Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Targetman

Anyone here got a postal address for the Alternative View, the fanzine.

illdecide

So i'm assuming this guy signed as his contract was up and BR had no say in the deal? or maybe he's rank and BR thought it was good tactics sending him to Sevco?

Rangers sign defender from Leicester City on pre-contract. Calvin Bassey can play at left-back or in central defence
Defender Calvin Bassey has signed a pre-contract to join Rangers from Leicester City, the Ibrox club have announced. The 20-year-old has agreed a four-year contract and will move to Ibrox when the transfer window opens. Rangers say Bassey can play at left-back and in central defence.

"There was a lot of clubs interested in Calvin and for us it's pleasing to secure the services of another young talent," said manager Steven Gerrard. "He's a strong and dynamic athlete who is very much the modern day full-back. He's left-footed, physically powerful and enjoys driving forward and is certainly equipped to thrive in the combative nature of Scottish football." And Bassey added: "When I entered talks with Rangers, I knew this club was right for me.

"Of course I am thankful for everything Leicester has done for me and I am now very excited about working under Steven Gerrard and his coaching team to continue my progression."
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

JimStynes

Where are Sevco getting the money to pay these wages and buy players. I had thought they were skint...

illdecide

Quote from: JimStynes on June 06, 2020, 09:34:31 PM
Where are Sevco getting the money to pay these wages and buy players. I had thought they were skint...

Who knows...Clearly loans as they needed a loan of £10m to finish last season. That will only go on for so long before it catches up with them. Stop the ten at all costs...

illdecide

Lads it looks like LG is on his last legs...I think NL is ready to offload him if he doesn't buck up his ideas...

Celtic boss Neil Lennon has accused Leigh Griffiths of letting the club down by putting on weight in lockdown and has criticised his social media "nonsense".

The Scotland international striker was left behind for the trip to France where the Hoops are competing for the Veolia Trophy after failing to impress Lennon with his condition.

Celtic began the tournament with a 1-1 draw with Nice in Lyon on Thursday, with Patryk Klimala scoring his first goal for the club. But after the match, Lennon made no secret of his displeasure with Griffiths and warned him that his future was on the line at Celtic Park.

"I'm not happy. I think that's fairly obvious by the fact that we've left him behind," Lennon told reporters.

"He's come back out of condition and overweight. Any physical work we asked him to do, he was coming out of saying he was injured. That's going to be the case because he's out of condition.

"It would have been absolutely pointless bringing him with us. We had an extensive week in Loughborough and he wouldn't have been fit to play the games here. The ball is firmly in his court in terms of getting in the right condition.

"He needs to stop all the social media nonsense with all these slogans he puts out there.

"The boys here are all top professionals and I have a great staff who are all professional as well. They deserve better and he should know better.
"If he wants to have a future here at the club, it's down to himself. We're not prepared to do a lot more for him. Everything's there for him. He's let himself down and he's let us down."

Griffiths, 29, has been with Celtic since 2014 and has scored 84 goals in 151 league appearances for the Hoops.

Targetman

Pity about Griff because when he's on form he's a great striker, doesn't look great for him now though

tonto1888

Doesn't look good for Griff at the moment but he only has himself to blame

illdecide

Quote from: tonto1888 on July 17, 2020, 06:43:54 PM
Doesn't look good for Griff at the moment but he only has himself to blame

100%...A highly paid professional who lets himself down like that deserves all he gets coming to him. No sympathy for him at all

clarshack

How much weight did Griff put on?

illdecide

clarshack

That's a lot for a professional athlete to put on.

illdecide

Quote from: clarshack on July 18, 2020, 03:56:38 PM

Here i was messing, haven't a clue what he put on :)

illdecide

There are a lot of mixed messages about Griff on Twitter, quite a few are saying Lennon and Celtic are throwing him under the bus regarding his mental illness and that they should be sticking by him etc etc. I get all that but NL has a team to assemble and run and Griff should have been more professional about it, he knows himself. He's always on social media which club have told him to stay off as it's not good for anyone suffering from mental health...I think he'll get one last chance and if he doesn't get himself fit by mid August his time could be up. He could go out to Hibs on loan or possibly sell him to Hibs in Jan but either way he's walking a tight rope...I would love to see him turn it around and i hope he does but the way it is atm he's peddling into the wind

clarshack

Quote from: illdecide on July 18, 2020, 04:27:42 PM
Quote from: clarshack on July 18, 2020, 03:56:38 PM

Here i was messing, haven't a clue what he put on :)

Lol no worries, I'd say 1-2 pounds put on probably wouldn't have that reaction so bound be a good bit more.

Targetman

Completely different starting team for tonight's game against Lyon, lets see if Klimala can step up