The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 21, 2020, 09:13:50 PM
Quote from: Angelo on September 21, 2020, 08:46:59 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 21, 2020, 08:26:07 PM
Yes and that new generation are?

I'm sure you'd have the likes of Koepka, Spieth, Thomas, the two chaps who won the Majors this year etc.

Speith has been rubbish compared to his early wins. And if koepka doesn't win another major will he be poor?

That depends. McIlroy is 6 years without a major though, the others aren't.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

whitegoodman

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 21, 2020, 09:13:50 PM
Quote from: Angelo on September 21, 2020, 08:46:59 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 21, 2020, 08:26:07 PM
Yes and that new generation are?

I'm sure you'd have the likes of Koepka, Spieth, Thomas, the two chaps who won the Majors this year etc.

Speith has been rubbish compared to his early wins. And if koepka doesn't win another major will he be poor?

Justin Thomas won one major 3 years ago, Dustin Johnston won one major 4 years ago.  Have these guys been found out? Spieth can't even make a cut never mid win another one.

Me thinks your talking an awful amount of sh1t

Orior

Great win by scot Martin Laird last night.

I watched him throw away a two shot lead over the last 4 or 5 holes. His irons on the 17th and 18th were awful. Amazing chip and putt on the 17th for par and terrible chip on 18th leading to a bogey. So he was into a play-off with Wolff and Cook and I thought he hasn't a hope in hell. But he won it on the second playoff hole.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Gabriel_Hurl

His 3rd time in a playoff in that event. Won one in 2009 and lost one in 2010.

JimStynes

They pulled the pin on golf in the south then! Will it apply to the North since it's an all Ireland governing body?

Orior

Quote from: JimStynes on October 21, 2020, 10:06:39 PM
They pulled the pin on golf in the south then! Will it apply to the North since it's an all Ireland governing body?

Any of the Stormont politicians golfers?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

thewobbler

It wouldn't apply in the north. It's not the GUI that's closing the facilities.

Unless something exceptional happens, the north is locked in its current policies until 13 November. Executive cannot change those policies without an assembly vote.

thebigfella

Quote from: highorlow on October 23, 2020, 06:43:13 PM
https://www.change.org/p/golfers-open-golf-courses?utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=custom_url&recruited_by_id=4ff3dd50-1460-11eb-be8f-ddb492a4f0d0

Yep because Carr golf hasn't a vested interest  ::)

No thank you and not because I don't want it to open as was on a real good run of form the last 6 weeks  :'( 

Carr golf are a shower of cnuts, ask anyone who is a member of a course they manage. They ripped the ass out of it after the first lockdown with oversubscribed memberships, society's booked in on the weekends from before 12pm despite members not being able to get out, numerous rumours about social distancing guidelines not being enforced for the society/casual golfers.

Milltown Row2

Well done Darren Clarke, 52 years old and winning PGA tours!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Boycey

In fairness Milltown it was a senior's title being 50 or over is a necessity  :D. 1st win since The Open in 2011....

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Boycey on November 02, 2020, 09:01:41 AM
In fairness Milltown it was a senior's title being 50 or over is a necessity  :D. 1st win since The Open in 2011....

Still!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Gabriel_Hurl

Angelo

Is the golfing equivalent of Lleyton Hewitt flopping at another major?
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Angelo on November 13, 2020, 01:19:22 PM
Is the golfing equivalent of Lleyton Hewitt flopping at another major?

Spieth?