Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AustinPowers

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on April 21, 2023, 08:42:03 AM
Most are saying United are better this season but it's hard for ETH when Maguire is just gone mentally and he has such a terrible ability to cause jitters all around him.
DeGea always goes through calamity patches too.
He has tried different things with Sancho to no avail. Martial is flaky. McFred duo are average squad players.

Rashfords goals have papered cracks but it's a poor squad with downright bad players in some positions.

Teams must be rubbing  their hands  when facing United.  Pressure de gea ,  and he will c**k up .  If Maguire is there , even  better .  Pressure those two  and you'll get goals

Get  stuck in to  United  and  they don't want to know.  Sancho martial Bruno Fred etc ,  not cut out for a  battle.  United need  a few headcases  especially in  central positions.  I'd rather get beat  with lesser  quality players giving at least  100% than  the spineless displays  by  those bunch of  Jessie's 

Armagh18

Quote from: An Watcher on April 21, 2023, 09:57:25 AM
Jones!!!!! See Martial rant above
He has dirt on one of the glazers. Has to.

Cunny Funt

Last season United finished 6th with 58 points Ronaldo scored 18 league goals. This season currently 3rd with 59 points and Rashford with 15 league goals so the improvement is more to do than just his goals. Main thing for Rashford is continuing that form into next season however he's one player hampered by injuries over the years.

Main improvement has been the home form, unbeaten in the league and cup competitions since early September beating Man City,Tottenham,Liverpool,Arsenal,Real Betis, Barcelona etc in Old Trafford.  If they win their remaining 4 home games they should finish in the top 4 and TBH I for one didn't expect United to finish much higher in the table than last season.

ETH taking every competition serious has taken it's toll and with 50 plus games add in the World cup injuries and suspensions was always going to happen but United do not have suitable replacements to fill in which he should know now and should be a very busy summer for him with ins and outs.  Might get by with one of Maguire or Lindelof starting but both starting together especially against any side that plays the high press and have big intensity you may as well watch the match with the benny hill theme music.

As for Martial he's made of glass, when sent out on loan was the opportunity to part ways with him. Phil Jones apparently hasn't been able to train under Ten Haag, he has to be considering retirement at this stage.

Piskin

Ten Hag is going to have a hell of a fight with the Glaziers if they are still owners for money for at least 7 players. Half a billion at least needs to be spent. With this current shower of pussies he is not going to be able to challenge the top teams. Do Utd want another manager at this stage cos Ten Hag will quit if he doesn't get his way and rightly so!!

Helix.

Quote from: 5times5times on April 21, 2023, 09:51:09 AM
DDG - Out
Maguire - Out
Jones - Out
Elanga - Out
Martial - Out
Weghorst - Out

Sancho - Should be out, useless

Dalot & AWB, shocking choice to make, both duds

Add Telles, Brandon Williams, Bailly and Dean Henderson. Van de Beek back to Ajax would probably be best. Hasn't worked out.  Missing a few more no doubt !

Milltown Row2

Brighton great price to qualify
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

AustinPowers

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 22, 2023, 10:27:56 AM

I think Brighton will  beat United tomorrow . 3-1

Hound

Wouldn't call odds-on a good price!
I'm actually surprised United are underdogs with the bookies. United are well ahead of them in the table and they'll definitely play better than they did during the week.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hound on April 22, 2023, 01:53:17 PM
I'm actually surprised United are underdogs with the bookies. United are well ahead of them in the table and they'll definitely play better than they did during the week.

4/5 is free money

If you fancy over 90 minutes it's 13/10

Don't see how Utd currently can change their form. Whereas Brighton are in a better place
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Blowitupref

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 22, 2023, 02:09:20 PM
Quote from: Hound on April 22, 2023, 01:53:17 PM

4/5 is free money

If you fancy over 90 minutes it's 13/10

Don't see how Utd currently can change their form. Whereas Brighton are in a better place

Not surprised with the odds.  United off the back of a damaging defeat. Both first choice centre backs ruled out through injury and Maguire who would come in is suspended, the latter looks like a bonus but they'll have to play a full back or midfielder alongside Lindelof
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Cunny Funt

No posts on here today Man United must have won?

Achievement itself to hold good Brighton side scoreless for 120 minutes with a patched up defence and were overdue a penalty shootout victory.

Uphill task against hot favourites Man City in the final but underdogs have won these finals so you never know.

AustinPowers

I was   actually hoping  Brighton would win this as I think  City will trounce United  and it's hateful losing a final . not as bad losing a semi .

Luckily it didn't  come down to de gea having to  take  a penalty this time.  He looked like a six year old in that goal compared  to the Brighton  keeper.  I don't understand why  he doesn't  try  to make himself look big , wave  his arms , jump  up and down, wobble the  legs. Just do something , Anything to try and put the taker  off.  You might as well have worzel gummidge  in goals

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: AustinPowers on April 23, 2023, 10:06:37 PM
I was   actually hoping  Brighton would win this as I think  City will trounce United  and it's hateful losing a final . not as bad losing a semi .

Luckily it didn't  come down to de gea having to  take  a penalty this time.  He looked like a six year old in that goal compared  to the Brighton  keeper.  I don't understand why  he doesn't  try  to make himself look big , wave  his arms , jump  up and down, wobble the  legs. Just do something , Anything to try and put the taker  off.  You might as well have worzel gummidge  in goals

Worzel would at least save the panenka. It's incredible that a supposed good shot stopper is so useless in penalty shootouts. We can only pray city get distracted with the 2 other trophies

Captain Scarlet

Like Kildare fans, United fans can't wait for the next game on the big stage...

them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Armagh18

De Gea is woeful, probably top priority or close to it is replacing him.