best guest for that particular debate. It's like he didn't do any research or homework to back up the points he was trying to make.

Mayo4Sam14

I wonder will they discuss any football at some stage
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

From the Bunker

Quote from: square_ball on December 06, 2020, 10:47:17 PM
I'm not sure Andy McEntee was the best guest for that particular debate. It's like he didn't do any research or homework to back up the points he was trying to make.

That was just Pat Gilroy and Des having a chat about what's the problem with the rest of us! Andy was just a cross spectator like the rest of us!  :-\

GalwayBayBoy

Gilroy did a good job of muddying the waters there. He actually argued that the Dubs don't receive enough funding and everyone else but Dublin is spending their money badly.

McEntee was absolutely hopeless.

Silkyskillssunshinee

Some of the shite Gilroy came out made me chuckle. "It's almost racism" and "Sligo with Leitrim, whatever. They know each other from DCU."

From the Bunker

Looking at it tonight - Gooch, McStay and McEntee look afraid to take the issue on. They danced around the issues. All seem afraid of losing their appearance fee.

Gilroy looked like a drunk you'd meet in the pub, whose opinion is right and there is no reasoning with him. Des was like the barman who is happy with the way things are and looking to sell more drinks.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on December 06, 2020, 10:52:05 PM
Gilroy did a good job of muddying the waters there.

McEntee was absolutely hopeless.
I thought he was doing very well up until close to the end -- if you know what I mean.
He was motoring well until he mentioned Kilkenny's recent dominance and put out the usual guff about Dublin  inevitably being caught.
Even though an infographic showed that (in 2015) Dublin got about  €274 per player wheres their opponents in the final got only €22 approx. Back to Kilkenny, a county with far fewer senior clubs (12) than Cork with 25 and most others with certainly more than Kilkenny. Furthermore, Kilkenny players had to stand outside church gates to beg money to pay for their own oversea holiday after winning an AI on more than one occasion.
Sheer talent alone put Kilkenny in front of the pack- can the same be said for Dublin?
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

joemamas

Quote from: From the Bunker on December 06, 2020, 10:59:13 PM
Looking at it tonight - Gooch, McStay and McEntee look afraid to take the issue on. They danced around the issues. All seem afraid of losing their appearance fee.

Gilroy looked like a drunk you'd meet in the pub, whose opinion is right and there is no reasoning with him. Des was like the barman who is happy with the way things are and looking to sell more drinks.

Bingo.

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on December 06, 2020, 10:48:03 PM
I wonder will they discuss any football at some stage

That'll be a no
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

BennyCake

Quote from: square_ball on December 06, 2020, 10:47:17 PM

Well, we couldn't have someone who knows what he's talking about now, could we?

So, that's that covered then. Move along, nothing to see here.

Keep bankrolling the Dubs. The other 31 are just a bunch of lazy whingers.

yellowcard

That was a bizarre debate. Andy McEntee looked a bit lost and offered no real insight into what he would propose to do. Gilroy was ranting and raving and threw out some really bizarre alternatives such as joining Kerry and Cork, implementing a granny rule etc. Des Cahill is a really poor host and there was no real structure to the debate whatsoever.