St. Molaise Gaels
Ballymote
Calry/St. Joseph's
Tourlestrane
St. Mary's
St. Farnan's
St. John's

magpie seanie

Just want to add my congrats to Western Gaels on a deserved win. Even though I was disappointed for our lads I was happy for some of the victors with the sheer joy they displayed. Our lads have plenty to take from this and if they learn from it then surely the day will come when we land our first senior hurling title. All our team are 24 or under. Just want to mention the support both sides had - it was fairly big. Good to see.

Amazing that this late in the year things are still so busy. Our minors are in a shield final on Friday night in Tourlestrane, U-16 hurlers in Connacht action away to Tooreen on Saturday and U-20 footballers away to Tubber on Sunday. Thankfully the weather is glorious at present and long may it last.

SLIGONIAN

Congrats to Western Gaels, hopefully a few of them will dawn the black and white in future.

Best of luck to Harps on sunday in Kiltoom, be the first part of the revenge factor for crushing defeats this yr.

Best of luck to Easkey and St Pats in a Markievicz double header this sunday.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

SLIGONIAN

Congrats to Charlie Harrison on becoming Sligos 4th Allstar. Delighted for him. It is a suprise but a nice one. Whilst hes not as good defender as Ross he does attack from the back at pace and not many players in Ireland are as good as Ross. Congrats to him. Delighted.

Mano

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on October 13, 2010, 05:24:42 PM
Congrats to Charlie Harrison on becoming Sligos 4th Allstar. Delighted for him. It is a suprise but a nice one. Whilst hes not as good defender as Ross he does attack from the back at pace and not many players in Ireland are as good as Ross. Congrats to him. Delighted.
I think he deserves it. He was excellent in all games i seen him play (didn't do Down) and kept his man scoreless in all games. His move to wing back against Roscommon turned game in our favour  - if he was moved sooner we may have won it. MOTM against Galway in replay where he was involved in many scores. I agree Ross Donovan should have been in with a shout also.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Mano on October 14, 2010, 06:30:51 AM
Quote from: SLIGONIAN on October 13, 2010, 05:24:42 PM
I think he deserves it. He was excellent in all games i seen him play (didn't do Down) and kept his man scoreless in all games. His move to wing back against Roscommon turned game in our favour  - if he was moved sooner we may have won it. MOTM against Galway in replay where he was involved in many scores. I agree Ross Donovan should have been in with a shout also.
Thats true to a certain extent, he did foul alot in the connacht final, and ronan murtagh scored 1-5 in 20 mins on him against down but he was left one on one isolated, im glad but Ross is a better defender. I see Harrison as a better half back and he proved it to me when moved out in the Galway replay and Roscommon game.

SLIGONIAN

What the fck happened Harps today? Such utter shite...

Puts our county championship into perspective.

All 3 Sligo sides losing to Roscommon, were are a joke of a county.

Mano

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on October 17, 2010, 04:55:00 PM

Surprised by the scoreline gap but not by the result. Harps were there for the taking on county final day also. Tourlestrane were beginning to pull away when centre back and full back went off injured. O'Hara was also not fit and Neary and Henry were left on the bench.
Harps full back line were cleaned for the first 20 minutes until ball stopped going in and had to rely on Taylor for scores and of which 3 were gifted by Tourlestrane keeper. Still very surprised by 17 point difference.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Mano on October 17, 2010, 05:30:11 PM
Quote from: SLIGONIAN on October 17, 2010, 04:55:00 PM

Surprised by the scoreline gap but not by the result. Harps were there for the taking on county final day also. Tourlestrane were beginning to pull away when centre back and full back went off injured. O'Hara was also not fit and Neary and Henry were left on the bench.
Harps full back line were cleaned for the first 20 minutes until ball stopped going in and had to rely on Taylor for scores and of which 3 were gifted by Tourlestrane keeper. Still very surprised by 17 point difference.
Second time this yr we scored only 4pts against a roscommon team. Its time we took a look at ourselves.

People think Sligo will kick on next yr, i have my doubts, we are in for a few heavy lessons in div2. That leitrim game worries me.

These type of results piss me off as it seems to happen us regurlarly but not anyone else.

magpie seanie

The standard of club football has gone way down in Sligo at all levels. The county side is a different issue. If you have a good manager and 20-25 decent players the standard of club football matters little (cos they rarely play it anyway). Of course the county team gets the notoriety and is wrongly identified by many as the weather vein of the health of a county. In our case its papering over the very large cracks.

SLIGONIAN

The draws for the following competitions,

* Connacht FBD League 2011
* Connacht Junior Football Championship 2011
* Connacht Minor Football League & Minor Football Championship 2011 must be a new format if there doing it seperate to the senior..
* Connacht U21 Football Championship 2011
* Ted Webb Cup 2011
* Connacht U21 Hurling Championship 2011
* Connacht Club Senior, Intermediate & Junior Football Championship 2011
* Connacht Club Intermediate & Junior Hurling Championship 2011

will take place tonight in the Connacht GAA Office, Ballyhaunis.
10pm tonight.

SLIGONIAN

u21 Sligo v Galway  Connacht semi final Sligo home venue

Minors Sligo v Galway Connacht QTR Sligo home venue
winners  v leitrim

Juniors Galway v Sligo Connacht Semi Galway home venue

FBD league has changed with Sligo/ IT Sligo/ Galway and NUIG in our side, tougher games than with Leitrim and GMIT on the other side so happy enough. January 9th Enniscrone and Galway up first.

Senior club Leitrim v Sligo QTR
Roscommon v winners

Overall a few 2 semis and 2 qtrs Avoided mayo and roscommon in u21 and minor is good as we have beaten Galway underage over the last few yrs. Happy enough.

SLIGONIAN

SENIOR CONNACHT CHAMPIONSHIP DATES

Sunday 1st May New York Roscommon Gaelic Park
Preliminary Round Sunday 29th May London Mayo Ruislip
Preliminary Round Sat 4th/Sun 5th June Sligo Leitrim Markievicz Park, Sligo
Semi-Finals Sat 18th/Sun 19th June Sligo/Leitrim New York/Roscommon Sligo/Leitrim venue
Semi-Finals Sat 25th/Sun 26th June London/Mayo Galway McHale Park
Final Sunday 17th July

This actually annoyed me, we are the last QTR final but if we win that we are the first semi final, Also our minors are at home to Galway on the 25th the same weekend as the second Senior semi, why didnt they put our potential semi final on the 25th and have Sligo v Galway minor as curtain raiser.

Sligo/ros/leitrim have 4 weeks to wait from semi final to final. At least should help our lads not be burned out if we get that far.

SLIGONIAN

U21 DATES FOR YOUR DIARY

Connacht U21 Football Championship 2011

Preliminary Round Saturday 12th March Mayo Roscommon Mayo venue
Semi-Finals Saturday 19th March A Leitrim tbc
Semi-Finals Saturday 19th March Sligo Galway Sligo venue
Final Saturday 2nd April

SLIGONIAN

Minor Dates for your diary

Connacht Minor Football Championship 2011

Preliminary Round Saturday 23rd April Roscommon New York. Roscommon Venue.
Quarter-Final Saturday 25th June Sligo Galway. Sligo venue
Semi-Finals Sunday 26th June Roscommon/NewYork Mayo. tbc
Semi-Finals Saturday 2nd July Sligo/Galway Leitrim. tbc
Final Sunday 17th July

Connacht Minor Football League 2011

Round 1 Saturday 19th March Roscommon Mayo
Round 1 Saturday 19th March Leitrim Sligo
Round 1 Saturday 19th March Galway bye
Round 2 Saturday 26th March Sligo Galway
Round 2 Saturday 26th March Roscommon Leitrim
Round 2 Saturday 26th March Mayo bye
Round 3 Saturday 2nd April Galway Mayo
Round 3 Saturday 2nd April Sligo Roscommon
Round 3 Saturday 2nd April Leitrim bye
Round 4 Saturday 9th April Galway Roscommon
Round 4 Saturday 9th April Mayo Leitrim
Round 4 Saturday 9th April Sligo bye
Round 5 Saturday 16th April Leitrim Galway
Round 5 Saturday 16th April Sligo Mayo
Round 5 Saturday 16th April Roscommon bye

SLIGONIAN

I notice not very many posters left on here, so this will not get many replies...

But whats your opinions on who should be the next Chairman, Cyril Feehily, Peter McHugh and Christy Murphy all likely to battle it out?

What did ye make of John Murphys tenure?