62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Targetman

£10 million, I take it you're taking the piss here

clarshack

Quote from: illdecide on May 28, 2020, 06:44:56 PM
Why couldn't the sfa and spfl just have held on for another few weeks before ending the season. We could have started in June like Premier League and finished the season properly. Then we wouldn't have to listen to the sh1te every day since from them cheating low life tax dodging zombies

I feel the SFA were a little hasty in calling the season too. They could easily have restarted same time as England and now there will always be an asterisk over Celtic's latest title which very much suits the Huns.

Main Street

Quote from: clarshack on May 28, 2020, 10:26:31 PM
Why couldn't the sfa and spfl just have held on for another few weeks before ending the season. We could have started in June like Premier League and finished the season properly. Then we wouldn't have to listen to the sh1te every day since from them cheating low life tax dodging zombies

I feel the SFA were a little hasty in calling the season too. They could easily have restarted same time as England and now there will always be an asterisk over Celtic's latest title which very much suits the Huns.
That asterisk sounded a worse fate than original sin, so I went in search of the fabled asterisk.  I looked high and low and and I can't find any asterisk anywhere.
Does the asterisk exist outside the tiny brains of Rangers' fans and their fellow travellers - who are a disreptable bunch of retards, fascists, bigots  and supporters of EPL clubs.
http://www.rsssf.com/tabless/scotchamp.html#sall
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_records_in_Scotland
https://spfl.co.uk/league/premiership/table
https://footystats.org/scotland/premiership
https://www.espn.co.uk/football/table/_/league/SCO.1/scottish-premiership

ned

The Bundesliga and EPL rely on TV contracts for main income otherwise they may not have restarted either. Also, Scotland is a touch behind in terms of easing lockdown. It will probably be into July before players resume full training so resumption of "competitive" football would be into when the new season would normally start.

tonto1888

They still would have found a way

illdecide

Quote from: tonto1888 on May 29, 2020, 08:48:45 AM

They still would have found a way

Yeah...on that Asterisk issue a fella made a good point yesterday when he said about the year Rangers and Dunbarton (I think was the team) actually shared the title even though Dunbarton had a superior goal difference...

Despite the Sons' superior goal difference of seven, rules at the time stated a play-off would decide the fate of the league flag.

But after the match finished 2-2, and no extra-time or penalty shoot-out planned, the Championship was shared for the only time in its history.

The outcome has not been lost on Celtic fans who have this week heard Gers rivals play down their nine-in-a-row triumph, with many claiming the triumph has an asterisk due to the SPFL season being called early.

Neil Lennon's side did of course have a 13 point lead with eight games left to play and were on track for a quadruple Treble.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Main Street

Taylor

Quote from: Main Street on May 29, 2020, 02:16:48 PM
There is no asterisk.

Off course there will be an asterix even if supporters may not like it.

Main Street

Quote from: Taylor on May 29, 2020, 02:21:26 PM
There is no asterisk.

Where is the asterisk, can you find one for me?

illdecide

I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Taylor

Quote from: Main Street on May 29, 2020, 03:30:46 PM
There is no asterisk.

You lads get some up tight about it.

Off course Celtic would have won the league but the simple facts are the league was cancelled early, meaning there has to be an asterix.

Its pretty simple.

rangers fans will grasp onto this forever and any sane person knows that Celtic are the true winners but it does come with an asterix due to the league finishing early through no fault of Celtics

Main Street

Quote from: Taylor on May 29, 2020, 03:37:24 PM
There is no asterisk.

Off course Celtic would have won the league but the simple facts are the league was cancelled early, meaning there has to be an asterix.

Its pretty simple.

rangers fans will grasp onto this forever and any sane person knows that Celtic are the true winners but it does come with an asterix due to the league finishing early through no fault of Celtics
[/quote
You're the muttonhead who keeps going on about the mythical asterisk existing in some form or another, either  at present time or in some unknown time in the future.

But the asterisk has not been added on, it does not exist now and there is no chance it will be added on after the fact becasue it does not fit any criteria.
The only letter/symbol added on after Celtic's name is   C for champion, just like PSG.

But let the imaginary asterisk continue to exist in your head, however there is no process whereby what you think exists is somehow magically transformed into something of substance.

Taylor

Quote from: Main Street on May 29, 2020, 04:24:50 PM
There is no asterisk.

Its pretty simple.

[/quote
You're the muttonhead who keeps going on about the mythical asterisk existing in some form or another, either  at present time or in some unknown time in the future.

But the asterisk has not been added on, it does not exist now and there is no chance it will be added on after the fact becasue it does not fit any criteria.
The only letter/symbol added on after Celtic's name is   C for champion, just like PSG.

But let the imaginary asterisk continue to exist in your head, however there is no process whereby what you think exists is somehow magically transformed into something of substance.

Muttonhead........classy as always from you
::)

Good reasoned debate....again like always from you

ned

There is no asterisk.

Its pretty simple.

But what is the purpose of the asterisk? It denotes a footnote. And only in history books. In this case not that Celtic weren't champions but that the season ended early.
Look at any football history book, an asterisk can show a lot of things. Maybe a team won a championship on GD or a championship was shared or a team was promoted or relegated after a playoff or any other reason. The history books won't say Celtic wouldnt have won the league or didn't deserve to win the league.
So there is no denegration of the achievement asterisk or no asterisk. The implication from some is that it is a lesser achievement. In fact it is probably one of the most satisfying considering the positions at the end of December and the fact it meant 9iar.

From the Bunker

Quote from: ned on May 29, 2020, 07:56:12 PM
There is no asterisk.

Its pretty simple.

But what is the purpose of the asterisk? It denotes a footnote. And only in history books. In this case not that Celtic weren't champions but that the season ended early.
Look at any football history book, an asterisk can show a lot of things. Maybe a team won a championship on GD or a championship was shared or a team was promoted or relegated after a playoff or any other reason. The history books won't say Celtic wouldnt have won the league or didn't deserve to win the league.
So there is no denegration of the achievement asterisk or no asterisk. The implication from some is that it is a lesser achievement. In fact it is probably one of the most satisfying considering the positions at the end of December and the fact it meant 9iar.

Great post - Well said, that's that! Time to move on!