Orange Order Museum in Belfast and Loughgall

Started by Orior, October 18, 2017, 10:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

The saddest sight I saw in many a year was the day all the leaders of different strands of Unionism were lined up by a "Grand Master" to sign some OO declaration about parading where they liked.
Around 3 years ago if memory serves me.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Orior

Very few real positive messages here about the OO, so I'll suggest a few.

- They sometimes do raise money for charity.
- They help unionists develop their own identity and fills some of their cultural deficit.
- Some of their marching band music is okay

If was all like Rossnowlagh, then they would be in a much better place (have I just said they should all move to Donegal? lol)
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

seafoid

Quote from: Orior on October 24, 2017, 01:52:45 PM
Very few real positive messages here about the OO, so I'll suggest a few.

- They sometimes do raise money for charity.
- They help unionists develop their own identity and fills some of their cultural deficit.
- Some of their marching band music is okay

If was all like Rossnowlagh, then they would be in a much better place (have I just said they should all move to Donegal? lol)
Alexei Sayle: that everything would have been okay if Hitler had invaded Poland for charity
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

seafoid

The essence of the Orange Order is anti catholicism.  King Billy was allied with the catholic Hapsburgs. The Liverpool Herald in the 1840s was virulently Orange "It is remarkable that the lower order of Irish Papis are the filthiest beings in the habitable globe. They abound in dirt and vermin and have no care for anything but self gratification that would degrade the brute creation".

Emigrant Irish communities in the US  have nothing in terms of an oral tradition according to Maureen Dezell. "There seems to be a strong element of self abnegation in the typical Irish catholic upbringing " per Thomas O'Connor. The Protestant ascendancy was rotten and the OO continued it in NI. The parades kept the croppies down. Today the OO is strongly pro Brexit. This is suicidal.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU