Laois Senior Footballers 2024

Started by les Antiques, December 31, 2023, 12:09:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saint88

Not sure if there's much evidence that McNulty is a good coach. His teams are physically fit & strong. If he's playing against a superior team he puts bodies behind the ball. But outside of that he it limited. We're lucky Carlow are in our group and going so bad but Fermanagh & Wicklow are playing better football. We should get through because 3 qualify. Next year we need a good football coach in the setup or we will struggle.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Fixtures and Dates for the Tailteann Cup 2024

Group 1:
May 11/12
Kildare v Longford,  Leitrim v Waterford;
May 18/19
Waterford v Kildare;  Longford v Leitrim;
June 1/2 (neutral venues):
Kildare v Leitrim,  Longford v Waterford.

Group 2:
May 11/12
Sligo v Wexford,  Antrim v Tipperary;
May 18/19 
Tipperary v Sligo,  Wexford v Antrim;
Sligo v Antrim;  Wexford v Tipperary.

Group 3:
May 11/12
Fermanagh v Wicklow, Laois v Carlow;
May 18/19
Carlow v Fermanagh; Wicklow v Laois; 
Fermanagh v Laois;  Wicklow v Carlow.

Group 4:
May 11/12
Down v Limerick;  Offaly v London;
May 18/19 
London v Down;  Limerick v Offaly;
Down v Offaly;  Limerick v London
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Blueforever

Another embarrassing result in Portlaoise today we have almost reached the bottom after140 years of playing football in the county after  producing some of the greatest players I have seen in the country John Conway,Bobby Miller, Atch Whelan ,Curly Prendergast the Browne's the Dempsey's the Turleys Joe Higgins Beano and too many more to mention. The first game I attended was in 1968 v Lomgford and after watching the footballers the last few years I despair

redsetanta

We let that one slip yesterday.

They were well on top but credit to Carlow. The county must be buzzing after the fighting performances of both their footballers and hurlers.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

georgedoylesrightleg

harsh ta call it embarasing, worse ta name dem lads gone. young team had job done, lost momentum wit subs n got caught. tailtin more bout bloodin young lads than anythin. learn n move on

The PRO

Quote from: Blueforever on May 12, 2024, 04:53:09 PMAnother embarrassing result in Portlaoise today we have almost reached the bottom after140 years of playing football in the county after  producing some of the greatest players I have seen in the country John Conway,Bobby Miller, Atch Whelan ,Curly Prendergast the Browne's the Dempsey's the Turleys Joe Higgins Beano and too many more to mention. The first game I attended was in 1968 v Lomgford and after watching the footballers the last few years I despair
Crap result for sure but some of the great names you mentioned above played on the day Carlow last beat Laois in 1988. Gerry and Colm Browne and Leo Turley, Sean and Martin Dempsey so maybe a bit of perspective needed.
McNulty got it badly wrong yesterday taking off lads who were playing well like Dunne, Barry and O'Carroll. There was no need to do that.
Wicklow away next week will be no easy task.

Blueforever

Young team my foot we were playing Carlow for Christsake  this team managed to get hammered by Offaly who were in turned hammered by both Dublin and London of all teams until people wake up and see we have a major problem we will never solve it as regards losing to Carlow in 1988 there were some tremendous footballers on that team like Tommy Dwyer Johnny Nevin and the likes who would have got ther place on any team in Ireland

georgedoylesrightleg

difrent team to one playin offaly. much younger. patience.

Sideline12

Laoiseabu

People talking about patience ? If we sit and be patient we will only continue to regress even further . It's clearly obvious that we are getting worse and worse every year and every game that passes.
Our team at the start of the year was weaker than last seasons team . Our team at the moment is even weaker than the start of the year . Our team for next season will be weaker again .
 We are progressively getting worse in my opinion year on year . We haven't actually even hit rock bottom yet either ( when Timmo , Lillis , P Kingston , OCarroll all eventually go )
What's coming in is worse than what's going out . There is certain names creeping into the team sheet now regularly that I wouldn't even class as anything more than average club players
On yesterdays game we threw it away badly at the end but tbh over the course of the game Carlow could of easily scored about 6-22 instead of the 2-17 they got . That's a Carlow team that lost 4-19 to 0-8 to a division 4 Wexford team a few weeks ago in the Leinster championship . Carlow have lost the likes of Jordan Morrissey , Shane Clarke and Josh Moore since too to weaken them even further
It's honestly very hard to be positive when all I see in front of me is a constant battle for us to try and keep our heads above water . Division 3 next year could be tough if we aren't careful

georgedoylesrightleg

i said be patient wit these yungf lads.dont twist words.