Rossies v the Dubs, being played somewhere next Sunday.

Started by giveballaghback, March 28, 2016, 12:59:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

giveballaghback

The Dubs are coming to town next weekend or are they. We have no pitch so we are like the farmer that sold the cows to buy a milking machine
Anyway we have to get on with it where ever it is played. We wont have our u21 players available so we are down to the team that started today. The week will be a long one for those lads and I am sure they will want to get back out on the field and play some football. Playing the dubs is not a great place to be looking for solace so lets hope our lads can get moving again and put up a respectable performance.
My guess is the game could be in Tullamore as Offaly are away in Limerick and it is really that or Tuam.

J70

Quote from: giveballaghback on March 28, 2016, 12:59:17 AM
The Dubs are coming to town next weekend or are they. We have no pitch so we are like the farmer that sold the cows to buy a milking machine
Anyway we have to get on with it where ever it is played. We wont have our u21 players available so we are down to the team that started today. The week will be a long one for those lads and I am sure they will want to get back out on the field and play some football. Playing the dubs is not a great place to be looking for solace so lets hope our lads can get moving again and put up a respectable performance.
My guess is the game could be in Tullamore as Offaly are away in Limerick and it is really that or Tuam.

Does this game matter? Aren't both in the semis anyway given Cork's scoring deficit, assuming Ros don't lose by something ridiculous?

Beffs

Tullamore is a grand venue. What's the capacity in Tuam?

Cunny Funt

Quote from: J70 on March 28, 2016, 01:06:41 AM
Quote from: giveballaghback on March 28, 2016, 12:59:17 AM

Does this game matter? Aren't both in the semis anyway given Cork's scoring deficit, assuming Ros don't lose by something ridiculous?
It doesn't matter a dead rubber game.

Syferus

I have a bad feeling the money at stake may force the CB's hand and mean this goes ahead at the Hyde if at all possible. We don't have Dublin's super bucks. It would probably absolutely ruin the game as a spectacle. It certainly did today.

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: Beffs on March 28, 2016, 01:09:47 AM

What's wrong with Croker?  ;)
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

T Toatler

It wont be in Roscommon, rain all week especially near weekend. Longford is out, Carrick too small, Tuam not suitable really as you need big seating capacity. Portlaoise is out, Mullingar is out, which leaves Tullamore, or maybe Croke Pk. No matter it has to be played and lovely venue it might be but Dr Hyde Pk is not playable.

Aaron Boone

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on March 28, 2016, 09:42:07 AM

Croker or Parnell Park have to be considered.

Rossfan

Why?
How many expected at this dead rubber game? 6 or 7k?
Carrick will easily hold the crowd if available?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

manfromdelmonte

I don't think a huge crowd will turn up for this.
Carrick would hold the crowd.

By moving the game from the Hyde it's a €50,000 hit at least for county board and then local businesses losses.

twohands!!!

Quote from: Aaron Boone on March 28, 2016, 10:20:02 AM
Quote from: The Hill is Blue on March 28, 2016, 09:42:07 AM

Croker or Parnell Park have to be considered.

Nah Dublin don't fancy an away game.  :D

Stad

Are the Roscommon players allowed to wear protective glasses for this game? It won't save them from the biting but it might save their eyes.

seafoid

Ros could kill 2 birds by togging out in swimming gear and anti gouge goggles, playing in HP and declaring the mode of play to be water polo. If Indiana agrees it should be grond.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Lar Naparka

Quote from: T Toatler on March 28, 2016, 09:50:14 AM
It wont be in Roscommon, rain all week especially near weekend. Longford is out, Carrick too small, Tuam not suitable really as you need big seating capacity. Portlaoise is out, Mullingar is out, which leaves Tullamore, or maybe Croke Pk. No matter it has to be played and lovely venue it might be but Dr Hyde Pk is not playable.
There is no need to go running about like a headless chicken trying to find pitch anywhere when the best pitch in the province can be had for the asking. Mayo, magnanimous as always, would be glad to help heir neighbours in their hour of need. Castlebar is only 30 miles or so from Roscommon and would be well capable of holding whatever number turns up.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi