2019 All-Ireland Senior Hurling Championship

Started by MasterJ, July 01, 2019, 10:09:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shantygael

Some result,some work rate by laois.it gives other teams hope that you can beat anyone on the day  if you have the belief.
you've only had enough to drink when you cant hold onto the ground

Giovanni

Don't think I've ever seen a Laois team with more courage and intelligence. Absolutely unbelievable day in Portlaoise with incredible support. Congratulations to all.

Mossy Bruce

I'm just starting to look over all of Tipp's matches for this year. Never thought I'd be doing that!

Will be raising a pint(s) for Mr. Brennan and the lads!
(Still a little early in the day, here.)

What a year!!!
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

G@@

What a win! Brilliant stuff, each and every one of them died for their county today.
"I can't get over you - 'till you come out from under him" - Pat Shortt - Class!

MasterJ

Another day out in Croker. First win the McDonagh now this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laoisabu19 :) :) :)

portlaoisekid

Absolutely stunning.. Brilliant from laois and the lads deserve it , this was no fluke .

burdizzo

Quote from: Helix. on July 07, 2019, 06:38:16 PM
Quote from: MasterJ on July 07, 2019, 06:31:31 PM
Couldn't hold back the tears :'( :'( :'( :'(
Well f**k me that was outrageous. John Lennon was immense. Record the Sunday Game. Absolutely magnificent. Couldn't beat kerry Westmeath last year and pull this out of the fire. Well done lads!

Absolutely, John Lennon - often under-rated - was a real star today. Same goes for Willie Dunphy. Both often do the unglamorous, hard work, but today really got noticed.
I think I'm right in saying this is the first time since 1985 that Laois have beaten a team ranked higher than them in the championship? Unbelievable!!

Mossy Bruce

Quote from: seafoid on July 07, 2019, 06:13:06 PM
Well done lads. Ye kept the faith when things weren't looking great. Ye really deserve today's result, especially Mossy . Laois abú
Thanks for the mention there, Seafoid. But all I do is sit on my arse, wearing a bath robe (blue and white, by the way), coffee in hand, yelling, LAOIS, LAOIS, LAOIS.

(a scary picture, I imagine)
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

Joeythelips

Someone record the Sunday Game and stick it on YouTube for us ex pat's

Mossy Bruce

Quote from: Joeythelips on July 07, 2019, 08:59:43 PM
Someone record the Sunday Game and stick it on YouTube for us ex pat's
Hear, hear!
I'm hooked up to a VPN proxy server in Ireland and I'm still blocked from watching The Sunday Game. It should be free viewing on GAAGO by the end of the week but I sure don't want to wait that long.
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

Tony

Quote from: Mossy Bruce on July 07, 2019, 08:55:35 PM
Quote from: seafoid on July 07, 2019, 06:13:06 PM
Well done lads. Ye kept the faith when things weren't looking great. Ye really deserve today's result, especially Mossy . Laois abú
Thanks for the mention there, Seafoid. But all I do is sit on my arse, wearing a bath robe (blue and white, by the way), coffee in hand, yelling, LAOIS, LAOIS, LAOIS.

(a scary picture, I imagine)
You're a gas character, Mossy  ;D ;D ;D

Tony

Mossy, my son recorded that for you on the Sunday Game, it's uploading to his YouTube now. I'll send you the link when it's uploaded. It's a big file, so it might be Irish Monday morning by the time it's all uploaded & I can send the link to you then. Tony.

Mossy Bruce

Quote from: Tony on July 07, 2019, 10:11:38 PM
Mossy, my son recorded that for you on the Sunday Game, it's uploading to his YouTube now. I'll send you the link when it's uploaded. It's a big file, so it might be Irish Monday morning by the time it's all uploaded & I can send the link to you then. Tony.
Wow! Thanks, Tony & Son.
I really appreciate it!
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

redsetanta

What's seldom is wonderful. Delighted for the hurlers they really deserved that and to see the crowd on the pitch around them at the end was a sight to behold. Willie Dunphy, what a warrior. Always works his socks off and at times doesn't get the breaks. Today he was immense. The run in behind to get the ball prior to the goal typified him and the team. Warriors the lot of them who never stopped and were brave in contact. That first half they swarmed all over Dublin. They believed they could win and by Jaysus they delivered. Nothing like upsetting the odds and they won me a few quid today. The beauty of sport. Things don't always go to plan.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Keyser Söze

I genuinely didn't think this was possible.
Some of it is down to the simplicity of positive attitude that Mr Brennan has; sure why can't we hurl them.
Workrate today was unbelievable. I have no idea how some of them kept going,

There are hurlers in Laois.
Laois abu.

This is the biggest Laois hurling win I have seen and I was there in 1984, 1985, 1989 & throughout the 90s.
It is soooooooo satisfying to be able to turn around and say " ye, we can hurl".

LAOIS, LAOIS, LAOIS, LAOIS, LAOIS, LAOIS!!!
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......